Author Topic: Cycling BS  (Read 4497 times)

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
on: June 28, 2012, 11:15:59 am
The ICU is investigating rider Leonardo Bertagnolli for doping even though he has yet to fail a test?  His blood values have changed over the years, so they're suspicious.  Yeah, God forbid your body chemistry changes, or you're a cheat.  If you didn't fail a test, this is BS.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 11:26:29 am
The ICU is investigating rider Leonardo Bertagnolli for doping even though he has yet to fail a test?  His blood values have changed over the years, so they're suspicious.  Yeah, God forbid your body chemistry changes, or you're a cheat.  If you didn't fail a test, this is BS.

Lance Armstong has never failed a drug test.  Doesn't mean he never took drugs.  Same here with this Bertagnolli fellow I suppose.

X-49er

• Head Coach
  • Connoisseur of all things Niner
Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 12:44:33 pm
Armstrong was a Balco client during his Tour de France winning streak.  Their other clients include(d) Barry Bonds, Marion Jones, and the recently suspended outfielder, Marlon Byrd.  Armstrong was drug free, though.  ::)
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 08:51:47 pm
Bonds never failed a test.  Jones, Clemens, Bonds, & Armstron were victims of the DOJ wasting taxpayer $.  Even if Lance were guilty, without a positive, you got nothing.

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 09:18:24 pm
Bonds never failed a test.  Jones, Clemens, Bonds, & Armstron were victims of the DOJ wasting taxpayer $.  Even if Lance were guilty, without a positive, you got nothing.

It was discussed on sports radio last week....it was in a report released during the Bonds trial that he did in fact fail 4 tests in 4 years and was facing suspension when everything started going down with the investigation.

AND....Lance isn't fighting the case because there are DOZENS of first hand witnesses prepared to testify against him during the upcoming case were he to fight it.  So, instead of having the public see and hear all of that testimony...he suddenly decides not to fight anymore!!

AND...Clemons wants to make his comeback now so he can play just one game in the Majors again.  Why?  So his HOF ballot is pushed out 5 more years.  He hopes to distance himself from the others (cheaters) in the same era....and is banking on time (5yrs) to lessen the memory and impact of what came out during his trial aws well.

Where there is smoke...there is fire.  They all had serious smoke. Every single one of them cheated and there is no doubt and I have no sympathy for any of them.  They rolled the dice and won for a while....but they all eventually crapped out.

So is life when you gamble....they all gambled and eventually lost.

Deal with it.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

X-49er

• Head Coach
Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 09:38:45 pm

Name a Balco client that did test positive?  That was the entire purpose of that company: TO KEEP THEIR CLIENTS FROM TESTING POSITIVE.  Victor Contes has said that in many interviews, before and after prison.  Marion confessed, Bonds used even though he denies knowingly taking it (what a joke), and Lance was outed by Landis and NUMEROUS other eye witnesses.  You can order one of the new cheatstrong.org bracelets though if you want to keep denying what was really going on.
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 10:30:15 pm

Name a Balco client that did test positive?  That was the entire purpose of that company: TO KEEP THEIR CLIENTS FROM TESTING POSITIVE.  Victor Contes has said that in many interviews, before and after prison.  Marion confessed, Bonds used even though he denies knowingly taking it (what a joke), and Lance was outed by Landis and NUMEROUS other eye witnesses.  You can order one of the new cheatstrong.org bracelets though if you want to keep denying what was really going on.

I get what you are saying - I just don't see much of a point at going after guys that aren't active anymore.  He is retired.  Just let it go.
Mahna Mahna

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 10:42:14 pm
What about cancer patients that need a hero so they can believe they'll survive?  If you prove that Lance is a fraud, how many cancer patients will give up?  What's more important, finding the truth or inspiring cancer patients?

X-49er

• Head Coach
Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 06:47:43 am
What about cancer patients that need a hero so they can believe they'll survive?  If you prove that Lance is a fraud, how many cancer patients will give up?  What's more important, finding the truth or inspiring cancer patients?

He's not a hero.  He CHEATED!!!  He IS a fraud.  Anyone that believed otherwise once all of the info about Balco surfaced along with the eyewitness info that Floyd Landis and other former teammates provided was simply turning a blind eye towards reality.  Heroes don't cheat.  Yes it's in the past, but Lance made and raised TONS of money by CHEATING.   He doesn't raise 1% of that money if he doesn't CHEAT. 

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 07:09:41 am
He raised almost a half a billion dollars for cancer research. He's a hero in my book. Everything else is just details.
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 09:15:35 am
This really just changes the entire climatic speech to Vince Vaughn in Dodgeball.

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 09:38:44 am
So X-49er doesn't want to inspire Cancer patients to overcome.  I guess you are as heartless to death as the USDOJ & USADA.   :'(

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 10:38:05 am
Dude cheated and got busted.  There was actually an increase in donations to LiveStrong the day the news broke.  If anything eventually happens to LiveStrong it's all on Lance since he's the one that created the mess. 

X-49er

• Head Coach
Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 10:39:04 am
Quote from: stonecoldken
So X-49er doesn't want to inspire Cancer patients to overcome.  I guess you are as heartless to death as the USDOJ & USADA

Jerry Sandusky raised a lot of money for charity, too.  I guess it's just a matter of where the line is for your moral compass. :-X

Universal

• Senior
  • I floss regularly
Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 10:39:57 am
I thought Livestrong was a FOR profit association. If that is the case, those donations could be better used in other areas.
“All that is best in the great poets of all countries is not what is national in them, but what is universal”

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 11:03:43 am
Yeah X because doing something to your self vs. doing something to kids is the same thing.

America has spoken.  Donations up Friday to Livestrong.  How are donations to USADA?

X-49er

• Head Coach
Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 11:12:05 am
Yeah X because doing something to your self vs. doing something to kids is the same thing.

They both broke the law in raising money for their charities.  Of course Sandusky's crimes are much more horrific, but the principal is the same.

America has spoken.  Donations up Friday to Livestrong.  How are donations to USADA?

These are just the loyal Lance lemmings who believe that he can do no wrong.  Sandusky had some followers like that too until the light was finally shown.

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 01:48:42 pm
From an athletic standpoint he's 100% fraudulent

From a humanitarian standpoint he is 100% legit

Quite the juxtaposition
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:58:25 pm by s9er »

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 08:14:14 pm
You are comparing Lance Armstrong to Jerry Sandusky.

I just wanted you to read that in plain, simple text.
DUCK FAVIDSON

X-49er

• Head Coach
Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 10:20:57 pm
You are comparing Lance Armstrong to Jerry Sandusky.

I just wanted you to read that in plain, simple text.

Yes, I did Aristotle.  Glad you caught on to that.

casstommy

• Head Coach
Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 10:31:17 pm
He raised almost a half a billion dollars for cancer research. He's a hero in my book. Everything else is just details.

This

If injecting some hormones into your body and peddling a bike really fast leads to half a billion dollars going to save peoples lives, I say pass the needle.

Human lives are always going to trump some stupid game/competition. 

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 10:39:37 pm
Cycling as a sport is dirty - it seems like 2/3 of the field is under suspicion of doping.  So as far as I am concerned Armstrong was just better at cheating than everyone else.  I don't think he really had an unfair advantage as most of them dope anyway.

As has already been mentioned on top of that the dude has done tremendous good with his fund raising for cancer research. 

Go after some current cyclists - the man made it through his riding days without testing positive and then raised a s*** ton of money for an awful disease.  Let the dude go.
Mahna Mahna

X-49er

• Head Coach
Reply #22 on: August 27, 2012, 11:04:55 pm
I'm not letting it go.  He didn't test positive because he had a team of doctors to help him not to test positive.  That makes him a good cheater, but still a cheater. 

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 09:09:41 am
You can't convict without a test.  Sucks to have no moral standing, X.

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 09:12:02 am
I'm not letting it go.  He didn't test positive because he had a team of doctors to help him not to test positive.  That makes him a good cheater, but still a cheater.

Yeah, I always laughed at the "he hasn't tested positive" line.  Just because one doesn't test positive doesn't necessarily mean one didn't cheat.  People have been beating drug tests for decades. 

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos