Author Topic: 6 on the court  (Read 6047 times)

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
on: May 03, 2014, 12:12:19 am
The Spurs have 6 men on the court in the closing seconds of game 6.  Clearly Popovich is terrible.

https://sports.yahoo.com/video/spurs-leave-six-court-031952380.html

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 07:56:26 am
was it out of a timeout?
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

Iron9er

• Senior Captain
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 08:57:38 am
Did they lose 8 of 9 games just previous to said timeout?   ??? :o ;D
"Congrats. You guys beat our ass last night and it was a pretty pathetic performance on the glass and downlow." - StillJonesing - December 2, 2012.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 09:07:25 am
Playing with 6 guys is harder than the average fan knows.
Mahna Mahna

hootie

• Assistant Coach
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 09:24:39 am
Really???  I mean, Really???
[UNC-CH] is a turd floating in the punch bowl. - Gregg Doyel 9/7/10

Iron9er

• Senior Captain
Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 09:24:56 am
I can't even tell from that video - did they get called for that?  Surely, with replay they did...
"Congrats. You guys beat our ass last night and it was a pretty pathetic performance on the glass and downlow." - StillJonesing - December 2, 2012.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 12:16:41 am

Not saying that Lutz shouldn't have been let go.  Just saying he caught a lot of heat and was called an idiot for it.  It can happen to the best of them.

Iron9er

• Senior Captain
Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 08:53:44 am

Not saying that Lutz shouldn't have been let go.  Just saying he caught a lot of heat and was called an idiot for it.  It can happen to the best of them.

True, but to be fair, he basically called himself an idiot for it as well.

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 11:50:00 am

The dejected look on his face the moment it was called was sad to see. I was ready for him to go, but felt bad knowing that was how his career with Charlotte would likely end.

6 on the court has happened several times at NC State with Lutz as Assistant. I've seen Gottfried get in Bobby's face about it, since apparently that's a miscue he is responsible for preventing.

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 08:57:33 pm
2014 and I'm posting in a passive-aggressive Bobby Lutz thread.

sigh.
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 11:36:34 pm

sigh.

Posting passive-aggressively in a passive-aggressive thread.  Ironic.

To be fair though, the Spurs game happened in 2014.  I couldn't post about it in 2010. 

Lutz is in our record books.  I suspect we'll still talk about him in 2, 5, 10 years from now.  The same as we'll probably still talk about Foster, Mullins and Major.

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 08:59:35 am
UGH.  Really?

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • I used to be arrogant, but now I'm perfect.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 09:01:47 am

sigh.

To be fair though, the Spurs game happened in 2014.  I couldn't post about it in 2010. 

Lutz is in our record books.  I suspect we'll still talk about him in 2, 5, 10 years from now.  The same as we'll probably still talk about Foster, Mullins and Major.

You left out Wissell!

C-Pip's right.  About EVERYTHING.

(11:24:23) stonecoldken: CPip is the Cornbread of Engineers.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 10:10:47 am

Not really.....he simply took the "blame" for it, as most upstanding people would.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 10:19:43 am

The dejected look on his face the moment it was called was sad to see. I was ready for him to go, but felt bad knowing that was how his career with Charlotte would likely end.

6 on the court has happened several times at NC State with Lutz as Assistant. I've seen Gottfried get in Bobby's face about it, since apparently that's a miscue he is responsible for preventing.
Really? I would like to see the video of these.

Powerbait

Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 10:22:15 am
great thread.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 12:07:21 pm
great thread.

Great contribution. 

If you saw the play live and didn't immediately think of one of the more infamous moments in Niner bball history I don't know what to tell you.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 12:10:56 pm

sigh.

You left out Wissell!

You left out Pratt! 

Powerbait

Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 12:11:35 pm
I don't know why you need to make a thread tearing down Bobby Lutz.  He was fired, move on.

Donnie

• Walk On
Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 01:17:15 pm

It happened at Cincy this past season.  NC State got a technical foul for it. 

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 02:25:37 pm

It happened at Cincy this past season.  NC State got a technical foul for it.
I mean, I really wanted to see the part where Gottfried "got in Bobby's face for it" .

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 02:38:19 pm
I don't know why you need to make a thread tearing down Bobby Lutz.  He was fired, move on.

So anything that happened prior to the 2014/15 season shouldn't be posted.  Got it.

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #22 on: May 05, 2014, 03:53:17 pm

So anything that happened prior to the 2014/15 season shouldn't be posted.  Got it.

C'mon, Normmm.  You know why you posted this.  Of course you can post prior stuff to that, but you're just needling for a reaction when you post stuff like this.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #23 on: May 05, 2014, 05:39:57 pm
I think as long as we were paying Bobby it was fair to kick him while he was down, but the window has closed.  We now have an extra $235,000 in the party fund each year so I think we need to let it go.  We have a new coach to kick.
#unc-CHeatingPays

Iron9er

• Senior Captain
Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 06:58:36 pm

Not really.....he simply took the "blame" for it, as most upstanding people would.

Well, he said "I've got a masters degree, you would think I could count to 5" in the Observer after the game, so I think that fits with what i just said.  To your point he didn't say he was an idiot but kind of inferred it, if that makes you feel better?

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos