Author Topic: Bobcats name change?  (Read 72235 times)

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #325 on: December 22, 2013, 03:47:12 pm
Absolutely love it. Looks fierce.

cltniners

Reply #326 on: December 22, 2013, 05:59:17 pm
clt endorses the name change, but refuses to support a Jordan lead team.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #327 on: December 22, 2013, 06:13:56 pm

Bob Johnson better?  George Shinn? Jordan isn't great but he doesn't exactly have to do much to out perform those two.
Mahna Mahna

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #328 on: December 22, 2013, 06:22:50 pm
If they would just bring back Rex Chapman, Kelly Tripucka, Mugsy Bogues, Kurt Rambis, and Dell Curry.  (those are the only 1st year players I remember)

Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

49or bust

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
    • Name Confusion Log
Reply #329 on: December 22, 2013, 06:31:26 pm
That's just silly.

Say NO MORE to our slave name!

"But so many people are so condescending to all things 49ers. Hope Charlotte sticks it to 'em." - Tom Sorensen

cltniners

Reply #330 on: December 22, 2013, 07:39:36 pm

Bob Johnson better?  George Shinn? Jordan isn't great but he doesn't exactly have to do much to out perform those two.

clt says Jordan is an ego maniac who knows nothing about management. too bad that Larry bird wasn't granted the team.

cltniners

Reply #331 on: December 22, 2013, 07:40:27 pm
That's just silly.

clt says Jordan is incompetent. You are silly.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #332 on: December 22, 2013, 07:42:00 pm

clt says Jordan is an ego maniac who knows nothing about management. too bad that Larry bird wasn't granted the team.

Agree - Larry would have been great, but ego maniac and professional team owners kinda goes hand in hand for the most part.  I think MJ has done better the last few years.  If he learns from his mistakes and allows his hired people to do their job then I can give him a pass.
Mahna Mahna

49or bust

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
    • Name Confusion Log
Reply #333 on: December 22, 2013, 09:19:52 pm
That's just silly.
clt says Jordan is incompetent. You are silly.
Our AD is incompetent right? Why do you support the Niners?

But seriously, I can't understand that reasoning, but it's whatever. As long as you have an actual reason. I thought you were saying this because he's a 'heel.

Say NO MORE to our slave name!

"But so many people are so condescending to all things 49ers. Hope Charlotte sticks it to 'em." - Tom Sorensen

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #334 on: December 23, 2013, 09:31:44 am
If they would just bring back Rex Chapman, Kelly Tripucka, Mugsy Bogues, Kurt Rambis, and Dell Curry.  (those are the only 1st year players I remember)

Well, they did!!  At least Rex, Kelly, Mugsy, and Dell for the logo unveiling.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #335 on: December 23, 2013, 09:36:29 am

Agree - Larry would have been great, but ego maniac and professional team owners kinda goes hand in hand for the most part.  I think MJ has done better the last few years.  If he learns from his mistakes and allows his hired people to do their job then I can give him a pass.

The Bobcats have been a train wreck since Day 1. 

I applaud MJ and current staff for actually listening to their fanbase, and making a change.  Crazy concept I know.  They have taken huge steps in this community since getting Bob JohnsonCat out of town.  They have also made some strides on the court as well.  Still a long way to go, but I feel confident the Hornets are going in the right direction.

LoyalNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #336 on: December 23, 2013, 10:56:31 am
I love the new logo.  I'm seeing some people online that are upset that they redesigned the logo but I don't think it would have been smart to use the same exact logo from the 90s.

If the fan excitement around this team stays at this level, I honestly think the Hornets will return to being a playoff team most years. Players who are already here will play harder for their city and Charlotte will become a city that players will more likely consider in free agency.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #337 on: December 23, 2013, 05:14:41 pm

Well, they did!!  At least Rex, Kelly, Mugsy, and Dell for the logo unveiling.

Maybe I should have been keeping up better...............
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos