Author Topic: Panthers New Logo  (Read 6908 times)

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 01:17:16 pm
Why do you say that?
As Wup said, he basically just wants to make a statement that the NFL is bigger than any one team.  He's said this on a few occasions.

He made that statement very clear with what went down with the 2010 Panthers.

Resentful much?  LOL
Mahna Mahna

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 01:57:24 pm
For the record.. the Panthers needed to blow up what the franchise was at the end of 2009 and start from scratch. One of the youngest teams in the league today trending in a positive direction.

49or bust

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
    • Name Confusion Log
Reply #27 on: February 01, 2012, 01:01:12 am
For the record.. the Panthers needed to blow up what the franchise was at the end of 2009 and start from scratch. One of the youngest teams in the league today trending in a positive direction.
(<SF Niners fan) I recall people saying the second sentence about the Niners 1 and 2 years ago. And the Niners needed an overhaul too. Hopefully the Panthers can soon have the same level of success as this years' Niners.

Say NO MORE to our slave name!

"But so many people are so condescending to all things 49ers. Hope Charlotte sticks it to 'em." - Tom Sorensen

X-49er

• Head Coach
  • Connoisseur of all things Niner
Reply #28 on: February 01, 2012, 07:35:58 am
(<SF Niners fan) I recall people saying the second sentence about the Niners 1 and 2 years ago. And the Niners needed an overhaul too. Hopefully the Panthers can soon have the same level of success as this years' Niners.

San Fran did not make massive personnel changes though, just a coaching staff change.  The offense got better as a result, and an already good defense went to the next level (the no rushing TD's allowed in an entire season is incredible).  Panthers need to get healthy and stay healthy, and add some other missing pieces on the field before they will contend like the Niners did.
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 06:04:13 pm
Some more

49or bust

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
    • Name Confusion Log
Reply #30 on: February 03, 2012, 06:29:29 pm

San Fran did not make massive personnel changes though, just a coaching staff change.  The offense got better as a result, and an already good defense went to the next level (the no rushing TD's allowed in an entire season is incredible).  Panthers need to get healthy and stay healthy, and add some other missing pieces on the field before they will contend like the Niners did.
They did make massive personnel changes. Perhaps I'm including memory from farther back than 1-2 years ago, but they def had a lot of personnel change. The people saying that stuff specifically said the Niners were a young team and going in the right direction.

"But so many people are so condescending to all things 49ers. Hope Charlotte sticks it to 'em." - Tom Sorensen

X-49er

• Head Coach
  • Connoisseur of all things Niner
Reply #31 on: February 03, 2012, 06:46:49 pm

They did make massive personnel changes. Perhaps I'm including memory from farther back than 1-2 years ago, but they def had a lot of personnel change. The people saying that stuff specifically said the Niners were a young team and going in the right direction.

Ownership must not have thought things were going in the right direction, or Singletary would not have been shown the door.  He had the same talent his last two seasons there, but did nothing with it.
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers

49or bust

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
    • Name Confusion Log
Reply #32 on: February 03, 2012, 07:11:42 pm

Ownership must not have thought things were going in the right direction, or Singletary would not have been shown the door.  He had the same talent his last two seasons there, but did nothing with it.
Right direction player-wise, but not coach-wise.

cltniners

Reply #33 on: February 03, 2012, 08:19:56 pm
Some more

clt says to keep brak out of this.

stupid ant.

The_Brown_Samurai

• Chancellor
I know I probably just officially ruffled some feathers

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos