Author Topic: Lost all respect for Utley  (Read 16436 times)

Ninerballin

• Assistant Coach
  • checksum
Reply #75 on: November 03, 2008, 07:26:05 am
Quote from: thelew1014;356013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGDgZGiQufg

Chase should take this to heart...

NSFW!!!

Haha, that was GREAT!   Perfect fit.

Reminded me of this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K4EtW2v9P4&feature=related

Again, NSFW

lake49er

• Sophomore
Reply #76 on: November 03, 2008, 08:08:24 am
Quote from: metro;355701
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwOroBj13eE

low class...can you imagine MJ doing this in Chicago?

nsfw

Who cares...

lake49er

• Sophomore
Reply #77 on: November 03, 2008, 08:08:55 am
Quote from: lake49er;356082
Who cares...

what ever

metro

Reply #78 on: November 03, 2008, 08:16:26 am
Quote from: brentrob55;356010
Thats what I was just thinking....don't let your kids sit within audible distance of Bobby Lutz.  I always get a kick out of hearing him drop the f bomb when somebody f***s up on the court.  I wonder how many of these people calling Utley classless would say the same about our very own f-bomb protege Bobby Lutz.  I have no problem with it.  This is 2008 for crying out loud...I give it a few more years when the liberals completely take over more than they have and this will be a common occurance on national tv.

what happens on the field of play is completely different than grabbing a mic to an audience of fans, your analogy has no basis

as for your last sentence...wow.....just wow.  To imply that the further we go into the future, the more apt we are to evolve into talking profane is mind boggling.

metro

Reply #79 on: November 03, 2008, 08:22:28 am
Quote from: 49or bust;356066

To those who ask why people aren't "classy" anymore, it may just be societal evolution. Elvis Presley was "classless" for gyrating his hips on TV, now those videos are seen as classic and people do a lot more risque stuff in their music videos.

more like a society pendulum...I would not call it evolution

brentrob55

• Freshman
  • 2007 College of Architecture Grad
    • Brent Robinson Portfolio
Reply #80 on: November 03, 2008, 08:45:48 am
Quote from: metro;356084
To imply that the further we go into the future, the more apt we are to evolve into talking profane is mind boggling.

I never said that we would evolve into talking profane....but rather its acceptance will become more evident in the future.  We do this with every aspect of life already that people used to think were profane and unfit for tv (example: homosexuality).  Cursing has become more and more widely accepted.  Prime time television has accepted the used of the words damn, hell, b**** and the other night.  The problem is how people put levels on how profane something is.  The f-bomb is no worse than me saying s***....don't allow some and not all.  Afterall its just a word.   For what its worth the most profane word out there is G.D.  but that doesn't seem to stop most people...oh but wait they will bleep out the God part.....go figure.
brentrobinsonportfolio.com

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #81 on: November 03, 2008, 09:00:42 am
Quote from: ShaGGy;355989
This is one of the biggest problems with society... People overreact to crap that means absolutely nothing.

People are way too touchy about meaningless bull****.

And by the way, how many kids are at Niners' games where there is more hateful crap screamed at refs and players?

Get over it and quit crying...

We need a Douche Bag simliey.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 10:42:11 am by s9er »

gamer

• Senior
Reply #82 on: November 03, 2008, 09:04:10 am
This thread probably wouldn't have happened if the Phillies had one or two more fans on the board.
The greatest boon in the popularity of Chapel Hill sports was the advent of cash registers that automatically figure change.

Powerbait

Reply #83 on: November 03, 2008, 09:47:57 am
Hey, if I won a world series, you'd better believe I would be dropping f-bombs.

Chisox17

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://www.ninerreport.com
Reply #84 on: November 03, 2008, 09:56:35 am
Ayone else besides 2002 want to chime in on my Utley/Iverson scenario?

I can't even begin to imagine the storm on here if a NBA player with corn rows and tats did the exact same thing.

Pretty sure some of you who are telling us to quit whining would be angrily leading the charge in that case.
2010 NNN POSTER OF THE YEAR

metro

Reply #85 on: November 03, 2008, 10:01:10 am
Quote from: Chisox17;356119

I can't even begin to imagine the storm on here if a NBA player with corn rows and tats did the exact same thing.

Pretty sure some of you who are telling us to quit whining would be angrily leading the charge in that case.
agree...Utley to me is mere trailer park trash

Chisox17

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #86 on: November 03, 2008, 10:07:21 am
Quote from: metro;356121
agree...Utley to me is mere trailer park trash

Traler park trash.. maybe. To me he seems more like the cocky frat boy who thinks he can mouth off to anyone, and who's parents bought him a $50,000 land rover when he was 15. Everyone knows that type. Either way, he's garbage.

metro

Reply #87 on: November 03, 2008, 10:12:29 am
Quote from: Chisox17;356128
Traler park trash.. maybe.  To me he seems more like the cocky frat boy who thinks he can mouth off to anyone, and who's parents bought him a 50,000 land rover when he was 15.  Everyone knows that type.  Either way, he's garbage.
yeah, he played at UCLA

its just sad...I started to really pay attention to his talent this year- his swing is so sweet.  I don't pull for or against any team, I just watch baseball.  I was becoming a fan of his.  But I can't support him now.

BTW- he pretty much beat out 49er Joey Hammnd for that slot!!  Joey Hammond is a classy dude, that NEVER would of happened.

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #88 on: November 03, 2008, 10:58:10 am
Quote from: Chisox17;356119

Sorry, meant to respond.  It's DOBA, probably would occur if the same type of person was an NFL player too, but def. in the NBA.

Universal

• Senior
  • I floss regularly
Reply #89 on: November 03, 2008, 11:26:03 am
Quote from: lake49er;356083
what ever

You just quoted yourself!
“All that is best in the great poets of all countries is not what is national in them, but what is universal”

Universal

• Senior
  • I floss regularly
Reply #90 on: November 03, 2008, 11:26:36 am
hmm
“All that is best in the great poets of all countries is not what is national in them, but what is universal”

Universal

• Senior
  • I floss regularly
Reply #91 on: November 03, 2008, 11:28:41 am
Quote from: uncommon-niner;356156
You just quoted yourself!

Awesome!

Lyns007

• Walk On
Reply #92 on: November 14, 2008, 12:25:49 pm
Quote from: thelew1014;355901
In Philly, it's not that big of a deal.  That's why the Philly fans don't understand that this was classless.  That's why I mentioned the 5 second delay.  In Philly, nobody cares.  Outside of Philly though, we all understand that this wasn't right.

And yeah... leave the politics out of it.  I'm probably one of the most liberal posters on this board, and I think it was pretty damn bad.

Yeah, I know i never post here. But I just read this discussion and comments like this are unnecessary. You don't know all Philly fans. Sure, some are assholes but guess what, every sports team has its asshole fans. You don't know every single Philly fan and you can't just generalize them like this. Everything you've posted about this comes down to Philly fans and how we don't understand anything or care. I'm sorry, but what Chase Utley said has nothing to do with the Philly fans. How about you talk about the issue of what he said instead of bringing the fans into it? Sure, maybe an article was posted about kids hearing worse in school. Maybe people cheered. So what?  By no means does that mean all Philly fans don't care. Stop bashing us, and in response to your other post about Philly fans getting over themselves, how about YOU get over YOURSELF.
Go Niners!!
:49ers:

gamer

• Senior
Reply #93 on: November 14, 2008, 01:24:20 pm
Yeah, lay off. Didn't you guys see how the Philly fans just sat there dumbfounded when Utley said what he did. Someone could be reading this thread and think Philly fans are rude or something.
The greatest boon in the popularity of Chapel Hill sports was the advent of cash registers that automatically figure change.

ShaGGy

• Junior
Reply #94 on: November 14, 2008, 04:21:46 pm
Quote from: gamer;360062
Yeah, lay off. Didn't you guys see how the Philly fans just sat there dumbfounded when Utley said what he did. Someone could be reading this thread and think Philly fans are rude or something.

Don't be a d*ckhead. Lew was WAY out of line on that one...
Eddie Basden... No one can stop him.
<http://www.​youtube.com/​watch?v=DBpD​-Cq4mC8>

Chisox17

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #95 on: November 14, 2008, 04:50:12 pm
Quote from: gamer;360062

lol I typically disagree with 99% of your posts, but that was great :lmao:

C49er

• Senior
    • http://www.Charlotte49erFootball.com
Reply #96 on: November 14, 2008, 04:54:57 pm
Quote from: Chisox17;360141
lol I typically disagree with 99% of your posts, but that was great :lmao:

Lew may have been wrong to say it, but he certainly didn't change my opinion of Philly fans.

I found this entertaining

Jersey Niner32

• Sophomore
Reply #97 on: November 14, 2008, 05:50:29 pm
Quote from: Lyns007;360025
Yeah, I know i never post here. But I just read this discussion and comments like this are unnecessary. You don't know all Philly fans. Sure, some are assholes but guess what, every sports team has its asshole fans. You don't know every single Philly fan and you can't just generalize them like this. Everything you've posted about this comes down to Philly fans and how we don't understand anything or care. I'm sorry, but what Chase Utley said has nothing to do with the Philly fans. How about you talk about the issue of what he said instead of bringing the fans into it? Sure, maybe an article was posted about kids hearing worse in school. Maybe people cheered. So what?  By no means does that mean all Philly fans don't care. Stop bashing us, and in response to your other post about Philly fans getting over themselves, how about YOU get over YOURSELF.

Although I agree with you as  Philly fan myself (born and raised) it's not going to change people's opinion (like Lew and Chisox who are clearly biased and view Philly fans stereotypically-simple as that.) but this issue really isn't a big deal anymore.
Niner Basketball
-The team that is always one year away (maybe this year will be it? :49ers:)
:49ers:

"Jersey Niner has good taste in one of his professional sports franchises.  He gets my vote."  -Pork Chop

metro

Reply #98 on: November 14, 2008, 06:12:44 pm
Quote from: Jersey Niner32;360152
Although I agree with you as  Philly fan myself (born and raised) it's not going to change people's opinion (like Lew and Chisox who are clearly biased and view Philly fans stereotypically-simple as that.) but this issue really isn't a big deal anymore.

dropping F bombs in a public setting is tastless.  end of story

on the golf course or at the bar with buds?  F- yeah

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos