Author Topic: Who will win the World Series?  (Read 5279 times)

SWOLE49er

• Sophomore
on: October 28, 2009, 09:55:26 am
New York Yankees

or

Philadelphia Phillies
Follow me on Twitter @RobDemetrious

The Lax

• Senior
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 09:56:56 am
Phuck the yanks.

PHILLIES!

Chisox17

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://www.ninerreport.com
Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 10:16:07 am
I hate the Yankees, but I think they will win in six.
2010 NNN POSTER OF THE YEAR

Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 10:20:42 am
Yankees in 6, but I am not biased or anything.
Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 10:43:39 am
Phillies, just because I want to hear the excuses from Yankees fans. They shouldn't have any this year.

Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 10:44:36 am
Quote from: bleedsgreenandgold;439350
Phillies, just because I want to hear the excuses from Yankees fans. They shouldn't have any this year.

Cliff Lee
CC Sabathia

That has to hurt for you.
Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 10:45:39 am
I am just glad that this signals the end of baseball season.
Mahna Mahna

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 10:46:42 am
Quote from: NinerWupAss;439353

Me too. I'm hoping for a 4 game sweep so it ends even quicker.

DanTheNiner

• Walk On
Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 10:46:59 am
Quote from: Charlotte2002;439351
Cliff Lee
CC Sabathia

Being a fan of the indians this hurts me. Farm until you have good product and then trade it away for more prospects...

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 10:57:14 am
Quote from: Charlotte2002;439351
Cliff Lee
CC Sabathia

Not really. Every Indians fan knew it was going to happen eventually. We had our shot in '07. I would say more than anything, it speaks volumes about our farm system. What elite players have come out of the Yankees farm system in the past ten years? Any bets on the over/under how many times they will play Jay-Z's "Empire State of Mind" during the WS?

Chisox17

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://www.ninerreport.com
Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 11:03:00 am

Quote from: Niner National;439355
Me too. I'm hoping for a 4 game sweep so it ends even quicker.

Commies!!
2010 NNN POSTER OF THE YEAR

Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 11:04:29 am
Quote from: bleedsgreenandgold;439366
Not really. Every Indians fan knew it was going to happen eventually. We had our shot in '07. I would say more than anything, it speaks volumes about our farm system. What elite players have come out of the Yankees farm system in the past ten years? Any bets on the over/under how many times they will play Jay-Z's "Empire State of Mind" during the WS?

Robinson Cano is a pretty damn good player.

I would say over 30, I mean Jay-Z is even performing it before Game 1.  When would you ever think a rapper would perform before a baseball game, how times have changed.
Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 12:22:50 pm
Quote from: Chisox17;439369
Commies!!

OK, I know this was in jest, but I have to say even people who love the game don't like seeing it played in November in the Northeast. Hell, I bleed green and I don't like watching the Niners play in Feb.  Rooting against them and their a-hole owner, but Yankees will win IMO

NewYorkNiner

• Walk On
Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 12:24:32 pm
Quote from: Charlotte2002;439371
Robinson Cano is a pretty damn good player.

I would say over 30, I mean Jay-Z is even performing it before Game 1. When would you ever think a rapper would perform before a baseball game, how times have changed.

Cano is a bum!!! Id rather have Pat Kelly or Chuch Knoblach back at 2nd base!

NewYorkNiner

• Walk On
Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 12:25:38 pm

Id expect that answer... what is with your guys' hatred towards baseball? It must be a southern thing

Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 12:28:35 pm
Quote from: NewYorkNiner;439393
Cano is a bum!!! Id rather have Pat Kelly or Chuch Knoblach back at 2nd base!

Do you even watch baseball?
Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

NewYorkNiner

• Walk On
Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 12:32:17 pm
Quote from: Charlotte2002;439396
Do you even watch baseball?

I am a die-hard yankee fan and I am not a Cano fan AT ALL... im sick of his lazy, non shelant plays at 2nd and hit streaky hitting... yes hes come up with SOME timely hits this postseason but costly errors at well.

Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 12:36:05 pm
Quote from: NewYorkNiner;439398
I am a die-hard yankee fan and I am not a Cano fan AT ALL... im sick of his lazy, non shelant plays at 2nd and hit streaky hitting... yes hes come up with SOME timely hits this postseason but costly errors at well.

I agree he plays too cool, but ability wise he is a top 3 2B in baseball right now.

I don't think he is lazy and his defense has been incredible this season.  Also he made a great play on that ball up the middle in the 8th inning of Game 6.

I hate the perception that a guy like Chad Curtis was such a hustler and great team guy, when in fact he was a clubhouse cancer, while a guy like Cano gets ripped when he is good in the club house and is an amazing talent.
Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

Gill2003

Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 12:36:07 pm
The NYY franshise is soo rich, they paid me off to vote in this poll :biggrin:

I really dont think Yanks can lose with the payroll they got. Good luck to both contenders, but the Yanks are like an AllStar team, only they won't be playing another AllStar team...

NewYorkNiner

• Walk On
Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 12:41:47 pm
Quote from: Gill2003;439400

I really dont think Yanks can lose with the payroll they got. Good luck to both contenders, but the Yanks are like an AllStar team, only they won't be playing another AllStar team...

Ya know i was listening to The Herd with Coward earlier this week and he brought up an interesting point.  The reason why teams spend more is because they care more... the yankees, the red sox, the mets, the phillies etc.  And not just in pro sports.  Look the USC's, the Alabama's, and Oklahoma's. They spend the money because the want to (and can afford to) The teams care more because the fans care more.

NewYorkNiner

• Walk On
Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 12:44:08 pm
Quote from: Charlotte2002;439399
I agree he plays too cool, but ability wise he is a top 3 2B in baseball right now.

I don't think he is lazy and his defense has been incredible this season. Also he made a great play on that ball up the middle in the 8th inning of Game 6.

I hate the perception that a guy like Chad Curtis was such a hustler and great team guy, when in fact he was a clubhouse cancer, while a guy like Cano gets ripped when he is good in the club house and is an amazing talent.

Wow, chad curtis... you just brought me back 10 years haha.  I also want to put it out there we would not have won the division without Swisher... not his stats, but his crazy character.

Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 01:03:07 pm
Quote from: Gill2003;439400

From top to bottom the Phillies line up matches up very well with the Yankees line up.

This idea that the Yanks are a team full of free agents, while the Phillies are all home grown is BS.

Both teams have a core of farm system guys, a few guys acquired via trade, and then a few free agents.

The difference in payroll is mainly due to when some of these players signed their contracts.  Arod, Jeter, Rivera, Damon, and Posada all signed during a time where money was flowing like water.  Ibanez would have received much more money if we didn't hit a recession.  Also a guy like Howard doesn't make a ton because he was just arbitration eligible, but once he is able to sign a real contract he will see Teixeira money.  (His current contract bought out his arbitration years).  The Phillies core is similar to the Yankees core back in the late 90s, but the Yanks core didn't get paid until the 2000s.

The Phillies do have more players on their roster that make more than $1 million a year than the Yankees do......
Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

Hooner49

• Senior Captain
  • #namechangenow
    • University Name Change Campaign
Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 01:07:17 pm
Can they both lose?
(08:50:08) The_White_Samurai: 90% of farts that come from a diet such as Hooner's result in bleeding.

(10:25:26) NLP49: Dude, you're not Hooner. Only Hooner is.
(10:25:32) NLP49: And even he doesn't rub it in our faces.

(11:59:07) Charlotte2002: hooner's honesty is admirable

SWOLE49er

• Sophomore
Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 01:57:26 pm
Quote from: bleedsgreenandgold;439366
What players have come out of the Yankees farm system? QUOTE]

Jeter
Mo
Jorge
Petitte
Cano
Melky
Hughes
Joba
Coke
Aceves
Gardner
Robertson
Cervelli
Guzman

14 or the 25 on the World Series roster came from the Yankees farm system.  I can't say anything about the Phillies because I honestly don't know how many of them came from their system...but that's pretty frickin good.  No they are not all household names...but they all significantly contributed this season and postseason.

Yankees in 6...to 27.
Follow me on Twitter @RobDemetrious

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 02:40:19 pm
Quote from: SWOLE49er;439443

Jeter
Mo
Jorge
Petitte
Cano
Melky
Hughes
Joba
Coke
Aceves
Gardner
Robertson
Cervelli
Guzman

14 or the 25 on the World Series roster came from the Yankees farm system.  I can't say anything about the Phillies because I honestly don't know how many of them came from their system...but that's pretty frickin good.  No they are not all household names...but they all significantly contributed this season and postseason.

Yankees in 6...to 27.

Read that again and don't omit the words "elite" or "past ten years", then answer the question. I'll give you Cano but that's it.  Jeter, Jorge, and Petitte were over 10 years ago. Yankees fans can't get mad when someone says "the Yankees buy their teams" but since they run a good business they have the luxury of doing this. Imagine what you guys could do if your farm system was decent....scary.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos