Author Topic: AC Milan vs Liverpool at BofA Stadium on Aug 2  (Read 6510 times)

Run49er

• Chancellor
on: February 03, 2014, 05:46:19 pm
Reportedly will be playing in Charlotte as part of the 2014 International Champions Cup.  Official announcement said to be coming tomorrow.

Charlotteobserver.com: Manchester City vs. Liverpool soccer match coming to Bank of America Stadium
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 07:19:30 pm by Run49er »

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 07:23:32 pm
I just checked on tickets. It's now AC Milan vs Liverpool. Lower level seats are at least 85 bucks each.

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 03:20:33 pm
It's now AC Milan vs Liverpool.
Updated.  Tix range from $300 field level to $40 upper deck before Ticketbastard add-ons.

Charlotteobserver.com: Liverpool-AC Milan to play soccer in Charlotte in August

Internationalchampionscup.com: Guiness International Champions Cup 2014
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 03:26:57 pm by Run49er »

J Feet

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
  • Here, hold my beer. But not you, Julio.
    • Niner Fans United
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 03:55:26 pm
Going to this. I can't wait to boo Liverpool.
This signature is small because I'm not a jerk.

Fire Scotty!!!

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 05:03:46 pm
Gill and I and +1s are in the club seats bitches...
Mahna Mahna

The_Brown_Samurai

• Chancellor
Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 12:54:00 pm
Gill and I and +1s are in the club seats bitches...

Can't wait!!

I was planning on going either way, but when ManCity dropped... my reaction as an AC Milan fan:

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 12:58:32 pm by The_Brown_Samurai »
I know I probably just officially ruffled some feathers

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 03:39:34 pm
I got mine.  Hoping we see some stars and not just the reserves.

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 05:44:33 pm
AC Milan?  So will there be any supermodels showing to cheer on Milan?
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 09:50:21 am
Went to see Spurs vs. Liverpool in Baltimore two years ago.

Even as a "friendly" it was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. YNWA played over the speakers just before the second half, and the 80% red crowd didn't know it. The Spurs end actually sang it for them... Brad Friedel damned near doubled over in laughter.
DUCK FAVIDSON

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • I used to be arrogant, but now I'm perfect.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 10:25:51 am
I will be there with NLP & J_Felt +5

C-Pip's right.  About EVERYTHING.

(11:24:23) stonecoldken: CPip is the Cornbread of Engineers.

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 08:27:30 am
I work the Panthers crowd control, but I'm on vacay in DR that weekend.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 08:33:25 am
HotRod is putting together a tailgate event on FB for this game.  Will be super cool to have a big contingent of Niners tailgating for this.  Will post the details here.
Mahna Mahna

J Feet

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
    • Niner Fans United
Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 08:36:00 am
Let's go AC Milan! Liverpool is a bunch of wankers.

Fire Scotty!!!

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 03:43:25 pm
Tailgate info:

1001 Morehead Square
I am going to try and be there around noon, but believe most are showing up around 2.
Light rail to the lot via Carson St Station

https://www.facebook.com/events/493389294140975/

Mahna Mahna

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 03:49:24 pm
Damn, if didn't have to fly out Sunday morning I'd definitely would have brought my son down to Charlotte for this match. 

SteauA

• Senior
Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 04:36:57 pm
I went to Real Madrid vs. AS Roma in Dallas last night.  Attendance was solid (~57,500) and it was really cool seeing guys like Bale, Modric, Ramos, Pepe, Casillas, Totti & Ashley Cole in the flesh.

The Cotton Bowl is an absolute dump though.  They were understaffed in everything from parking attendants to concession workers to security (like 15-20 people rushed the field with 5 minutes left while fat cops attempted to stop them). 

Roma won 1-0, Totti scored.

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 07:23:07 pm
I'll be there. Not sure I've spent more than $50 on a sporting event ticket before and literally not cared who will win or lose. I just hope there isn't a tie because that and the constant whining for calls is why I'm not a big soccer fan besides for the World Cup. I've never been to a pro match so figured it would be an experience.

Who is the underdog?

SteauA

• Senior
Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 11:06:12 pm
I'll be there. Not sure I've spent more than $50 on a sporting event ticket before and literally not cared who will win or lose. I just hope there isn't a tie because that and the constant whining for calls is why I'm not a big soccer fan besides for the World Cup. I've never been to a pro match so figured it would be an experience.

Who is the underdog?

The rules for this pre-season competition (the International Champions Cup) do not allow ties.  If they are still tied after 90 minutes, the two teams go straight to a penalty shoot-out to break the tie.

Liverpool will be the favorites.  These are two of the most storied clubs in the history of European soccer.  Between them they have won the Champions League (the most prestigious club soccer competition in Europe) a combined 12 times (5 Liverpool, 7 Milan).  Liverpool are on the upswing and Milan are in one of the worst periods in the club's history.  Their owner has been dealing with legal issues in Italy and they have not spent the money necessary to stay competitive.

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #19 on: July 31, 2014, 07:49:14 am
Nice, then I'm pulling for a tie at the end of regulation.

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 09:31:28 pm
Is anyone watching the Liverpool Manchester United game from Miami?  The attendance is pathetic. I can't believe they are going to out an MLS team there. Such a bad move.

49erAlumnus

• Senior
Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 10:32:19 pm
Is anyone watching the Liverpool Manchester United game from Miami?  The attendance is pathetic. I can't believe they are going to out an MLS team there. Such a bad move.

It looked like the entire upper deck was empty.

J Feet

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
    • Niner Fans United
Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 10:43:24 pm
Announced attendance was around 51k.

That's a pathetic turnout for two huge teams. Can't believe MLS is giving Miami another shot.

Fire Scotty!!!

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 11:20:51 pm
Yes. This Miami deal really worries me. I love MLS and I want them to succeed. But Miami is not the way to go. There is no grass roots love of soccer there. They would be much smarter to force Beckham to build in another market. He'll let him buy chivas, move it downtown and rebrand. St. Louis, Minneapolis, Raleigh would all be better markets for MLS than Miami.  This might be their first big misstep in the last 10 years.

9erken

• Senior Captain
Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 11:43:20 pm
Yes. This Miami deal really worries me. I love MLS and I want them to succeed. But Miami is not the way to go. There is no grass roots love of soccer there. They would be much smarter to force Beckham to build in another market. He'll let him buy chivas, move it downtown and rebrand. St. Louis, Minneapolis, Raleigh would all be better markets for MLS than Miami.  This might be their first big misstep in the last 10 years.
I'm also unsure about the 2nd NY team, but it seems to be building some excitement so far. Just wonder if that will come at the expense of the red bulls. But I am sure that, as you say, Miami does not support teams well, particularly when the teams struggle as a new team could for quite a while. Contracting a miami team again will not help the league's image much at all.

Would think a team in St. Louis would make all kinds of sense, partly because markets that lack one of the bigger sports seem to be supporting teams more enthusiastically (Seattle, Portland, the Canadian teams) and St. Louis has a history of soccer enthusiasm.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos