Author Topic: NFL Playoffs  (Read 12743 times)

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 07:34:15 pm
How was the first half officiating abysmal? The first penalty was a good call. If Whitner would have drilled Smith in that same situation all Panther fans would have been looking for that flag.

The next penalty was Luke (Really Blackburn) for holding Boldin. Clear as day on the replay.

Captain penalty? That was weak.

Next penalty, PI in the end zone. Again, you don't turn your head...you get PI called 9/10 times.

--Those are the penalties in the first half. That is not abysmal. One bad call. The headbutt. Which happened after a first down run making in 2nd and 6. It wasn't like it was 3rd and 10 and that was called.

The first call was dog s***.. That's football.

The captain penalty I'm fine with, but call the same thing on Boldin. The didn't

That last drive before half was crap. Had 12 men in the huddle, not called.. The pi was weak, the line judge waited 5 seconds to make the call. It was a horribly thrown ball.

But that was all inconsequential based on the 2nd half domination..
SF fans are still twats

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 07:53:49 pm
SF fans are still twats

That says all I need to know.

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 08:10:02 pm
SF fans are still twats

Between being in San Fran for 4 Sundays worth of games this year and the those in the visitors section today I've seen enough 9er fans I'd say if you were a cool 49ers fan, you are the exception to the rule.

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #28 on: January 12, 2014, 10:11:31 pm
SF fans are still twats

Between being in San Fran for 4 Sundays worth of games this year and the those in the visitors section today I've seen enough 9er fans I'd say if you were a cool 49ers fan, you are the exception to the rule.

I am the exception. We can talk about poops tomorrow.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #29 on: January 12, 2014, 10:15:29 pm
49er fans are the worst.
#bus1

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 10:17:20 pm

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #31 on: January 12, 2014, 10:17:29 pm
49er fans are the worst.

Cowboys fans are an ingrown hair on the asshole of society.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 10:08:31 am
How was the first half officiating abysmal? The first penalty was a good call. If Whitner would have drilled Smith in that same situation all Panther fans would have been looking for that flag.

The next penalty was Luke (Really Blackburn) for holding Boldin. Clear as day on the replay.

Captain penalty? That was weak.

Next penalty, PI in the end zone. Again, you don't turn your head...you get PI called 9/10 times.

--Those are the penalties in the first half. That is not abysmal. One bad call. The headbutt. Which happened after a first down run making in 2nd and 6. It wasn't like it was 3rd and 10 and that was called.
Hahaha...........the late hit call on Mitchell was HORRIBLE and thats not my word, but Troy Aikmans---to which Joe Buck agreed. The ball was tipped and had not even hit the ground yet (3 feet from the receiver's feet) when Mitchell made a legal hit on the receiver. The head butt on Captain was VERY weak especially compared to Boldin's later on that was not called. How about the 12 men in the huddle? No impact with less than 10 seconds on the clock? Yeah, right.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #33 on: January 13, 2014, 10:22:03 am
Some of the play calls in the red zone were beyond me. SF was obviously playing the run everytime, why not try a bootleg at some point?

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #34 on: January 13, 2014, 10:35:22 am
I don't like Shula. The first half was really a bummer because the Panthers outplayed SF, but died at the goal line, turning 14 into 3 is awful.. The 2nd was a pimp slapping.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #35 on: January 13, 2014, 10:40:13 am
Bring back Chud.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #36 on: January 13, 2014, 10:54:57 am
Some of the play calls in the red zone were beyond me. SF was obviously playing the run everytime, why not try a bootleg at some point?

Exactly.....play action.....duh, Shula

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #37 on: January 13, 2014, 12:07:58 pm
Bring back Chud.

I'll pass but I'll take Norv Turner.

MikeNiner11

• Sophomore
Reply #38 on: January 13, 2014, 12:44:58 pm
Terrible sports weekend, but as much as I love the Panthers, we simply do not have the weapons to make a deep run in the playoffs right now. Look at all the remaining teams, and its easy to see that Carolina doesn't come close to having the big time playmakers that teams like Seattle, San Fran, Denver, and New England have. All of those teams were built over several seasons, and I feel that we are just getting started on what could be a great run. Cam Newton can be great, but very few QBs (ex. Brees, Brady, Manning) are good enough to carry a team where the best receiver is five years past his prime. The 96, 03, 05, and 08 Panthers were all better than this team, but I truly believe this one has the most potential for long term success. Gettleman did magic during the last off-season to put together a competitive team, and I expect us to continue moving in the right direction. This is an exciting time to be a Panther's fan.

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #39 on: January 13, 2014, 01:58:18 pm
I heard the SB was cancelled.   :'(
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #40 on: January 13, 2014, 02:17:30 pm
I didn't see that aforementioned play, but you can have 12 men in the huddle, it's just not supposed to be for longer than 5 seconds and essentially a swap of players.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #41 on: January 13, 2014, 03:35:58 pm
I didn't see that aforementioned play, but you can have 12 men in the huddle, it's just not supposed to be for longer than 5 seconds and essentially a swap of players.
Mike Periera, or whatever his name is said it was a violation, zebra was 10 feet from the huddle.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #42 on: January 13, 2014, 03:48:33 pm
Mike Periera, or whatever his name is said it was a violation, zebra was 10 feet from the huddle.
This, and it was bad enough that they showed the replay of it just before the 2nd half kickoff even though it had occurred late 2nd quarter. No way the ref couldn't have seen it either. He was literally looking right at the huddle and the guy came out of it and almost ran into the ref, and no one came in to replace him. Shouldn't the ref have "noticed" that?

LoyalNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #43 on: January 13, 2014, 04:22:18 pm
Just to reiterate the officiating concerns. 1. The late hit was garbage. 2. The headbutt was questionable, the face masks were already touching and he pushed with his head. If you call that then you have to call the actual headbutt that came on the final drive of the 1st half. 3. 12 men in the huddle on the final drive of the 1st half.

That is 2 calls that were missed on the 49ers last drive of the 1st half. If called the score at halftime is 10-9 or maybe even 10-6. Instead, Panthers go into halftime down three.

Doesn't matter though. If our defense can't cause a single turnover the entire game and our offense can't score a single point in the second half, we shouldn't win the game anyway.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #44 on: January 13, 2014, 04:27:27 pm
This, and it was bad enough that they showed the replay of it just before the 2nd half kickoff even though it had occurred late 2nd quarter. No way the ref couldn't have seen it either. He was literally looking right at the huddle and the guy came out of it and almost ran into the ref, and no one came in to replace him. Shouldn't the ref have "noticed" that?

He did notice it. If you would do anything more than complain you could see he was asked about and he gave his explanation. His explanation sucked and was wrong, but he admitted that he saw the play and said he had not given the whistle to start the play. Replay shows he did blow his whistle and move his arm down. Hard to take you guys seriously when you just mouth off. Simple research.

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #45 on: January 13, 2014, 04:40:28 pm

He did notice it. If you would do anything more than complain you could see he was asked about and he gave his explanation. His explanation sucked and was wrong, but he admitted that he saw the play and said he had not given the whistle to start the play. Replay shows he did blow his whistle and move his arm down. Hard to take you guys seriously when you just mouth off. Simple research.

Are you trying to make a point? If so, I'm not sure what it is.

Powerbait

Reply #46 on: January 13, 2014, 04:42:11 pm
Don't worry, he'll change the point he's trying to make in a second.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #47 on: January 13, 2014, 04:50:19 pm
The bitching gets old when you are talking about something that has been addressed already. "Shouldn't the ref have "noticed" that?" Yes...welcome to 24 hours ago.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #48 on: January 13, 2014, 04:58:45 pm
The bitching gets old when you are talking about something that has been addressed already. "Shouldn't the ref have "noticed" that?" Yes...welcome to 24 hours ago.
Sorry we were not in the discussion with you, but thanks for being an ass about it here.

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #49 on: January 13, 2014, 07:01:56 pm

That's fine. Just simply stating that 12 isn't automatically a violation. I'd hate to see how some would be on here if Carolina actually showed up for the second half.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos