Author Topic: ECU/SJ filibuster  (Read 57114 times)

jfickett

on: December 01, 2012, 09:02:58 pm
Where is your god?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

NO but seriously...it was never even close.  9 points?  That was the as close as it got?  Yeah.  Badness.  Enjoy your 0-16 BigEast record. 

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 09:07:13 pm by jfickett »

Dowless

Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 09:07:37 pm
Held them to 25% shooting 3's and out rebounded them 45 to 21.  Game was never in question.  Next

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 09:08:30 pm
Where is your god?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

NO but seriously...it was never even close.  9 points?  That was the as close as it got?  Yeah.  Badness.  Enjoy your 0-16 Big South record.

FTFY
DUCK FAVIDSON

Powerbait

Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 09:08:59 pm
This is the first game this year where I have been disappointed with our play.  I will chalk it up to a week lay off, but we were sloppy and played out of control regularly.

We should have won this game by at least 25.  I recognize that we dominated them wire to wire, but we really just let an awful team stay within 15 points of us.  EZU wouldn't finish in the top 15 of the A-10 this year.

dmastinsc

• Freshman
Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 09:09:55 pm
Pirates Got PUNKED!

If ECU is competing for a tourney spot, we are competing for the national championship.

Basden05

• Junior
Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 09:10:22 pm
How are you going to spin this one SJ?

ECU stinks. All they do is hoist up three after three. Keep telling us how good Bowden and Richmond are please. They contribute nothing at all.

We own you once again
2009 NNNIT Champion

jfickett

Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 09:10:42 pm
This is the first game this year where I have been disappointed with our play.  I will chalk it up to a week lay off, but we were sloppy and played out of control regularly.

We should have won this game by at least 25.  I recognize that we dominated them wire to wire, but we really just let an awful team stay within 15 points of us.  EZU wouldn't finish in the top 15 of the A-10 this year.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOOLOL

zepandragefan

• Walk On
Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 09:14:14 pm
I really just wish we didn't leave so many points at the free throw line.

J Feet

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
  • Here, hold my beer. But not you, Julio.
    • Niner Fans United
Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 09:14:17 pm
Never in doubt. But we should've won by 20+. Got sloppy for the last seven minutes or so. Clean it up before Davidson.

7-0 is fantastic though.
This signature is small because I'm not a jerk.

Fire Scotty!!!

jfickett

Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 09:15:45 pm
7. and. 0.

Powerbait

Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 09:17:25 pm

Yeah and the turnovers.  We dominated them in every facet, but the score is closer than the game. 

We also need to learn how to defend without fouling when games are called tight.  I think AM did a great job with adjustments but our guys were fouling shooters left and right.  They had so many and ones that should have never happened.  Gotta play smarter, if this were a good team it would have been a struggle to pull out the win tonight.

Universal

• Senior
  • I floss regularly
Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 09:18:09 pm

Are you saying they might be able to beat Fordham?
“All that is best in the great poets of all countries is not what is national in them, but what is universal”

Ninerballin

• Assistant Coach
  • checksum
Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 09:19:28 pm
As one poster said on ECU Board, Lebo will have them ready come tournament time.   :p

7-0!  Duck Favidson!

Powerbait

Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 09:19:56 pm
[size=78%]Are you saying they might be able to beat Fordham?[/size]

Yes, but it would be a dogfight.

zepandragefan

• Walk On
Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 09:23:28 pm

Yeah and the turnovers.  We dominated them in every facet, but the score is closer than the game. 

We also need to learn how to defend without fouling when games are called tight.  I think AM did a great job with adjustments but our guys were fouling shooters left and right.  They had so many and ones that should have never happened.  Gotta play smarter, if this were a good team it would have been a struggle to pull out the win tonight.

Score was much closer than the game, in part because the refs were fickle. On a side note, I would like to have seen Thorne get some more playing time in the second half.

Timo99

• Freshman
Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 09:29:43 pm
As one poster said on ECU Board, Lebo will have them ready come tournament time.   :p

7-0!  Duck Favidson!

lololololololololololol

MKNiner

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
  • Admin Emeritus
Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 09:39:39 pm

7-0!  Duck Favidson!

Yep.  Lebo always coaches for the CIT.
"The 49ers did it. They said they would start a football program and they did. People said they couldn’t; lots of them, mostly outsiders. The 49ers ignored them. This – the first spring game in the history of the school – proves it."

Hal Jordan

• Freshman
Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 09:44:35 pm
Well looks we under performed against ezu. We should have blown them out by a lot more.
Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever.

NinerAdvocate

Reply #18 on: December 01, 2012, 09:44:59 pm
Bowden had ZERO points.

Guillemot or whatever his name is was complete garbage.

Our D was the sloppiest its been since before Alaska - we gambled a lot on steals and gave up some easy looks.

Even for an admittedly bad outside shooting team, we had a rough night outside the arc. Had several balls go halfway in and kick out.

But the game was never in doubt. ALl of that trash talking by SJ for nothing.

Oh, and BTW, I love how our guys play as a team. It's a joy to watch.

jfickett

Reply #19 on: December 01, 2012, 09:46:34 pm
To think........I was ever concerned about the outcome of this game.   

MKNiner

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
  • Admin Emeritus
Reply #20 on: December 01, 2012, 09:47:28 pm
Can't believe we let Bowden get away.  Really huge loss for us. 
"The 49ers did it. They said they would start a football program and they did. People said they couldn’t; lots of them, mostly outsiders. The 49ers ignored them. This – the first spring game in the history of the school – proves it."

-Charlotte49ers-

• Freshman
Reply #21 on: December 01, 2012, 09:49:31 pm
It was nice to meet some people at the tailgate and sit in the real fan section. I know where I'm sitting for the rest of the season. NWA had the best shout of the night when he said, "LEBO! This is what happens when you schedule real teams."

This is the first time in years that I've actually been confident in this team. There are a lot of things we need to clean up, but I'm overall happy with this squad. Especially considering how young they are minus Bras. The defensive toughness is fun to watch. Refs used our physicality as a way to keep game closer though.

This team finally has "athleticism." I know that is such a general term, but it's a great change of pace from years past when when played at a tempo beyond our ability, giving up a lot of turnovers, and we couldn't take it to the rim. We finally have scorers and don't have to rely on a Leemire, or Anderson to shoot 3s, or a Braswell to be our only big scorer.

jfickett

Reply #22 on: December 01, 2012, 09:51:28 pm
we made one 3 point field goal and won.   

one word.   TOUGHNESS.

that is all.

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #23 on: December 01, 2012, 09:51:39 pm
We are a team of athletic guys who can slash and finish at the rim. The difference between this team and of teams of the past is huge! How many points out of the paint did we have?

We would say some years that we were deep...this team would put those teams to shame. We can sub and have NO drop in production. That's the BIGGEST change I think.

I hated how the refs tried to control the game with their ticky tac fouls.

I would of like to see a couple plays for Benny to get some 3s after he made that one. His biggest weekness is creating space. I'd also like to see Ingram take at least one 3 early on.

Hell of a game. Love watching this team play. Everyone is driving hard and finishing at the rim.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 09:58:31 pm
Major stated in postgame that ECU is a very good basketball team. I respectfully disagree.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos