Author Topic: Carolina Panthers Ticket Deal  (Read 16809 times)

Hooner49

• Senior Captain
  • #namechangenow
    • University Name Change Campaign
Reply #50 on: October 29, 2011, 02:41:08 pm
My work buds are stubborn and will be in the same lot as last time. Not sure who else is going though. I think Lew and C-Pip will be there.
(08:50:08) The_White_Samurai: 90% of farts that come from a diet such as Hooner's result in bleeding.

(10:25:26) NLP49: Dude, you're not Hooner. Only Hooner is.
(10:25:32) NLP49: And even he doesn't rub it in our faces.

(11:59:07) Charlotte2002: hooner's honesty is admirable

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #51 on: October 31, 2011, 09:40:40 pm
My work buds are stubborn and will be in the same lot as last time. Not sure who else is going though. I think Lew and C-Pip will be there.

Sorry... I was somewhere else...

DUCK FAVIDSON

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • I used to be arrogant, but now I'm perfect.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
Reply #52 on: October 31, 2011, 11:27:45 pm

Sorry... I was somewhere else...

That looks strangely familiar.

C-Pip's right.  About EVERYTHING.

(11:24:23) stonecoldken: CPip is the Cornbread of Engineers.

49erDrummer

• Junior
  • Cold-Blooded Sausage Maker
Reply #53 on: November 01, 2011, 09:23:48 pm
Looks like I've got quite the group coming.  22 people rolling in.  We're in 509, Rows 26 and 27.  Seats 1-11 of each row.

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #54 on: November 07, 2011, 01:42:04 pm
Apparently the Titans game is sold out, or just our allotment of tickets. If anyone has 2, 3 or 5 of these tickets they'd be willing to sell me please PM me.

jwmann2

• Walk On
    • FromThisSeat.com
Reply #55 on: December 08, 2011, 12:37:50 am
A great deal for fans that may never get to see an NFL game. Take advantage!!!

LugNutX

• Walk On
Reply #56 on: June 25, 2012, 12:28:13 pm
Anyone in "the know" have any insight on whether the school will be sponsoring something again this season?

There's a renewed interest in the Panthers now, so I wouldn't be surprised if tickets are harder to come by this year. My bet is that we won't see this offer, but it never hurts to ask  :(

$20 seats, without having to chance the scalpers, were awesome.

Hooner49

• Senior Captain
  • #namechangenow
Reply #57 on: June 25, 2012, 01:00:52 pm
Anyone in "the know" have any insight on whether the school will be sponsoring something again this season?

There's a renewed interest in the Panthers now, so I wouldn't be surprised if tickets are harder to come by this year. My bet is that we won't see this offer, but it never hurts to ask  :(

$20 seats, without having to chance the scalpers, were awesome.

Yeah there will be more ticket deals this season.
(08:50:08) The_White_Samurai: 90% of farts that come from a diet such as Hooner's result in bleeding.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #58 on: June 25, 2012, 01:32:28 pm
Awesome, looking forward to doing this again.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #59 on: June 25, 2012, 01:42:43 pm

No doubt!  There is still one lot near latta arcade to tailgate in. 
Mahna Mahna

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #60 on: June 25, 2012, 02:19:21 pm

Bet the price on that lot goes way up this year. Several hundred parking spaces were lost this year.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #61 on: June 25, 2012, 02:30:38 pm

Bet the price on that lot goes way up this year. Several hundred parking spaces were lost this year.

Yeah I am curious to see how that goes.  The price went down last year from previous years, but losing a few lots will put price pressure on the ones that are left.  I am all for development but those lots there were some of the most fun tailgating lots around - hate to lose them.
Mahna Mahna

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #62 on: June 25, 2012, 02:58:00 pm

Yeah I am curious to see how that goes.  The price went down last year from previous years, but losing a few lots will put price pressure on the ones that are left.  I am all for development but those lots there were some of the most fun tailgating lots around - hate to lose them.
Several more will disappear soon. The lot at the corner of graham and 3rd/4th will be gone soon. They're constructing a 21 floor apartment complex there. Several developers have also started inquiring about purchasing land around the baseball stadium for apartment construction.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #63 on: June 25, 2012, 02:59:35 pm

Several more will disappear soon. The lot at the corner of graham and 3rd/4th will be gone soon. They're constructing a 21 floor apartment complex there. Several developers have also started inquiring about purchasing land around the baseball stadium for apartment construction.

Yup - great for the city, sucky for 10 days out of the year.  If I were the Panthers I would be looking at lots to buy and hold onto to charge for parking.
Mahna Mahna

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #64 on: June 25, 2012, 03:09:04 pm

Yup - great for the city, sucky for 10 days out of the year.  If I were the Panthers I would be looking at lots to buy and hold onto to charge for parking.
Can only fit 100-150 cars per acre (depending on orientation). With land prices going in that part of uptown going for as much as $4 million per acre, it wouldn't make financial sense for the Panthers to do that unless they planned to build a deck, but that would cost about $10-12,000 more per parking spot with an ROI of > decade.

The city also requires street level retail capabilities in new uptown buildings now, so I can't see the owners being interested.

Tailgating in Uptown in the future will come at a premium. I'm just glad I can walk to the stadium. It's a hell of a walk, but not so bad when you're hammered.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #65 on: June 25, 2012, 03:18:55 pm

Can only fit 100-150 cars per acre (depending on orientation). With land prices going in that part of uptown going for as much as $4 million per acre, it wouldn't make financial sense for the Panthers to do that unless they planned to build a deck, but that would cost about $10-12,000 more per parking spot with an ROI of > decade.

The city also requires street level retail capabilities in new uptown buildings now, so I can't see the owners being interested.

Tailgating in Uptown in the future will come at a premium. I'm just glad I can walk to the stadium. It's a hell of a walk, but not so bad when you're hammered.

I would guess much depends on how the Panthers plan on replacing their current stadium.  They started talks with the city a few years ago - but whatever is happening is quiet because I haven't heard or read squat about it.  Not sure where that stands - but they said average age of a stadium when replaced was 30 years and that is takes about 15 years to build a stadium, from start to finish (acquiring lan, tax deals, etc).  They could easily buy land and clear it - use it for parking until they are ready to build, knock down the current stadium and put parking there.  If they get a similar land deal the second time that they did the first time it's worth it.  They also know that tailgating is an important piece of their experience.  In fact Jerry once said they messed up by not being more active in the parking lots early on.

For me we only tailgate once or twice a year down there.  I much prefer to just take the light rail in and avoid parking all together.  One of the times I am glad I dont live uptown is Panther games and street festivals.  Would have loved it in my younger years.  Would just piss me off now.  Hell I get pissed of at 3,000 people in Belmont for a Friday street concert LOL.
Mahna Mahna

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #66 on: June 25, 2012, 03:31:15 pm

I would guess much depends on how the Panthers plan on replacing their current stadium.  They started talks with the city a few years ago - but whatever is happening is quiet because I haven't heard or read squat about it.  Not sure where that stands - but they said average age of a stadium when replaced was 30 years and that is takes about 15 years to build a stadium, from start to finish (acquiring lan, tax deals, etc).  They could easily buy land and clear it - use it for parking until they are ready to build, knock down the current stadium and put parking there.  If they get a similar land deal the second time that they did the first time it's worth it.  They also know that tailgating is an important piece of their experience.  In fact Jerry once said they messed up by not being more active in the parking lots early on.

For me we only tailgate once or twice a year down there.  I much prefer to just take the light rail in and avoid parking all together.  One of the times I am glad I dont live uptown is Panther games and street festivals.  Would have loved it in my younger years.  Would just piss me off now.  Hell I get pissed of at 3,000 people in Belmont for a Friday street concert LOL.
While much of what you say is accurate, there are no available plots of land in Uptown that are suitable for a new stadium. Their current stadium sits on about 16 acres of land. Nothing that large exists in Uptown. If they build a new stadium, it will definitely be outside of Uptown somewhere.

I personally think they will stay put for a very long time though.

They own their stadium unlike many teams. The Panthers could get more revenue if they'd be more willing to rent the stadium out for events. I'm fairly certain last nights concert was the first concert to have ever taken place at BoA stadium. Do 3 or 4 concerts there each year, 2-3 football games, and occasional international soccer matches and the Panthers can significantly bolster revenue.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #67 on: June 25, 2012, 03:41:07 pm

While much of what you say is accurate, there are no available plots of land in Uptown that are suitable for a new stadium. Their current stadium sits on about 16 acres of land. Nothing that large exists in Uptown. If they build a new stadium, it will definitely be outside of Uptown somewhere.

They own their stadium unlike many teams. The Panthers could get more revenue if they'd be more willing to rent the stadium out for events. I'm fairly certain last nights concert was the first concert to have ever taken place at BoA stadium. Do 3 or 4 concerts there each year, 2-3 football games, and occasional international soccer matches and the Panthers can significantly bolster revenue.

2 years ago they and the city were negotiating with 3 or 4 owners with land inside the loop.  Like I said they never said where that went or stands.  They did say though with a major renovation they could keep BOA for 10-15 past the 30 year time frame.  Will be interesting to see what happens.    I don't see the city letting them leave uptown though. 
Mahna Mahna

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #68 on: June 25, 2012, 04:22:02 pm

2 years ago they and the city were negotiating with 3 or 4 owners with land inside the loop.  Like I said they never said where that went or stands.  They did say though with a major renovation they could keep BOA for 10-15 past the 30 year time frame.  Will be interesting to see what happens.    I don't see the city letting them leave uptown though.
Fairly certain that was for the large parcel of land off of W. Morehead. That land has since been bought by Charlotte Pipe for future expansion for nearly $22 million. They have been putting fencing and landscaping on that land for the last 3-4 months. They will soon be erecting a corporate-looking entrance on the road that cuts through that land.

The only other person in Uptown that owns enough land to field a stadium is Daniel Levine, but he has contracts in place with the city that would cost him a lot of money if he doesn't follow through with plans to develop parks, parking, and commercial/residential structures. He has gotten a lot of tax credits in exchange for these agreements and has already delayed the start several times, so if he abandons the plans and sells the land, he'll owe several years of tax money back.

I feel very confident in saying that the Panthers, if they build a new stadium, will build it outside of uptown.

What I wonder though is what do they do with PSL owners? I think the fact that 66,000 of the 72,000 seats are owned by individuals will make them reconsider building a new stadium any time soon. I still think BoA stadium is in excellent condition and has a great design. I'm not sure the city will ever need more than 72,000 seats.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 04:24:07 pm by Niner National »

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #69 on: June 25, 2012, 04:37:48 pm

The Rolling Stones played there back when it first opened.  That is the only other concert I can remember.  I am guessing they would have to go after big time shows for a venue that size.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #70 on: June 25, 2012, 06:02:25 pm

I feel very confident in saying that the Panthers, if they build a new stadium, will build it outside of uptown.

What I wonder though is what do they do with PSL owners? I think the fact that 66,000 of the 72,000 seats are owned by individuals will make them reconsider building a new stadium any time soon. I still think BoA stadium is in excellent condition and has a great design. I'm not sure the city will ever need more than 72,000 seats.

Good to know about that chunk of land.  I had not seen that. 

Downtown looks way different today than it did in 1980.  Hell where the stadium is now wasn't considered "in town" in 1980.  As the town develops the stadium could find itself out of town today but in town then.  I just don't see the panthers going very far from town. 

Yeah I too wonder what they will do with their PSLs owners.  I wonder if the wording in their contract was for that stadium only.
Mahna Mahna

LugNutX

• Walk On
Reply #71 on: September 10, 2012, 08:20:55 am
Any further news on ticket deals for this season? I feel like the Jacksonville downpou...uhh...game was right around this time.

Hooner49

• Senior Captain
  • #namechangenow
Reply #72 on: September 10, 2012, 09:09:12 am
Not yet.

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #73 on: September 10, 2012, 09:25:15 am
The person in SGA who organized this last year has graduated.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #74 on: September 10, 2012, 09:27:53 am
The person in SGA who organized this last year has graduated.
So does this mean we shouldn't expect this to happen?? :(

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos