Author Topic: Grant Hill's rebuttal to that idiot Jalen Rose  (Read 8117 times)

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #25 on: March 21, 2011, 11:16:43 am
I finally saw it this weekend.

Overblown.

He and his teammates also said that Duke was soft, and that Laettner and Hill were bitches... until Duke punked them on the floor.

Agreed.  Rose also admitted he was jealous of Hill.  I think the only thing he said, that he probably shouldn't have, was the "Uncle Tom" comment.  I think that's what really led to Hill's rebuttal.

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.

Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #26 on: March 21, 2011, 11:24:09 am
The stuff with Hurley, sorry, those guys ran their mouths to him and he was asked his honest opinion.  He basically said he dropped 26 on them and was 3-0 so he doesn't get what all the talk is about.  I thought his comments were hilarious.

Then they could ask, Bobby how was your NBA career?

Jesus, he was paralyzed in a car accident and almost drowned in a drainage ditch...  I know you don't like Duke but damn.  His brief career was better then King's and Jackson's combined considering.

My bad I thought he was drunk when he crashed for some reason.

I don't hate Duke, I just don't like anyone that isn't the Charlotte 49ers, but it seems like I might be the only one who doesn't have an ACC team.
Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

EE9er

• Assistant Coach
Reply #27 on: March 21, 2011, 11:27:00 am
The stuff with Hurley, sorry, those guys ran their mouths to him and he was asked his honest opinion.  He basically said he dropped 26 on them and was 3-0 so he doesn't get what all the talk is about.  I thought his comments were hilarious.

Jesus, he was paralyzed in a car accident and almost drowned in a drainage ditch...  I know you don't like Duke but damn.  His brief career was better then King's and Jackson's combined considering.

I don't hate Duke, I just don't like anyone that isn't the Charlotte 49ers, but it seems like I might be the only one who doesn't have an ACC team.

But don't you have a Big East team in Rutgers?  :-)
"No more excuses, no more apologists, no more anything.... time to win or GTFO. 
NWA - 5/8/13

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #28 on: March 21, 2011, 11:32:51 am

I forgot that I'm anti-Charlotte 49ers thanks for reminding me.

You're not cool if you don't pick an ACC team, b/c that's exactly what I was thinking when I was young and growing in my appreciation of the sport.  It wasn't what team do I identify with most, like, mimic, it's which basketball team out of the ACC meets all those things.  Thanks for the reminder.

FYI, the guy that hit Hurley was drunk.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 11:34:54 am by CharSFNiners »

Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #29 on: March 21, 2011, 03:24:52 pm

But don't you have a Big East team in Rutgers?  :-)

Only because I have a degree from there.  Trust me hahahaa.
Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

StillJonesing

• Sophomore
Reply #30 on: March 21, 2011, 06:49:22 pm
I finally saw it this weekend.

Overblown.

He and his teammates also said that Duke was soft, and that Laettner and Hill were bitches... until Duke punked them on the floor.

Agreed.  Rose also admitted he was jealous of Hill.  I think the only thing he said, that he probably shouldn't have, was the "Uncle Tom" comment.  I think that's what really led to Hill's rebuttal.

Yep, I really think people need to consider his story and where he was in his life as an 18 year old. He said looked at Grant Hill and "was jealous of him" being from a successful black family with a pro athlete father. Pretty easy to feel that way when Rose never even met his own father who was a star in the NBA, grew up in the hood in Detroit with a single struggling mother. I've since listened to some interviews from Rose about his father and he said he was bitter as a young man but that he let all that go now and holds no ill will. Honestly I was impressed with the 4 guys that were on there. I think they have all grown into successful men outside of basketball as well. 

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 06:51:39 pm by StillJonesing »
You know it

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos