Author Topic: 2015 Recruiting  (Read 65242 times)

mojoniner

• Walk On
Reply #125 on: December 16, 2014, 03:10:24 pm
Is Charlotte recruiting NG  Jalen Cousar from Butler?

MikeNiner11

• Sophomore
Reply #126 on: December 16, 2014, 03:19:14 pm
Is Charlotte recruiting NG  Jalen Cousar from Butler?

Would make sense since he is local, but I believe the only Butler recruit that has been mentioned is d-lineman Zach Befort.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

MikeNiner11

• Sophomore
Reply #128 on: December 27, 2014, 11:10:06 pm
Note that RB Rocky Reid of Concord committed to Tennessee over the weekend.

Reid has decommited from UT.

I don't know if we are even on his radar considering that he has offers from more than a dozen power conference teams, but I hope we are reaching out.

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #129 on: December 28, 2014, 08:49:28 am
He was high on our list last summer before he blew up and the P5 conferences all wanted him.  I had heard at one time that his high school coach wanted him to go to Charlotte so he would get lots of playing time.  He was afraid if he went to some P5 schools that they would recruit over him and may not get any PT, but I believe he has his sights on P5 schools

rtown49er

• Walk On
Reply #130 on: December 28, 2014, 09:00:17 am
Georgia is coming on strong for him...

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #131 on: January 14, 2015, 11:45:14 pm

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #132 on: January 15, 2015, 12:55:31 pm
Big DT we're after:  http://sports.yahoo.com/charlotte/football/recruiting/player-Eurndraus-Bryant-146060

I'd be surprised and very happy if we landed him.  Sounds like ECU is his back-up plan if SC falls through.

NinerAdvocate

Reply #133 on: January 15, 2015, 02:27:20 pm
Probably right Mr B. But oh my the PT he could get here. Prolly as much as he could handle.

I love big nasty DTs. This would make my day.

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #134 on: January 23, 2015, 12:59:07 pm
Are we done or still trying for a few players?  It has been really quite the past few weeks.  I thought we would pull a few last minutes commitments out of the bag. 

Where did the running back from Concord end up?  I know he was on our radar, but committed to UT and backed out. 

mightymitchfan

• Junior
Reply #135 on: January 23, 2015, 01:00:27 pm
Are we done or still trying for a few players?  It has been really quite the past few weeks.  I thought we would pull a few last minutes commitments out of the bag. 

Where did the running back from Concord end up?  I know he was on our radar, but committed to UT and backed out.

Georgia is high on Rocky Reid so not sure we have much of a chance with him.  Hopefully that situation doesn't mean we lose Rankin to UT.

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #136 on: January 23, 2015, 01:01:28 pm

With two weeks to go I'd say we're done.

MikeNiner11

• Sophomore
Reply #137 on: January 23, 2015, 04:13:02 pm
http://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Holmes-40267

Victory Christian TE visiting today.

ice_cold49er

• Sophomore
Reply #138 on: January 23, 2015, 05:22:34 pm

Georgia is high on Rocky Reid so not sure we have much of a chance with him.  Hopefully that situation doesn't mean we lose Rankin to UT.

Reid is also supposed to be taking an official visit to Wake Forest this weekend.
The Things I Would Always Like To See From 49ers Mens Basketball:

1. Good young men with good character.

2. Actually be taught good fundamental defense.

cltniners

Reply #139 on: January 23, 2015, 05:35:14 pm
clt wants a five star!

We have google fiber.

ice_cold49er

• Sophomore
Reply #140 on: January 27, 2015, 03:52:53 pm

Reid is also supposed to be taking an official visit to Wake Forest this weekend.

Reid committed to Wake today.
The Things I Would Always Like To See From 49ers Mens Basketball:

1. Good young men with good character.

2. Actually be taught good fundamental defense.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #141 on: January 27, 2015, 04:13:15 pm

You got to be kidding me.

Reid committed to Wake today.

NormsNinerNation

• Freshman
Reply #142 on: January 27, 2015, 04:48:13 pm
He has to much pride to pick us right now, see you in a year or two Rocky..honestly I love the RB we have coming in more since the senior bowl
#StateOfCharlotte

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #143 on: January 27, 2015, 05:09:53 pm
http://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Holmes-40267

Victory Christian TE visiting today.

It was posted in another thread but it should probably be posted here as well.  Holmes verballed yesterday.

https://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1729808

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #144 on: June 06, 2015, 11:39:02 pm
Colin Jacobs - TE - finds new home with Charlotte 49ers

Interview

The senior committed to be a preferred walk-on for the Charlotte 49ers, and play Division-I football.
I picked Charlotte because I felt it was the right school for me, Jacobs said. I used to live in Charlotte for a good amount of time when I was younger, so it is kind of like one of my hometowns.
I felt like I should go back there and continue my adventure.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #145 on: June 07, 2015, 09:25:14 am
Colin Jacobs - TE - finds new home with Charlotte 49ers

Interview

The senior committed to be a preferred walk-on for the Charlotte 49ers, and play Division-I football.
I picked Charlotte because I felt it was the right school for me, Jacobs said. I used to live in Charlotte for a good amount of time when I was younger, so it is kind of like one of my hometowns.
I felt like I should go back there and continue my adventure.

I like this kid and his attitude. It's a + he played on a 4A Championship team. WINNING!!
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos