Author Topic: Poll: C Pick or C-49ers logo?  (Read 12987 times)

Jackrabbit49er

• Freshman
Reply #25 on: September 23, 2015, 09:15:38 am
I think the use of the C-49ers logo is to ensure that 49ers is prevalent as the team name. Just the C-pick doesn't imply that. So I had an idea for the football helmets - C-pick on one side and the 49ers mark on the other. I know that makes for a asymmetric helmet, but it could work.
Thoughts?
Sic vis pacem, para bellum

My college teams:

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #26 on: September 23, 2015, 09:23:25 am
be not the first by whom the new is tried nor yet the last to lay the old aside.    ;D

"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #27 on: September 23, 2015, 09:51:01 am
I think the use of the C-49ers logo is to ensure that 49ers is prevalent as the team name. Just the C-pick doesn't imply that. So I had an idea for the football helmets - C-pick on one side and the 49ers mark on the other. I know that makes for a asymmetric helmet, but it could work.
Thoughts?

Lids is selling a cap that has the 49ers wordmark simplified to one color.

None of that faux beveled effect, no outlines... just the text and an underline.

I think it looks fantastic.

That would look phenomenal in gold foil on our matte black helmets.
DUCK FAVIDSON

Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #28 on: September 23, 2015, 10:41:01 am
I think the C-pick axe alone is the best logo we have.  The second best is the 49ers without the C-pick axe.  The problem is when you bring them together they wash each other out and essentially become illegible. 
Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #29 on: September 23, 2015, 10:42:28 am
Thoughts?

None of that faux beveled effect, no outlines... just the text and an underline.

This one?  http://www.lids.com/NCAA/Charlotte-49ers/20758435
#unc-CHeatingPays

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
Reply #30 on: September 23, 2015, 12:20:10 pm
Thoughts?

This one?  http://www.lids.com/NCAA/Charlotte-49ers/20758435

That's the one!

Had to get back to work, didn't have time to go a googlin for it!
DUCK FAVIDSON

austinniner

• Senior
Reply #31 on: September 23, 2015, 01:15:03 pm
Thoughts?

A very nice compromise.  I'm still a big believer in the C-pick on its own
"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
Reply #32 on: September 23, 2015, 01:57:01 pm
Thoughts?

Another note about this... I'm not a big fan of the C-pick on both sides of the helmet because the C-pick depicts an action, raising the pickaxe and ready to strike.

Similar to the American flag being worn to ensure that the Union is facing the wearer's front, the C-Pick looks to be retreating on the left side of the helmet.

Put the C-pick on the right, and either the 49ers wordmark or the player's number on the left.

Solid.
DUCK FAVIDSON

J Feet

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
  • Here, hold my beer. But not you, Julio.
    • Niner Fans United
Reply #33 on: September 23, 2015, 04:25:56 pm
Thoughts?

Another note about this... I'm not a big fan of the C-pick on both sides of the helmet because the C-pick depicts an action, raising the pickaxe and ready to strike.

Similar to the American flag being worn to ensure that the Union is facing the wearer's front, the C-Pick looks to be retreating on the left side of the helmet.

Put the C-pick on the right, and either the 49ers wordmark or the player's number on the left.

Solid.
::)
This signature is small because I'm not a jerk.

Fire Scotty!!!

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #34 on: November 11, 2015, 10:32:53 am
RIP C-pick logo.

Alex Reynolds 1941545

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #35 on: November 11, 2015, 10:36:05 am
hat looks good

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #36 on: November 11, 2015, 10:40:12 am
The C-pick will always be over the tunnel entrance to the stadium..................or until it gets "Belk Towered".

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #37 on: November 11, 2015, 10:59:36 am
hat looks good

All except for the logo.  You can't even tell what that blob of color is.

This is 10000 times better.

Jordan McNeely 725382

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #38 on: November 11, 2015, 11:43:45 am
hat looks good

All except for the logo.  You can't even tell what that blob of color is.

This is 10000 times better.

Jordan McNeely 725382

That hat looks good too

Oldrowniner

• Gulag
  • Freshman
Reply #39 on: November 11, 2015, 12:05:10 pm
One logo is readable from 100 ft away or on tv, the other is jumbled and not.
"Too many seasons of benign neglect means Price and his staff have to re-sell the whole concept; itís been 10 years, after all, since the 49ers last qualified for the NCAA tournament"

Rick Bonnell, 12-1-2015

austinniner

• Senior
Reply #40 on: November 11, 2015, 04:28:18 pm
One logo is readable from 100 ft away or on tv, the other is jumbled and not.

And one is way more awesome than the other.  Bring back the plain C-pick!
"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

cltniners

Reply #41 on: November 11, 2015, 04:56:50 pm

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #42 on: March 11, 2016, 09:45:57 pm
I was not sure where to put this because we have numerous threads about logos, marketing, etc., so this seemed as good as any place.  Here is an interesting article about Elon rebranding and refreshing their logos.  I think they suffered from the same problem we do in that their logo was supposed to look like an "E", and ours like a " C", but only insiders get it.

http://www.elonpendulum.com/article/2016/03/new-university-logos
#unc-CHeatingPays

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #43 on: March 12, 2016, 07:38:09 am
....... Elon rebranding and refreshing their logos.  I think they suffered from the same problem we do in that their logo was supposed to look like an "E", and ours like a " C", but only insiders get it.

This is my only concern with the c-pic.  It looks great, but we are about the only ones that know what it is. 

Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

FSL Owner

• Freshman
Reply #44 on: March 12, 2016, 07:39:28 am
I was not sure where to put this because we have numerous threads about logos, marketing, etc., so this seemed as good as any place.  Here is an interesting article about Elon rebranding and refreshing their logos.  I think they suffered from the same problem we do in that their logo was supposed to look like an "E", and ours like a " C", but only insiders get it.

I never realized that was supposed to be an E.  I see it now but never really paid attention.  I think it is time to rebrand for us. I actually agree with CLT, let's go old school. 

cltniners

Reply #45 on: March 12, 2016, 07:52:24 am

I never realized that was supposed to be an E.  I see it now but never really paid attention.  I think it is time to rebrand for us. I actually agree with CLT, let's go old school.

clt asks why you added actually, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2t8Oqa0tBZA

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #46 on: March 12, 2016, 08:41:36 am

That was actually a spot-on observation by clt.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

FSL Owner

• Freshman
Reply #47 on: March 12, 2016, 09:12:57 am

Bad wording CLT.  Always been a fan of yours.  Hope to ride in the Zep some day.  I will do better.

cltniners

Reply #48 on: March 13, 2016, 08:12:41 am

Bad wording CLT.  Always been a fan of yours.  Hope to ride in the Zep some day.  I will do better.

clt says no bad blood here. clt does encourage Taylor swift pics.

charlotte004

• Walk On
Reply #49 on: February 25, 2017, 12:40:21 pm
Just wanted to refresh this thread. Would love to see a new logo for our school. The c pick has run its course. I don't like the font we use for Charlotte either. Having gold, black, green, white all in our logo, muddles things. Should go with two primary colors. Our current logo/branding came out in 2000, I think. 2020 seems like a good year to start a new look. Maybe with a new AD???

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos