Author Topic: 2015 Recruiting  (Read 65516 times)

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #50 on: June 19, 2014, 01:51:06 pm
So this is who we have verbals from so far:

Alex Barrow   WR   5'11"   170      Butler HS - Matthews, NC
Trevor Stacy   OT   6'5"   290      Spring Valley HS; Huntington, WV
Cameron Clark   OT   6'4"   255      Ben L Smith HS; Greensboro, NC
A.D. Cunningham  LB   6'1"   210      South Charleston, WV
Jonathan Hardy   DE   6'4"   257      New Hanover HS; Wilmington, NC
Tyriq Harris   OLB   6'3"    200      Hidden Valley HS; Roanoke, VA

XX Jaire Alexander   CB   5'11"   170      Rocky River HS - Charlotte, NC

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #51 on: June 20, 2014, 02:59:53 pm

NinerReport.com ‏@CharlotteRivals  19m
Hickory Ridge (NC) ATH Nate Mullen has verbally committed to #Charlotte49ers. @rivals @ncpreps @HickoryRidgeHS #StateofCharlotte

Listed as 2* on rivals.

http://sports.yahoo.com/charlotte/football/recruiting/player-Nate-Mullen-157998

« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:05:32 pm by Mr. Bojangles »

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #52 on: June 20, 2014, 03:14:04 pm
decent speed. must be a smart kid if he had an offer from columbia but we really need to land at least one signature player in this class, like a jaire alexander.

NinerNirvana

• Sophomore
Reply #53 on: June 20, 2014, 03:33:02 pm
I enjoyed watching his highlights from junior year.  His new address may be:  End Zone, Richardson Stadium, Charlotte, NC  28223.  Actually, watch the end of the highlights to appreciate his speed on defense.  Tough kid---Golden Gloves runner up and excels in track.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1943105/highlights/70367376

Jimmyhat49er

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #54 on: June 20, 2014, 03:51:26 pm

Hickory Ridge (NC) ATH Nate Mullen has verbally committed to #Charlotte49ers. @rivals @ncpreps @HickoryRidgeHS #StateofCharlotte

Listed as 2* on rivals.

This is Coach Jeff Mullen's son.  He had several legit offers.
If your not a 49er club member, NOW is the time to join.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #55 on: June 20, 2014, 04:23:15 pm

Listed as 2* on rivals.

Awesome that he will get to coach his son in college.  I guess it would depend on where he plays.  Could be a great story.

Jimmyhat49er

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #56 on: June 20, 2014, 04:32:28 pm

Listed as 2* on rivals.

Awesome that he will get to coach his son in college.  I guess it would depend on where he plays.  Could be a great story.

He is projected as a slot receiver.  At a recent recruiting evaluation he was the fastest wide receiver there. 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:34:13 pm by Jimmyhat49er »

49erAlumnus

• Senior
Reply #57 on: June 20, 2014, 04:58:13 pm

Listed as 2* on rivals.

That makes it appear as if Coach Mullen is planning on being around for awhile. That's not a bad thing.

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #58 on: June 20, 2014, 05:09:57 pm

Listed as 2* on rivals.

who else offered?

Jimmyhat49er

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #59 on: June 20, 2014, 05:12:23 pm

Listed as 2* on rivals.

who else offered?

I want so say like App st, ECU I can't remeber the list exactly.

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #60 on: June 20, 2014, 05:26:14 pm

Listed as 2* on rivals.

who else offered?

app. st. legit?

Jimmyhat49er

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #61 on: June 20, 2014, 05:45:41 pm

Listed as 2* on rivals.

who else offered?

app. st. legit?

I guess it's all a matter of opinion, but it would be hard to argue that a team with 3 national championship and a win in the Big House is not legit unless you are arguing with an idiot.

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #62 on: June 20, 2014, 06:24:37 pm

Listed as 2* on rivals.

who else offered?

app. st. legit?

I guess it's all a matter of opinion, but it would be hard to argue that a team with 3 national championship and a win in the Big House is not legit unless you are arguing with an idiot.

3 fcs national championships and one win like 10 years ago does not make them legit.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #63 on: June 20, 2014, 07:43:13 pm

Listed as 2* on rivals.

who else offered?

Rivals says he had interest from App, ECU, and Ball St.  Offers from Columbia and Gardner-Webb.

Jimmyhat49er

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #64 on: June 21, 2014, 12:32:20 am

Listed as 2* on rivals.

who else offered?

app. st. legit?

3 fcs national championships and one win like 10 years ago does not make them legit.

Thank you for proving my point.

#StateOfCharlotte

• Walk On
Reply #65 on: June 21, 2014, 02:19:30 am
Big Factor in recruiting for many of prospects has been OL Coach Phil Ratliff. Players always speak very highly of all the coaches but many specifically praise him. Players also love the facilities and the general Charlotte area.

Charlotte has a lot of things going for them and will be able to continue to improve the recruiting classes. They have also been building connections and pipelines at very important schools around the area. 

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #66 on: June 21, 2014, 11:32:05 am

Listed as 2* on rivals.

who else offered?

app. st. legit?

i wasen't. no one cares about fcs national championships in the national landscape and the win over michigan was a long time ago. at the end of the day, they are a sun belt teams picked to finish near the bottom of their league. hardly what i would call legit.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #67 on: June 21, 2014, 11:41:05 am

Listed as 2* on rivals.

who else offered?

app. st. legit?

i wasen't. no one cares about fcs national championships in the national landscape and the win over michigan was a long time ago. at the end of the day, they are a sun belt teams picked to finish near the bottom of their league. hardly what i would call legit.
any player with multiple FBS offers I consider legit.

I still see us recruiting guys that have mostly FCS offers.

If you don't think App is legit, then you certainly cannot consider us a legit offer for any recruit either.

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #68 on: June 21, 2014, 12:01:08 pm

Listed as 2* on rivals.

who else offered?

app. st. legit?

any player with multiple FBS offers I consider legit.

I still see us recruiting guys that have mostly FCS offers.

If you don't think App is legit, then you certainly cannot consider us a legit offer for any recruit either.

i don't consider us legit on the level of an sec school yet but i consider us legit because of what we have to offer a player; big city, top notch facilities, better conference than what app is in, potential for a better conference once realignment occurs. I am concerned that we are recruiting a lot more than i would like against the likes of elon, furman, schools like that. not going to win in cusa with those level players. i do trust the coaching staff however so i am not going to worry yet.

hootie

• Assistant Coach
Reply #69 on: June 22, 2014, 03:37:05 pm
App not legit. LOL

I don't really get the App hate in the first place, but come on.  I would love to be able to do some of what they have.  3 Championships is solid as hell- in any classification
[UNC-CH] is a turd floating in the punch bowl. - Gregg Doyel 9/7/10

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #70 on: June 22, 2014, 04:30:40 pm
App not legit. LOL

I don't really get the App hate in the first place, but come on.  I would love to be able to do some of what they have.  3 Championships is solid as hell- in any classification

they are legit in 1aa not 1a and 1a is all that matters nationally. i don't want app's success. i want success at the bigger level.

Universal

• Senior
  • I floss regularly
Reply #71 on: June 22, 2014, 06:29:26 pm
we haven't even proved ourselves on the FCS level. Like it or not but App is much more legit than we are at this moment in time. That likely will not last longer than the end of this coming season but still.
“All that is best in the great poets of all countries is not what is national in them, but what is universal”

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #72 on: June 22, 2014, 06:59:30 pm
App State has a wonderful football program and was certainly a huge player at the FCS level. That said, it means very little at the FBS level. Marshall and WKU had great success at the FCS level and both have had their share of struggles in FBS.

For anyone who doesn't understand the App hate, you should go back and read some of the threads on AGS when this whole football process started.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #73 on: June 22, 2014, 07:11:02 pm
App State has a wonderful football program and was certainly a huge player at the FCS level. That said, it means very little at the FBS level. Marshall and WKU had great success at the FCS level and both have had their share of struggles in FBS.

For anyone who doesn't understand the App hate, you should go back and read some of the threads on AGS when this whole football process started.
Marshall was a top 25 team when they moved to FBS. They had the most successful FCS to FBS transition ever.

They fell off because they got put on probation and lost scholarships.

WKU has done pretty well. They've only been FBS for four seasons. They have two losing seasons and two 7 win seasons. That's a pretty solid start.

I disagree that what App did means very little. They were already getting 3 star guys at the FCS level and now some of those guys that used to opt for G5 level programs instead of FCS may choose App.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #74 on: June 23, 2014, 08:07:35 am
Big Factor in recruiting for many of prospects has been OL Coach Phil Ratliff. Players always speak very highly of all the coaches but many specifically praise him. Players also love the facilities and the general Charlotte area.

Charlotte has a lot of things going for them and will be able to continue to improve the recruiting classes. They have also been building connections and pipelines at very important schools around the area.

Very true.  I've seen several players praising Coach Ratliff on social media and in interviews.  It almost gets me worried that his alma mater will come calling with an "offer he can't refuse."

We are laying a good foundation in Charlotte, Georgia, and WV so hopefully those relationships will continue to grow.

Side note:  Can we take the Crap State talk somewhere else please?

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos