Author Topic: Peyton Manning 2012  (Read 6068 times)

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
on: February 10, 2012, 11:01:26 am
What do you think?  Will he mentor Luck?  Will he go to where he thinks he has the best chance at winning?  Or will he retire?

Poll will run close to the start of the 2012 NFL Draft.

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 11:04:38 am
I say the Cards - not an option on your poll.
Mahna Mahna

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 11:45:19 am

The Cards seem locked in with Kolb.  And they think their back up, Skelton, showed great promise.  The Cards are due to give Kolb a $7 mill bonus on March 17 and he still has 4 years left on his contract.  It's going to be a tough for them find another team interested in Kolb and to know for sure if Manning is ready by 3/17.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 11:49:07 am
Having said that, I reset the poll and added the Cardinals.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 11:53:05 am

The Cards seem locked in with Kolb.  And they think their back up, Skelton, showed great promise.  The Cards are due to give Kolb a $7 mill bonus on March 17 and he still has 4 years left on his contract.  It's going to be a tough for them find another team interested in Kolb and to know for sure if Manning is ready by 3/17.

Yeah certainly a challenge with what they gave up for Kolb and the $.  Just seems like a good fit though.  Peyton to LF - NASTY.
Mahna Mahna

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 11:58:01 am
Yeah, LF probably liked playing with Cam too.  The pro bowl game was probably torture for LF.

I imagine the possibilities of a Manning and Marshall match up for a few seasons.   :o

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:30:11 pm by Mr. Bojangles »

X-49er

• Head Coach
  • Connoisseur of all things Niner
Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 01:08:48 pm
You left off the 49ers.  There is talk of them trading/not signing Alex Smith and going after Manning if he's released by the Colts.  That defense coupled with Manning running the offense would be nasty. 
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers

cltniners

Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 01:25:14 pm
clt bets that he will play with TO in the IFL.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 03:14:39 pm
You left off the 49ers.  There is talk of them trading/not signing Alex Smith and going after Manning if he's released by the Colts.  That defense coupled with Manning running the offense would be nasty.

You can never be certain of anything, but Harbaugh said just yesterday that Alex Smith is their guy.  I think the comment was definitely in response to whether or not they would go after Manning.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/02/49ers-coach-jim-harbaugh-alex-smith-is-our-guy/1

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 04:08:39 pm
i am a huge niners fan...Harbaugh has said multiple times Smith is going to be QB.

cltniners

Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 06:28:12 pm
i am a huge niners fan...Harbaugh has said multiple times Smith is going to be QB.

clt says welcome to the board. you apparently are not a huge niners fan. coach lambert, not harbaugh.

X-49er

• Head Coach
Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 08:16:05 pm

You can never be certain of anything, but Harbaugh said just yesterday that Alex Smith is their guy.  I think the comment was definitely in response to whether or not they would go after Manning.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/02/49ers-coach-jim-harbaugh-alex-smith-is-our-guy/1

I would say the same thing until I knew Peyton was available.
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 12:03:38 pm
Indy's out.  Actually surprised it only got one vote in the poll.

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 12:38:29 pm
IDGAF

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 02:54:32 pm
IDGAF

Ok.  Thanks for the feedback.   ;)

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 05:43:52 pm
I was very proud that not 1 post or thread about this topic was made yesterday. Go NINERS!

X-49er

• Head Coach
Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 05:53:18 pm
I was very proud that not 1 post or thread about this topic was made yesterday. Go NINERS!

To those that have paid any attention, there wasn't any new news yesterday.  Only the Mothership tried to make you think it was breaking news.  Now, the news is going to be in about a week when he decides where he's going.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 12:03:09 am

Should we get rid of the NFL forum on the board?

If your issue is with ESPN, I agree, they can run things into the ground.  But I do find the story of where Manning, perhaps the best QB ever, plays next interesting.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 11:24:08 am

Looks like I should have included the 49ers.  Lol.  What a dirty business.  However, the interesting thing is that both Manning and Smith have the same agent.  Why just have Manning sign when he could possibly move Smith too.  Get paid twice, instead of just once.

X-49er

• Head Coach
Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 11:34:04 am

Looks like I should have included the 49ers.  Lol.  What a dirty business.  However, the interesting thing is that both Manning and Smith have the same agent.  Why just have Manning sign when he could possibly move Smith too.  Get paid twice, instead of just once.

Didn't find out until recently that they had the same agent.  That probably nixed the possibility right there.

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 11:42:30 am
As a Niner fan, I don't see either QB as the solution.  Having said that, Manning at 90% is better then Smith all day, so I'd take that, but they need to be looking for the next great QB over the next year or two to draft.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 12:03:08 pm

EE9er

• Assistant Coach
Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 12:11:02 pm
Wow! Love or hate Tebow he get's a raw deal no matter what he does.

Thanks for getting us to the second round of the playoffs Tebow.. see you later..

I would not be suprised if this bites Denver in the a$$..
"No more excuses, no more apologists, no more anything.... time to win or GTFO. 
NWA - 5/8/13

X-49er

• Head Coach
Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 12:31:31 pm
Wow! Love or hate Tebow he get's a raw deal no matter what he does.

Thanks for getting us to the second round of the playoffs Tebow.. see you later..

I would not be suprised if this bites Denver in the a$$..

Sweet deal for Denver if this works out.  You get one of the best QB's of all time, possibly draft an under-the-radar QB to tutor under Manning, and trade your overrated QB while his stock is at its highest.  Win-win.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos