Author Topic: AC Milan vs Liverpool at BofA Stadium on Aug 2  (Read 6511 times)

charlotteguy88

• Junior
Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 11:59:08 pm
For those that don't know the Charlotte Eagles will be dropping down a level next year and will be replaced in USL Pro by Queen City SC (working title for now) owned by the Charlotte Hounds owners. Their vision is to be MLS by 2020. Games will be at Memorial Stadium.

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #26 on: August 05, 2014, 09:43:05 am
That's great news and I am looking forward to it.

Is memorial wide enough?  Seems kind of narrow for soccer.

Maybe they will put the coaches and subs in the stands.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #27 on: August 05, 2014, 10:27:05 am
That's great news and I am looking forward to it.

Is memorial wide enough?  Seems kind of narrow for soccer.

Maybe they will put the coaches and subs in the stands.
They're going to have to widen the field I believe, which means removing some of the lower levels of seating.

If they do this, I hope they raise the field (doubtful) so that the seats aren't way above the field.

They're doing some renovation work at Memorial right now to bring it up to code (new bathrooms and concession facilities on the north side of the stadium). Still a lot needs to be done, but I think it could be a good MLS facility if they're willing to do quality renovations.

SteauA

• Senior
Reply #28 on: August 05, 2014, 12:06:14 pm
I'm guessing it will be an artificial surface? Also, I know very little about MLL, but aren't the MLS and MLL seasons at the same time? Soccer with lacrosse lines would be sort of annoying.

PS: This "SC" "FC" thing is going to get really confusing before long.  I wish we could just decide on one as a country and move forward (FC Dallas, Seattle Sounders FC, Toronto FC, Orlando City SC, Queen City SC, Chicago Fire SC etc...).

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #29 on: August 05, 2014, 01:04:33 pm
I'm guessing it will be an artificial surface? Also, I know very little about MLL, but aren't the MLS and MLL seasons at the same time? Soccer with lacrosse lines would be sort of annoying.

PS: This "SC" "FC" thing is going to get really confusing before long.  I wish we could just decide on one as a country and move forward (FC Dallas, Seattle Sounders FC, Toronto FC, Orlando City SC, Queen City SC, Chicago Fire SC etc...).
They're putting artificial turf in at Memorial.

cltniners

Reply #30 on: August 05, 2014, 01:51:19 pm
clt looks forward.

charlotteguy88

• Junior
Reply #31 on: August 05, 2014, 03:30:11 pm
On a side note I just read where FIFA says MLS will be moving to the European/FIFA calender.  I hope that is false. What a terrible idea for MLS. They won't survive playing at the same time as NFL, NCAA football, EPL, NBA, NHL, NCAA bball.

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #32 on: August 05, 2014, 04:48:52 pm
MLS will never move to the euro calendar. That is wishful thinking from Fifa. It just doesn't work. It's too cold in North America for that.

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • I used to be arrogant, but now I'm perfect.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
Reply #33 on: August 05, 2014, 04:58:59 pm
MLS will never move to the euro calendar. That is wishful thinking from Fifa. It just doesn't work. It's too cold in North America for that.

LOL, nearly the entire (if not complete) contiguous United States is located below the southern most point of England. If it's not going to happen in the US, it's not going to be for THAT reason.

C-Pip's right.  About EVERYTHING.

(11:24:23) stonecoldken: CPip is the Cornbread of Engineers.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #34 on: August 05, 2014, 05:07:01 pm

LOL, nearly the entire (if not complete) contiguous United States is located below the southern most point of England. If it's not going to happen in the US, it's not going to be for THAT reason.

It shouldn't happen because of all the other sport related things happening at that same time.  Just a bad idea to try and muscle into such a cluttered time.
Mahna Mahna

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #35 on: August 05, 2014, 05:23:01 pm

Actually despite how much further north Europe is they actually have milder winters than North America. At least till you get over into far Eastern Europe and Russia. I think it's due to some big atlantic current that sends warm air their way.

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #36 on: August 05, 2014, 05:57:49 pm

Actually despite how much further north Europe is they actually have milder winters than North America. At least till you get over into far Eastern Europe and Russia. I think it's due to some big atlantic current that sends warm air their way.

Beat me to it.  Dat Jet Stream doe.

SteauA

• Senior
Reply #37 on: August 05, 2014, 06:20:31 pm
As much as I would like to see MLS move to the European schedule I don't see it happening.  Why would you purposefully move your product into such a busy time of year sports-wise? It makes no sense for them from a business stand point. 

Not to mention that Seattle and New England still share stadiums with NFL teams. 

Blatter, as always, is talking out of his ass.

J Feet

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
  • Here, hold my beer. But not you, Julio.
    • Niner Fans United
Reply #38 on: August 05, 2014, 06:44:30 pm
Yea, February games in Toronto, Chicago, Vancouver...
This signature is small because I'm not a jerk.

Fire Scotty!!!

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos