Author Topic: Lost all respect for Utley  (Read 16458 times)

Chisox17

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://www.ninerreport.com
Reply #50 on: November 02, 2008, 05:28:25 pm
Like I said in my last post, to you all that think this was no big deal and have no problem with it, I reeaally hope you all don't have kids and are never planning to. If you do, it wouldn't suprise me if they are snotty back talking brats.

"Go ahead junior, you can say whatever you want! In fact tell your teacher to go F herself if she assigns homework, it's your first amendment right!"
2010 NNN POSTER OF THE YEAR

gamer

• Senior
Reply #51 on: November 02, 2008, 06:21:37 pm
Quote from: earlyniner;355829
gamer.   this is not a political thread.

Sorry, early. With all the expletives, I thought we were talking about politicians.
The greatest boon in the popularity of Chapel Hill sports was the advent of cash registers that automatically figure change.

Jersey Niner32

• Sophomore
Reply #52 on: November 02, 2008, 06:39:10 pm
Quote from: Chisox17;355967
"Go ahead junior, you can say whatever you want! In fact tell your teacher to go F herself if she assigns homework, it's your first amendment right!"

wow that's a horrible over-statement all I said was it is not a big deal b/c he said it to express the collective relief within the city and its players. It's context man...and I don't have a problem with that.
Niner Basketball
-The team that is always one year away (maybe this year will be it? :49ers:)
:49ers:

"Jersey Niner has good taste in one of his professional sports franchises.  He gets my vote."  -Pork Chop

gamer

• Senior
Reply #53 on: November 02, 2008, 07:21:39 pm
Quote from: Chisox17;355834

Gamer and Early, I really hope you all don't have kids.  If you do, I'm sure they're the ones in class being snotty brats that are always mouthing off to the teachers who already get enough crap.  "But my daddy says I can say anything, because of the 1st amendment! So **** you teacher!"

Chisox, you have really been going on about classlessness.  Before you tell anyone how other peoples children act and proclaim to be sure of it, you would be wise to give a thought to showing some class yourself. Running off at the mouth about someones children doesn't just show your ignorance. It can cause bigger problems that saying a cuss word in public.
The greatest boon in the popularity of Chapel Hill sports was the advent of cash registers that automatically figure change.

Pork Chop

• Senior
Reply #54 on: November 02, 2008, 07:23:02 pm
So he made one mistake.  He signs tons of autographs for fans, him and his wife are well known for their philanthropy around town, and he is never demonstrative on the field.  

Metro, the Phillies are champs, and Obama is your next pres--and both are driving you crazy.

GO PHILLIES!!!
"You sir are the greatest poster ever." - NLP

"I don't know if the ban stick is big enough to take the 'Chop man down." - Niner Advocate

"Pork Chop's 'stache deserves its own thread." - Hooner49

Two Millionth Fan at a home 49er basketball game 11/24/2003

Ninerballin

• Assistant Coach
  • checksum
Reply #55 on: November 02, 2008, 07:36:23 pm
This thread can go on and on, so this will most likely be my last post in it.

Watch the video, Utley goes up with a smirk, right before he says it.  It was premeditated and he thought he could get away with it since they just won the WS.

If the Bobcats won the NBA Title or the Panthers won the SB and one of their players pulled that stunt, I'd be offended.

You can excuse it off all day with, "He made a mistake" "It's Philly" "He was probably drunk" or "Kids hear worse at school."  But it doesn't change the fact that he said it.

49timesthelovin

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #56 on: November 02, 2008, 07:36:25 pm
That speech reminded me of the scene in Forrest Gump where the guy shouts, "VIET-F*CKING-NAM!"

Let me add though, I'm not defending Chase's choice of words, but this doesn't make him a bad guy or one that deserves no respect.  If all you know about the guy is that he shouted profanity in front of a lot of people, then I can understand why you would feel that way.  But this isn't the guy's life defining moment.

49erWhit

• Sophomore
Reply #57 on: November 02, 2008, 07:37:14 pm
He also dropped a F-bomb when he was introduced at the All Star game at Yankee stadium after he was booed during introductions.

HEY CHASE- FVCK YOU DICK HEAD

Pork Chop

• Senior
Reply #58 on: November 02, 2008, 07:39:02 pm
Quote from: 49timesthelovin;355982
That speech reminded me of the scene in Forrest Gump where the guy shouts, "VIET-F*CKING-NAM!"

Let me add though, I'm not defending Chase's choice of words, but this doesn't make him a bad guy or one that deserves no respect.  If all you know about the guy is that he shouted profanity in front of a lot of people, then I can understand why you would feel that way.  But this isn't the guy's life defining moment.

Agreed.  Bad choice.  Good guy.  I'd like to think of his defining moment of throwing out Perez at home during game 5B

"I don't know if the ban stick is big enough to take the 'Chop man down." - Niner Advocate

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #59 on: November 02, 2008, 07:44:00 pm
I'm just mad he was dressed like colin farrell.

ShaGGy

• Junior
Reply #60 on: November 02, 2008, 07:50:12 pm
This is one of the biggest problems with society... People overreact to crap that means absolutely nothing.

People are way too touchy about meaningless bull****.

And by the way, how many kids are at Niners' games where there is more hateful crap screamed at refs and players?

Get over it and quit crying...
Eddie Basden... No one can stop him.
<http://www.​youtube.com/​watch?v=DBpD​-Cq4mC8>

49timesthelovin

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #61 on: November 02, 2008, 07:53:14 pm
Quote from: Pork Chop;355985
Agreed. Bad choice. Good guy. I'd like to think of his defining moment of throwing out Perez at home during game 5B

I just have to comment on the picture of Utley holding a puppy in your sig.  And this comment will show how unbiased I am on just about every subject.

He is clearly faking his smile.  And what's worse is that the left side of his face is smiling harder than the right side, which is an indication of a lie.  So, from that picture you could possibly draw the conclusion that Chase Utley hates puppies.

A genuine smile is usually symmetrical.

Pork Chop

• Senior
Reply #62 on: November 02, 2008, 07:54:29 pm
Quote from: 49timesthelovin;355990
I just have to comment on the picture of Utley holding a puppy in your sig.  And this comment will show how unbiased I am on just about every subject.

He is clearly faking his smile.  And what's worse is that the left side of his face is smiling harder than the right side, which is an indication of a lie.  So, from that picture you could possibly draw the conclusion that Chase Utley hates puppies.

A genuine smile is usually symmetrical.

Hard to argue with that.

49timesthelovin

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #63 on: November 02, 2008, 08:06:11 pm
Quote from: Pork Chop;355991
Hard to argue with that.

Look at the girl's smile in the picture. See how even both sides of the face are? That is a real smile.

Chase is a great player, but possibly an a-hole. Every team has one. Chase's alleged a-holeness is completely cancelled out by Shane Victorino, who is one of great guys of the game.

You can just tell how much Shane loves the game. He was the first one out of the dugout to help the grounds' crew in Colorado last year when they lost control of the tarp and I have seen him cheer for a fan who caught a foul ball. He didn't just clap for the guy, he celebrated, throwing his arms in the air and everything. It was hilarious. He's the man.

Pork Chop

• Senior
Reply #64 on: November 02, 2008, 08:19:51 pm
Quote from: 49timesthelovin;355996
Look at the girl's smile in the picture. See how even both sides of the face are? That is a real smile.

Chase is a great player, but possibly an a-hole. Every team has one. Chase's alleged a-holeness is completely cancelled out by Shane Victorino, who is one of great guys of the game.

You can just tell how much Shane loves the game. He was the first one out of the dugout to help the grounds' crew in Colorado last year when they lost control of the tarp and I have seen him cheer for a fan who caught a foul ball. He didn't just clap for the guy, he celebrated, throwing his arms in the air and everything. It was hilarious. He's the man.

puppies.  

I believe that is Jen Utley.  Chase never really smiles.  He's all business.  

Victorino tipped his cap at my friend and me in the outfield at Turner in 07.  The Phillies were up big (of course) and he could hear our yells as the Braves fans were already in their cars.  He was also voted the least funny Phillie alsmot unanimously by his teamates.  Moyer and Howard are supposed to be good guys.

Iron9er

• Senior Captain
Reply #65 on: November 02, 2008, 09:25:30 pm
I was always taught that cursing was cool.
"Congrats. You guys beat our ass last night and it was a pretty pathetic performance on the glass and downlow." - StillJonesing - December 2, 2012.

brentrob55

• Freshman
  • 2007 College of Architecture Grad
    • Brent Robinson Portfolio
Reply #66 on: November 02, 2008, 09:29:20 pm
Quote from: ShaGGy;355989
This is one of the biggest problems with society... People overreact to crap that means absolutely nothing.

People are way too touchy about meaningless bull****.

And by the way, how many kids are at Niners' games where there is more hateful crap screamed at refs and players?

Get over it and quit crying...

Thats what I was just thinking....don't let your kids sit within audible distance of Bobby Lutz.  I always get a kick out of hearing him drop the f bomb when somebody f***s up on the court.  I wonder how many of these people calling Utley classless would say the same about our very own f-bomb protege Bobby Lutz.  I have no problem with it.  This is 2008 for crying out loud...I give it a few more years when the liberals completely take over more than they have and this will be a common occurance on national tv.
brentrobinsonportfolio.com

thelew1014

Reply #67 on: November 02, 2008, 09:33:01 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGDgZGiQufg

Chase should take this to heart...

NSFW!!!

brentrob55

• Freshman
  • 2007 College of Architecture Grad
    • Brent Robinson Portfolio
Reply #68 on: November 02, 2008, 09:36:01 pm
priceless
brentrobinsonportfolio.com

Jersey Niner32

• Sophomore
Reply #69 on: November 02, 2008, 09:38:02 pm
Quote from: thelew1014;356013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGDgZGiQufg

Chase should take this to heart...

NSFW!!!

you realize that you just put up something from the South Park movie (aka the movie that 'bends' the first amendment to its limits) ...Wow talk about contradictory actions man.

I hate talking politics and stuff but man that was too easy.
Niner Basketball
-The team that is always one year away (maybe this year will be it? :49ers:)
:49ers:

"Jersey Niner has good taste in one of his professional sports franchises.  He gets my vote."  -Pork Chop

thelew1014

Reply #70 on: November 02, 2008, 10:39:43 pm
Quote from: Jersey Niner32;356016
you realize that you just put up something from the South Park movie (aka the movie that 'bends' the first amendment to its limits) ...Wow talk about contradictory actions man.

I hate talking politics and stuff but man that was too easy.

Dude... it was a JOKE!

You guys were bad enough before a team actually won something.  Now the overly inflated ego is getting rediculous!

Philly fans: get over yourselves.

Chisox17

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://www.ninerreport.com
Reply #71 on: November 02, 2008, 11:04:41 pm
CHASE UTLEY'S TEAM WINS WORLD SERIES:  Utley: "World ****ING champions!!!"  People say, oh it's no big deal, quit overreacting!

(hypothetical, since this exact situation hasn't happened yet):
ALLEN IVERSON'S TEAM WINS NBA CHAMPIONSHIP:  Iverson: "World ****ING champions!!!"  People say, what a thug!  What a classless ghetto rap loving THUG!

Everyone one you knows I'm right.  Just sayin...
2010 NNN POSTER OF THE YEAR

Universal

• Senior
  • I floss regularly
Reply #72 on: November 02, 2008, 11:05:21 pm
Quote from: thelew1014;356032

Philly fans: get over yourselves.

watch it we boo together, and we stick together
“All that is best in the great poets of all countries is not what is national in them, but what is universal”

Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #73 on: November 02, 2008, 11:41:24 pm
Quote from: Chisox17;356038
CHASE UTLEY'S TEAM WINS WORLD SERIES: Utley: "World ****ING champions!!!" People say, oh it's no big deal, quit overreacting!

(hypothetical, since this exact situation hasn't happened yet):
ALLEN IVERSON'S TEAM WINS NBA CHAMPIONSHIP: Iverson: "World ****ING champions!!!" People say, what a thug! What a classless ghetto rap loving THUG!

Everyone one you knows I'm right. Just sayin...

QFT

Oh and don't forget Chase Utley is the same guy who dropped F bombs on the mic when he was boo'ed at the All-Star game in Yankees Stadium.

Good player, but he comes across like a first class prick.
Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

49or bust

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
    • Name Confusion Log
Reply #74 on: November 03, 2008, 02:22:37 am
I personally don't care. I wouldn't have done it out of respect for the people who for whatever reason still have a problem with these words (racial slurs are the only ones I can understand).

To those who ask why people aren't "classy" anymore, it may just be societal evolution. Elvis Presley was "classless" for gyrating his hips on TV, now those videos are seen as classic and people do a lot more risque stuff in their music videos.

Say NO MORE to our slave name!

"But so many people are so condescending to all things 49ers. Hope Charlotte sticks it to 'em." - Tom Sorensen

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos