Author Topic: Lebrongate continues  (Read 11005 times)

Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #50 on: October 01, 2010, 05:14:16 pm

I'd say the overall talent pool of the NBA is diluted in comparison to past generations due to expansion/international/etc.

Could   James be better then Jordan?  Sure.  At this moment, I don't think he   is, and a bunch of that has to do with his lack of drive (in comparison   with Jordan).  Also, they're 2 different players (position, size, skill   set).

The race card was a b**** move, plain and simple.

This.  Lebron is still a work in progress.  Karl Malone made the NBA finals on a mediocre team.  Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller, Jason Kidd, Allen Iverson.

Kidd and Iverson made the finals on mediocre teams, which was a period of low talent.  That can't be said for the rest.  I mean I wouldn't call a team that won 50-60 games every year and had 2 of the top 50 NBA players of all-time as mediocre.

As for the NBA now, I think the talent level is comparable to the mid to late 80s, it is up to these highly talented guys to continue their high level of play over the next 5 - 10 years like the Barkleys, Drexlers, Malones, etc. did.
Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #51 on: October 01, 2010, 05:30:50 pm

I'd say the overall talent pool of the NBA is diluted in comparison to past generations due to expansion/international/etc.

Could   James be better then Jordan?  Sure.  At this moment, I don't think he   is, and a bunch of that has to do with his lack of drive (in comparison   with Jordan).  Also, they're 2 different players (position, size, skill   set).

The race card was a b**** move, plain and simple.

This.  Lebron is still a work in progress.  Karl Malone made the NBA finals on a mediocre team.  Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller, Jason Kidd, Allen Iverson.

Kidd and Iverson made the finals on mediocre teams, which was a period of low talent.  That can't be said for the rest.  I mean I wouldn't call a team that won 50-60 games every year and had 2 of the top 50 NBA players of all-time as mediocre.

As for the NBA now, I think the talent level is comparable to the mid to late 80s, it is up to these highly talented guys to continue their high level of play over the next 5 - 10 years like the Barkleys, Drexlers, Malones, etc. did.

Cleveland's averaged 50-60 wins and had the most wins in the league last season.  I only used mediocre to decribe the other teams since it was used to describe Cleveland.  I don't think Cleveland was mediocre.  I believe they had 5 all stars on their roster. 

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #52 on: October 01, 2010, 05:35:06 pm
No way is Lebron better than Kobe and Durant both.  I'm inclined to put him at 3rd in that group.
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #53 on: October 01, 2010, 07:04:47 pm
No way is Lebron better than Kobe and Durant both.  I'm inclined to put him at 3rd in that group.

Can Durant win a playoff series before we anoint him?

Thanks.
Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #54 on: October 01, 2010, 07:14:48 pm

Thanks.

Won a gold medal on his own.  That's more than Lebron.  Durant also lost to the eventual champs.  Wow, Lebron can do that too.  Whoopydo!

Lebron does have Durant beat in the teammates running train on mom department.  I will concede that.
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

Powerbait

Reply #55 on: October 01, 2010, 07:16:19 pm

Thanks.

Won a gold medal on his own.  That's more than Lebron.  Durant also lost to the eventual champs.  Wow, Lebron can do that too.  Whoopydo!

You're bred to hate anything Ohio, I get it.  LeBron > Durant and Bryant. 

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #56 on: October 01, 2010, 07:19:23 pm
Durant will be nasty but first I want to see how people defend him this year after Artest put him to work last year.  They will be more physical with him.

I highly doubt anyone is going to win being a lone star on their team, I can't recall any team EVER doing that off the top of my head.  I've never expected him to win a championship by his lonesome, but I also never expected him to start his own "Super Friends" to do it.  My biggest gripe with what he did is that it will start creating teams like this in other cities and dilute the overall product of the NBA by separating the have and have nots, just when I felt the compeition was starting to find some balance between the East and West.

Let's not like his feat of getting to the championship was anything spectacular.  The East was horribly bad that year (beat a degrading Detroit to reach the finals), and the Cavs were absolutely ass raped by the Spurs.

Powerbait

Reply #57 on: October 01, 2010, 07:23:57 pm
Durant will be nasty but first I want to see how people defend him this year after Artest put him to work last year.  They will be more physical with him.

I highly doubt anyone is going to win being a lone star on their team, I can't recall any team EVER doing that off the top of my head.  I've never expected him to win a championship by his lonesome, but I also never expected him to start his own "Super Friends" to do it.  My biggest gripe with what he did is that it will start creating teams like this in other cities and dilute the overall product of the NBA by separating the have and have nots, just when I felt the compeition was starting to find some balance between the East and West.

Let's not like his feat of getting to the championship was anything spectacular.  The East was horribly bad that year (beat a degrading Detroit to reach the finals), and the Cavs were absolutely ass raped by the Spurs.

Oh I agree.  But really, the Celtics had a super group for a long time before LeBron did it.  KG, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce?  Not really that much different from LeBron, DWade and Bosh.  Yeah, Wade and LeBron are better than Allen and Pierce, but KG was better then than Bosh is now.

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #58 on: October 01, 2010, 07:24:15 pm

Thanks.

You're bred to hate anything Ohio, I get it.  LeBron > Durant and Bryant.

Not true.  I love Ochocino.  He's funny.  The whole Lebron attention-whoring and third person referencing is just lame.  If you're not cltniners and  you're talking third person, you're a cheap imitation.  There can be only one.

Powerbait

Reply #59 on: October 01, 2010, 07:25:03 pm
They don't call it Cintucky for nothing. 

Ohiohater.

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #60 on: October 01, 2010, 07:26:01 pm
They don't call it Cintucky for nothing. 

Ohiohater.

Touche.

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #61 on: October 01, 2010, 08:02:23 pm
So where do y'all here all this stuff about LeBron's mom sleeping with the team?  Exactly how many on the team or his personal posse did she sleep with?  You would think he'd get suspicious if his mom hangs out all the time.  Mommas shouldn't be coming with you to team events, & you're really dumb if you get distracted & leave her unattended with guys you know run trains like pro athletes.  "Hey guys, keep my mom distracted while I'm in the back with this girl."
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos