Author Topic: Lefty vs Metro  (Read 12074 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

metro

  • Guest
Reply #50 on: March 30, 2007, 12:39:12 pm
since the lunch hour of yesterday gave Lefty 18 straight votes in what was a virtual dead heat....there is an easy solution to this controversy:

there should be a new poll/re-vote on Monday with a twist.  Nineradvocate's admin rights must be turned off for the voting.  Let my people speak without the antichrist guardinig the ballotbox.

(then if I get my ass kicked, I will fully endorse Lefty thru the championship)


NinerAdvocate

  • Guest
Reply #51 on: March 30, 2007, 12:42:35 pm
Good lord, so that's what all your baiting and mud slinging has been about.

You couldn't be any more transparent.

:rolleyes:

Losing to Lefty is just killing you. Cracks me the hell up because I only voted once, and I haven't touched the poll, dumbass.

Keep it up Metro, cause I'm LOVIN' seein' you twist in the wind. You're like some kind of OCD attention whore. You can't help yourself.


metro

  • Guest
Reply #52 on: March 30, 2007, 12:50:27 pm
Quote from: NinerAdvocate;228423
Good lord, so that's what all your baiting and mud slinging has been about.

You couldn't be any more transparent.

:rolleyes:

Losing to Lefty is just killing you. Cracks me the hell up because I only voted once, and I haven't touched the poll, dumbass.

Keep it up Metro, cause I'm LOVIN' seein' you twist in the wind. You're like some kind of OCD attention whore. You can't help yourself.


remember the NNN rules of conduct sir


NinerAdvocate

  • Guest
Reply #53 on: March 30, 2007, 12:53:32 pm
Quote from: metro;228427
remember the NNN rules of conduct sir


Awesome. I salute you. You are the undisputed king of unintentional comedy in my book. Don't let anyone tell you differently. :clap: :clap: :clap:


Chisox17

  • MemberPF
  • Chancellor
  • ******
  • Posts: 10056
    • http://www.ninerreport.com
Reply #54 on: March 30, 2007, 12:58:33 pm
Wait is this Metro vs Lefty, or Metro vs NA?  

This is getting good :popcorn:
2010 NNN POSTER OF THE YEAR


metro

  • Guest
Reply #55 on: March 30, 2007, 01:06:14 pm
Quote from: Chisox17;228429
Wait is this Metro vs Lefty, or Metro vs NA?  

This is getting good :popcorn:


chi, keep an eye on the vote tally, everytime I humiliate NA, Lefty gains votes like Jimmy Hoffa walking into a union hall.


NinerAdvocate

  • Guest
Reply #56 on: March 30, 2007, 01:07:25 pm
Quote from: Chisox17;228429
Wait is this Metro vs Lefty, or Metro vs NA?  

This is getting good :popcorn:


This is Metro versus his lack of self esteem.


TheNinerAlchemist

  • Senior
  • **
  • Posts: 2376
Reply #57 on: March 30, 2007, 01:10:19 pm
Unquestionably the thread of the year so far.  It's like a streetfight.  Only with smiley emoticons.
I turn all things to gold.



metro

  • Guest
Reply #58 on: March 30, 2007, 01:48:30 pm
Quote from: TheNinerAlchemist;228435
Unquestionably the thread of the year so far..


Al,
I remember the genesis of my authority over NA.  It was the charlotte.com board, our first board.  Curtis Nash our point gaurd was god awful and got railed every day on the board about his play and tats up his neck.  So then his mom logs on, and starts calling us racist and telling us how bad Jobey Thomas sucked.  Me and a few others put her in her place, and NA and Lefty rushed to her defense- hence the rivalry was born.  This is a time honored off season annual passage of rights.  A tradition.  Pretty soon NA will be so beat up, he'll symbolically take his sand bucket and go home....err rather lock the thread down and he will make the final post and stab.  This is like dogwoods blossoming and pollen in the air.


LeftyNiner

  • Head Coach
  • ****
  • Posts: 6654
Reply #59 on: March 30, 2007, 02:26:10 pm
Quote from: metro;228421
since the lunch hour of yesterday gave Lefty 18 straight votes in what was a virtual dead heat....there is an easy solution to this controversy:

there should be a new poll/re-vote on Monday with a twist.  Nineradvocate's admin rights must be turned off for the voting.  Let my people speak without the antichrist guardinig the ballotbox.

(then if I get my ass kicked, I will fully endorse Lefty thru the championship)


Did it ever occur to you that lunch hour might be one of the busiest times on the board?  It's kind of like this season where the team struggled, everyone's down and you spend more time here...rubbing it in and gloating over how you were right and everyone else was wrong.


Oracle

  • Walk On
  • *
  • Posts: 14
Reply #60 on: March 30, 2007, 02:49:50 pm
deleted
The Oracle knows all, but will tell less. The rest is up to you.


Normmm

  • MemberPF
  • Head Coach
  • ****
  • Posts: 6834
Reply #61 on: March 30, 2007, 03:18:39 pm
I was one of the few to only vote in one contest.  Lefty is the only person I know in any of the matches.

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.


Chisox17

  • MemberPF
  • Chancellor
  • ******
  • Posts: 10056
    • http://www.ninerreport.com
Reply #62 on: March 30, 2007, 03:22:36 pm
[edited]

For the record, I'm not trying to take sides in this thread.  Metro and Lefty are two of my favorite posters of all time.  They are extremely different, but thats why this board kicks ass. :thumbsup:
2010 NNN POSTER OF THE YEAR


metro

  • Guest
Reply #63 on: March 30, 2007, 03:37:05 pm
Quote from: Chisox17;228496
For the record, I'm not trying to take sides in this thread.  Metro and Lefty are two of my favorite posters of all time.  They are extremely different, but thats why this board kicks ass. :thumbsup:


[edited]

this thread was pretty fun, I actually enjoy sparring with NA, but its officially ruined now I'd say.


Chisox17

  • MemberPF
  • Chancellor
  • ******
  • Posts: 10056
    • http://www.ninerreport.com
Reply #64 on: March 30, 2007, 03:41:00 pm
deleted
2010 NNN POSTER OF THE YEAR


Jimmyhat49er

  • MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • ***
  • Posts: 4096
Reply #65 on: March 30, 2007, 03:47:33 pm
Quote from: Normmm;228492
I was one of the few to only vote in one contest.  Lefty is the only person I know in any of the matches.


Do you not read other peoples post???  You are allowed to vote for peope you don't know.  In fact the point of this is not to vote for who you know, but vote for whose post you enjoy reading the most.
If your not a 49er club member, NOW is the time to join.


NinerAdvocate

  • Guest
Reply #66 on: March 30, 2007, 03:56:48 pm
Quote from: metro;228505
[edited]

this thread was pretty fun, I actually enjoy sparring with NA, but its officially ruined now I'd say.


I edited the posts. I agree, that was uncalled for. Let's move on.


Chisox17

  • MemberPF
  • Chancellor
  • ******
  • Posts: 10056
    • http://www.ninerreport.com
Reply #67 on: March 30, 2007, 04:01:20 pm
Thank you mods.

OK where were we.. oh yeah, Curtis Nash's mom was calling Metro a racist punk, Adam mills was receiving the Cy Young award, Lefty was calling fans down from the stands to play the final minutes against Metro, and Jimmyhat was b**** slapping Ben Comstock.

Resume the battle.

:thumbsup:
2010 NNN POSTER OF THE YEAR


TheNinerAlchemist

  • Senior
  • **
  • Posts: 2376
Reply #68 on: March 30, 2007, 04:13:11 pm
Quote from: metro;228455
Al,
I remember the genesis of my authority over NA. It was the charlotte.com board, our first board. Curtis Nash our point gaurd was god awful and got railed every day on the board about his play and tats up his neck. So then his mom logs on, and starts calling us racist and telling us how bad Jobey Thomas sucked. Me and a few others put her in her place, and NA and Lefty rushed to her defense- hence the rivalry was born. This is a time honored off season annual passage of rights. A tradition. Pretty soon NA will be so beat up, he'll symbolically take his sand bucket and go home....err rather lock the thread down and he will make the final post and stab. This is like dogwoods blossoming and pollen in the air.

Truly beautiful.  I love rivalries.  Nothing makes sports...er...the Internet more fun than rivalries.  Here's the real question:  What would happen if NA, Lefty, AND metro faced off in a three way battle to the death?  The answer may surprise you.
I turn all things to gold.



survivor45

  • Assistant Coach
  • ***
  • Posts: 4760
Reply #69 on: March 30, 2007, 04:13:13 pm

 
 

.


LeftyNiner

  • Head Coach
  • ****
  • Posts: 6654
Reply #70 on: March 30, 2007, 04:39:56 pm
Wait a second here.  A fight breaks out in the crowd and Metro picks up 2 votes.  What's that all about.  :doh:  Battle ROY-AL.  :hammer: :fastgun: :hammer:


metro

  • Guest
Reply #71 on: March 30, 2007, 05:02:22 pm
Quote from: LeftyNiner;228472
It's kind of like this season where the team struggled, everyone's down and you spend more time here...rubbing it in and gloating over how you were right and everyone else was wrong.


this actually brings up a very valid point, and the one I've made all along. My biggest platforms have been 4 items:  We need football, Judy is a cancer, Winthrop was rising, and the A10 would suck donkey nuts for the program  (all pretty much DOBA).  But, lead by you Lefty, you painted the picture that none of that was true.  So yeah, it felt good to be validated in that way.  (note: this does not mean I root for hoops to fail, which Lefty will argue)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 12:05:47 am by metro »


NinerAdvocate

  • Guest
Reply #72 on: March 30, 2007, 05:05:13 pm
You forgot the biggest two points of your platform:

1. Congratulate self, often, even when unwarranted

2. Demand everyone else do it too, "or else"


LeftyNiner

  • Head Coach
  • ****
  • Posts: 6654
Reply #73 on: March 30, 2007, 05:09:04 pm
Quote from: metro;228542
this actually brings up a very valid point, and the one I've made all along. My biggest platforms have been 3 items:  We need football, Judy is a cancer, Winthrop was rising, and the A10 would suck donkey nuts for the program  (all pretty much DOBA).  But, lead by you Lefty, you painted the picture that none of that was true.  So yeah, it felt good to be validated in that way.  (note: this does not mean I root for hoops to fail, which Lefty will argue)


I saw what NA posted.  Yeah, how does that old saying go?  There may not be an "I" in team....but there is a "Me" in Metro!


metro

  • Guest
Reply #74 on: March 30, 2007, 05:54:28 pm
Quote from: NinerAdvocate;228543


2. Demand everyone else do it too, "or else"


substantiate. document?


 

* Recent Posts

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos