Author Topic: Derrio Green out  (Read 6968 times)

49rDie

• Walk On
on: February 22, 2012, 01:24:00 pm
Derrio Green has quit the team per my sources. Did not travel to richmond last week. Will remain in school

HighFlying49er

• Sophomore
  • BSCE 2004, FSL Owner
Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 01:25:10 pm
Derrio Green has quit the team per my sources. Did not travel to richmond last week. Will remain in school

WTF?

J Feet

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
  • Here, hold my beer. But not you, Julio.
    • Niner Fans United
Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 01:25:11 pm

I thought he looked pretty useless out there against Richmond. Now I know why. He wasn't even there!
This signature is small because I'm not a jerk.

Fire Scotty!!!

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 01:25:51 pm
Derrio played at Richmond.

hootie

• Assistant Coach
Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 01:26:54 pm
I don't blame him- he has nothing to gain by staying on the team.

He's obviously done and it's a lot of friggin' work to ride the pine.
[UNC-CH] is a turd floating in the punch bowl. - Gregg Doyel 9/7/10

Iron9er

• Senior Captain
Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 01:27:10 pm

I thought he looked pretty useless out there against Richmond. Now I know why. He wasn't even there!

LOL, I thought the same thing. 

Hopefully, he didn't quit.  I like Derrio, and its pointless to quit when the season is almost done, anyways,  Wanted to cheer for him at senior day.  But, I'd understand either way.  Good luck to whatever you do, Derrio!
"Congrats. You guys beat our ass last night and it was a pretty pathetic performance on the glass and downlow." - StillJonesing - December 2, 2012.

Powerbait

Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 01:28:01 pm
This is great. 

Didn't travel to a game he played in.  Might be the worst rumor thread ever.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 01:33:19 pm
This is great. 

Didn't travel to a game he played in.  Might be the worst rumor thread ever.

My sources say that Derrio's jump shot quit the team 11-11-11.
Mahna Mahna

49rDie

• Walk On
Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 01:39:52 pm
he has quit .. wont be suited tonight

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 01:41:25 pm
My source tells me that 49rDie is a pot-stirring fool.
DUCK FAVIDSON

49rDie

• Walk On
Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 01:43:34 pm
ull see

Max Power

• Assistant Coach
Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 02:14:21 pm
Wouldn't surprise me at all... We'll find out tonight I guess. Would be a real shame IMO... not the most talented guy we've ever had, but he did lead us to some wins when he got hot. Seemed like a nice guy whenever he was interviewed. Not sure what happened, but he obviously found his way onto Major's s*** list.

Powerbait

Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 02:17:49 pm
Wouldn't surprise me at all... We'll find out tonight I guess. Would be a real shame IMO... not the most talented guy we've ever had, but he did lead us to some wins when he got hot. Seemed like a nice guy whenever he was interviewed. Not sure what happened, but he obviously found his way onto Major's s*** list.

I think the only thing that happened is we got equal production out of a freshman, so why bother playing a senior when the freshman is playing around the same level.

Max Power

• Assistant Coach
Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 02:24:44 pm
I don't know... fresh legs, change of pace. We were short handed a couple of times and Derrio still didn't play. Not like we're lighting it up or anything... we're 3-8 in our last 11 games. He is streaky, but I think he can still contribute if given a chance.

Powerbait

Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 02:28:16 pm
I'm not saying I wanted Derrio benched like that.  I really like Derrio a lot. 

But, he was given an opportunity to succeed and I can see how a coach would feel like that opportunity is now better used on someone who will be here 3 more years.

Max Power

• Assistant Coach
Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 02:33:15 pm
Sure, I agree with that. I still think Derrio could have been a decent off the bench guy. 5-10 mins a game if nothing else. I don't think his play warranted the complete outcast status Major seemed to place on him.. especially as much as we've been losing. Just makes me wonder if something else happened between them

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 02:46:44 pm
Like I said before, you shouldn't play favorites & treat someone like crap.  If Major wants loyalty to his zoning out people, then you have to win.  You lose, then you can't justify rudeness.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

dmastinsc

• Freshman
Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 02:46:52 pm
In no way, pre-team violation where he didn't start, did he and Williams provide the same impact.  The stats do not show that AT ALL (outside rebounding).  If anything, Major decided that if he was going to give up defense in order to have some more offense, he would go with Briscoe and then let Williams get the back-up minutes to gain experience and provide some size on defense and the boards.

Up till the team-violation, Derrio was still averaging more than 20 minutes and 7.3 points per game...he was clearly out-performing Williams on the offensive end...he just landed in the doghouse and decided not to do what he had to do to get out.  I feel it is probably all on Derrio, just sad because while he wasn't an amazing player or anything, he was still very serviceable depending on his level of effort on defense.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 02:48:18 pm
I've heard there is no story here, we'll find out in a few hours.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 02:48:36 pm
So everyone is wearing Derrio Green shirts for the game tonight?  :p

Powerbait

Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 02:50:35 pm
Derrio takes a lot more shots when he is in than TWill does.  Same with Briscoe.  Neither one is scoring very effectively.

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 02:51:58 pm
He wasn't 3rd team all conference in some preseason publications for no reason
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 02:52:28 pm
If only preseason awards meant something.

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 02:55:49 pm
He wasn't 3rd team all conference in some preseason publications for no reason

Lutz won 19 games.
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

Chisox17

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://www.ninerreport.com
Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 03:02:08 pm
What is an "ull", and does 49erDie get banned when this all turns out to be a false rumor?
2010 NNN POSTER OF THE YEAR

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos