Author Topic: World Cup 2018/22  (Read 8749 times)

Ninerballin

• Assistant Coach
  • checksum
Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 01:04:20 pm
FIFA is corrupt.  No coincidence that both countries chosen are both big oil countries.

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #26 on: December 02, 2010, 01:05:20 pm
Here is a list of "Don'ts" for a traveler to Qatar

http://www.qatarvisitor.com/index.php?cID=412&pID=1386

Don't Talk about sex, Israel or religion (at least be sensitive when talking about religion). Note that people may bring up one of these subjects - this may, in rare cases, be an attempt to trap you into saying something you shouldn't.

Don't say you are an atheist.

Don't expose your stomach, your thighs or wear tight clothing that shows off your body.

Don't offer a drink to a Muslim, don't drink in a public/visible place.

Don't initiate a private conversation with a Muslim women. Do not offer to meet a Muslim woman in a private place. Do not initiate a handshake with a person of the opposite sex

Don't take pictures without asking permission first. Don't even stare at women.Do not photograph official buildings without permission.

Do avoid being overly intimate with your spouse in public. Opinions divide on just how much intimacy is allowed, but we have observed some married Qataris holding hands.

That is pretty much Anti-any Latin country (Italy, Spain, etc.).  They're all about affection.  Should be good entertainment.

casstommy

• Head Coach
Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 01:26:24 pm
Sex outside of marriage is illegal too.  Should be a fun time

9erken

• Senior Captain
Reply #28 on: December 02, 2010, 01:34:04 pm
That is pretty much Anti-any Latin country (Italy, Spain, etc.).  They're all about affection.  Should be good entertainment.
Their female fans also tend to show a lot of skin. Wonder if that will be allowed, or will they be forced to cover up?

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #29 on: December 02, 2010, 01:39:43 pm

Technically, it is in many states... but who the hell is going to prosecute that?

49or bust

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
    • Name Confusion Log
Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 02:10:37 pm
ah yea, I didnt even realize Qatar and China are in the same confederation, mostly because no one knows where the f*** Qatar is on a map.
I do.

Say NO MORE to our slave name!

"But so many people are so condescending to all things 49ers. Hope Charlotte sticks it to 'em." - Tom Sorensen

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 02:11:28 pm

Technically, it is in many states... but who the hell is going to prosecute that?
Qatar.

Watch the World Cup make an absolute mockery of Qatari laws/traditions/culture.

I don't really care that Qatar got it, if anyone in the Middle East should get it, it should be them.

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 02:13:59 pm
Obviously Qatar will prosecute that... I meant if you get caught in SC porking some chick you're not getting arrested even if it may be against the law if you're not married.

geeosphere

• Walk On
Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 07:03:04 pm

Chisox17

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://www.ninerreport.com
Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 07:19:28 pm

lol i thought the EXACT same thing.  Cant wait for the hot Brazillian females to show up in their skimpy shorts and sports bras.  Gonna be hilarious to see how that goes over!
2010 NNN POSTER OF THE YEAR

NovaNiner

• Senior
Reply #35 on: December 02, 2010, 08:27:33 pm
What a joke.

wakeniner

• Walk On
Reply #36 on: December 02, 2010, 08:58:45 pm
This thread cracks me up!  We can talk about world cup soccer in this forum, but God forbid someone post news about Michael Jordan.  LMAO!

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #37 on: December 02, 2010, 09:26:58 pm
This thread cracks me up!  We can talk about world cup soccer in this forum, but God forbid someone post news about Michael Jordan.  LMAO!

wow

just... wow.
DUCK FAVIDSON

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #38 on: December 02, 2010, 10:28:31 pm
You've never been off the front page have you?

This is a completely separate forum.

Click the forum button some day (the one beside the home button at the top) and you'll see that everything is broken down into categories.

The front page just shows the last 10 posts on all forums within NinerNation.net, it's not its own forum.

Ninerballin

• Assistant Coach
  • checksum
Reply #39 on: December 02, 2010, 10:33:09 pm

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #40 on: December 03, 2010, 09:47:05 am
Qatar is pretty much in the middle of everything for rest of the world.  So I don't see the location being that big of a deal.  It's kind of similar as to why Dubai has grown so fast, etc. 

As far as the alcohol laws:  Public drunkenness, openly displaying alcohol in public are forbidden. That's pretty much the same in most US cities not named Las Vegas or New Orleans. .

Still sucks they got it over the US though.

cltniners

Reply #41 on: December 03, 2010, 08:45:45 pm
clt saw nothing in the Qatar presentation that covered zeppelin parking.

Chisox17

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://www.ninerreport.com
Reply #42 on: December 03, 2010, 10:54:32 pm

Jesus H. Christ dude.  This is in the "All Other Pro Sports Forum."  For the love of God man it's not that hard.   
2010 NNN POSTER OF THE YEAR

EE9er

• Assistant Coach
"No more excuses, no more apologists, no more anything.... time to win or GTFO. 
NWA - 5/8/13

zerogeneticsdc

• Assistant Coach
Reply #44 on: May 12, 2011, 01:17:16 pm
hmmm

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/6526493/fifa-asks-england-football-association-world-cup-bidding-corruption-evidence

...and suddenly it all begins to make sense! I decided that our lack of necessity to build the next "Birdsnest" stadium was what made our bid lack...
The University of Charlotte? I think so.

Representing Niner Nation on Rocky Top since 2010.

49or bust

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
    • Name Confusion Log
Reply #45 on: May 12, 2011, 03:13:38 pm

Jesus H. Christ dude.  This is in the "All Other Pro Sports Forum."  For the love of God man it's not that hard.
I vote we make this his avatar:

Please please please.

Say NO MORE to our slave name!

"But so many people are so condescending to all things 49ers. Hope Charlotte sticks it to 'em." - Tom Sorensen

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos