Author Topic: Who will win the World Series?  (Read 5280 times)

SWOLE49er

• Sophomore
Reply #25 on: October 28, 2009, 02:55:14 pm
who said you need elite players to win?  that's the difference in this team compared to the past 9 years...this is a team...a team like in the '90s.  yeah we spend money, but would you and the rest of the haters prefer them to make their money and sit on it...not putting it back on to the team?  if youre not a Yankees, or sox, or phillies, or angels fan...you are probably a little bitter, hypocritical, and do not understand the game of baseball.  oh well...sorry.  better luck next year.
Follow me on Twitter @RobDemetrious

SWOLE49er

• Sophomore
Reply #26 on: October 28, 2009, 03:04:37 pm
jealous too.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #27 on: October 28, 2009, 03:18:35 pm
That's your argument as to why the Yankees farm system sucks? Like I said in my previous post, I don't blame the Yankees for spending their money because that's one of their strengths. If they want to get back to their golden days, they need to scout talent a little better rather than signing everyone through free agency. Get 2002 back in here, at least he can come up with an argument that has valid points.

Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #28 on: October 28, 2009, 03:28:49 pm
Quote from: bleedsgreenandgold;439472
That's your argument as to why the Yankees farm system sucks? Like I said in my previous post, I don't blame the Yankees for spending their money because that's one of their strengths. If they want to get back to their golden days, they need to scout talent a little better rather than signing everyone through free agency. Get 2002 back in here, at least he can come up with an argument that has valid points.

The Yankees farm system isn't that bad.  In the past few years it has brought in Cano, Chamberlain, Hughes, Wang (kind of), Coke, and Roberston.

Cervelli seems like a nice backup as do Gardner and Melky.

The system hasn't pushed out the Jeters, Riveras, Posadas, or Bernie Williams like it once did, but that could be said about any farm system.

The Yankees have some arms and a few major prospects in the minors now including Austin Jackson.

The signing of Mike Mussina changed how they Yankees did things, they mortgaged the future to try to win now.  They spent their money poorly on players past their primes.

Starting with not trading for Johan Santana and signing free agents in the primes, the Yankees have made a full shift from the problems they had in the early to mid 2000s.
Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

Ninercentral

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #29 on: October 28, 2009, 03:31:42 pm
I called the Phillies since the playoffs started... it's gonna happen!

Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #31 on: October 28, 2009, 03:38:46 pm
Quote from: bleedsgreenandgold;439489
Something reading that discusses our arguments:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AtBRvs_4mgAmidx267bVwFQ5nYcB?slug=ti-wsmatchups102609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/12430806

OT - I love reading the comments where people b**** about no salary cap.  These are the same people that b**** saying Obama is turning our country into the USSA.
Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #32 on: October 28, 2009, 03:43:57 pm
Quote from: NewYorkNiner;439405
Ya know i was listening to The Herd with Coward earlier this week and he brought up an interesting point.  The reason why teams spend more is because they care more... the yankees, the red sox, the mets, the phillies etc.  And not just in pro sports.  Look the USC's, the Alabama's, and Oklahoma's. They spend the money because the want to (and can afford to) The teams care more because the fans care more.

Care more about what? Winning?

SWOLE49er

• Sophomore
Reply #33 on: October 28, 2009, 05:42:22 pm
Regardless if youíre a fan of either of these teams, a baseball fan, a sports enthusiast, or all of the above, we MUST join forces to stop one person...TIM MCCARVER.  If you have tuned into a Fox broadcast, he makes it so unbearable to watch and listen...that you either put him on mute or just turn the f'er off.  

Join the facebook group below and letís remove this idiot from the booth for good!

http://www.facebook.com/notifications.php#/group.php?gid=2213496080

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos