Author Topic: clt says let's talk panthers  (Read 22005 times)

NY NINER

• Walk On
Reply #125 on: February 09, 2016, 10:05:32 am
Nantz and Simms are always super boring anyways.  Nantz needs to stick to golf and Simms isnt anywhere close to Gruden or Collinsworth on breaking down a game. 

And there were quick slant plays that were executed by either Ginn or Brown early in the 3rd quarter, but no where to be found after that.  A little confusing that the quick slants didnt continue or a double move would be eventually called.

A little off topic, but was anyone else really disappointing in the CBS production?  Very few replays on key plays, and too much video of the announcers and other BS full screen graphics between plays.  Maybe it is like that for every SB, but I've never noticed since I didn't have a rooting interest.

I was a bit too disappointed by other things going on in the game to notice.  :(

NinerAdvocate

Reply #126 on: February 09, 2016, 10:42:36 am
A little off topic, but was anyone else really disappointing in the CBS production?  Very few replays on key plays, and too much video of the announcers and other BS full screen graphics between plays.  Maybe it is like that for every SB, but I've never noticed since I didn't have a rooting interest.

Made similar comments during the game. Didnt realize what a good job Fox does.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #127 on: February 09, 2016, 10:47:32 am
CBS has by far the worst production value of any network that carries NFL games.

Fox, ESPN, NBC, and NFL Network are all way ahead of CBS.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #128 on: February 09, 2016, 11:03:11 am
CBS has by far the worst production value of any network that carries NFL games.

Fox, ESPN, NBC, and NFL Network are all way ahead of CBS.
Yes, I'm very happy that Carolina has very few games on CBS.

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #129 on: February 09, 2016, 12:59:28 pm
Well in WWE not just the Refs are fake, but you lose on purpose.  Maybe the NFL told Shula to make bad calls.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #130 on: February 10, 2016, 08:25:38 am
On to next year:

Roster cuts:  Thanks for your time/service/efforts

Charles Johnson- Cut-                   11,000,000 cap savings (4m Dead money)-
Jared Allen- Cut                             8,500,000 cap savings (no dead money)
Roman Harper- Not Signed                           0 cap savings (300k dead money)

Current FA's of note:
Tolbert:  Unless he takes a pay cut, I don't see it
Tillamn: Retires
Silatolu- Always hurt- Gone
Webb- I bet he stays
Chris Scott: Useless. Gone
Velasco: Depth signing
Cortland Finnegan: Not terrible, but they need substantial upgrades. He's gone
Lyle Love: Depth guy, re-sign
Frank Alexander: Too much weed. Gone
Stephen Hill: Too much weed. He gone too
Mike Remmers: He was decent this season but was the worst player on the field in the Superbowl. He might be back, but it will not be as the starter.
Brad Nortman: I think the entire ST needs a facelift. I'd let him walk.. But not sure what the Panthers do, gut is he stays........................ And

Josh Norman: Franchise Tag. I honestly don't even mess with an extension. He's already 29 and will want a long term deal. Let someone else pay it after next season. That money will need to be save for Short/Star

The tough decisions that one of which will probably happen:

Stewart- I can totally see him being a post June 1 cut with 5.75 cap savings. He's going on 29, he can;t play 16 games.. And you don;t get healthier the older you get.
Gano- Another post June 1 option with a 2.95 mill savings (he's league average IMO)
Kalil- Extend/restructure to free up a few mill this year.

Going into the off season they are at about 23 mill in cap space. With CJ/Allen and couple other assumed cuts they are at about 42 mill.. Could get near 50 mill with a couple more moves/restructures. Take off 14mill for Norman and you still have some room to get a DE and an OT.

EE9er

• Assistant Coach
Reply #131 on: February 10, 2016, 08:39:55 am
On to next year:

Roster cuts:  Thanks for your time/service/efforts

Charles Johnson- Cut-                   11,000,000 cap savings (4m Dead money)-
Jared Allen- Cut                             8,500,000 cap savings (no dead money)
Roman Harper- Not Signed                           0 cap savings (300k dead money)

Current FA's of note:
Tolbert:  Unless he takes a pay cut, I don't see it
Tillamn: Retires
Silatolu- Always hurt- Gone
Webb- I bet he stays
Chris Scott: Useless. Gone
Velasco: Depth signing
Cortland Finnegan: Not terrible, but they need substantial upgrades. He's gone
Lyle Love: Depth guy, re-sign
Frank Alexander: Too much weed. Gone
Stephen Hill: Too much weed. He gone too
Mike Remmers: He was decent this season but was the worst player on the field in the Superbowl. He might be back, but it will not be as the starter.
Brad Nortman: I think the entire ST needs a facelift. I'd let him walk.. But not sure what the Panthers do, gut is he stays........................ And

Josh Norman: Franchise Tag. I honestly don't even mess with an extension. He's already 29 and will want a long term deal. Let someone else pay it after next season. That money will need to be save for Short/Star

The tough decisions that one of which will probably happen:

Stewart- I can totally see him being a post June 1 cut with 5.75 cap savings. He's going on 29, he can;t play 16 games.. And you don;t get healthier the older you get.
Gano- Another post June 1 option with a 2.95 mill savings (he's league average IMO)
Kalil- Extend/restructure to free up a few mill this year.

Going into the off season they are at about 23 mill in cap space. With CJ/Allen and couple other assumed cuts they are at about 42 mill.. Could get near 50 mill with a couple more moves/restructures. Take off 14mill for Norman and you still have some room to get a DE and an OT.

Great write up S. 

I think the most pressing needs are DE, DB and OL.  I thought Stewart was actually older than 29, seems like he has been here forever, I could see him being gone but I don't know who replaces him, I don't trust CAP as an every down back yet.

I agree with you about Norman also, tag him and let someone else give him the next deal in his 30's.  Hope that's what they do.
"No more excuses, no more apologists, no more anything.... time to win or GTFO. 
NWA - 5/8/13

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #132 on: February 10, 2016, 08:53:54 am
I like Stewart, he's a good fit for the offense.. But Gettleman is a clinical dude, there are only a handful of guys every year that are ever going to be truly safe

cltniners

Reply #133 on: February 10, 2016, 09:15:44 am
clt says to release cam. bad attitude.

that is a hot take.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #134 on: February 29, 2016, 12:55:13 pm
Just received my season ticket invoice and as expected my seats in 552 were increased $10 from $58 to $68 with sales tax it's close $75 a game.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #135 on: February 29, 2016, 01:01:06 pm
Just received my season ticket invoice and as expected my seats in 552 were increased $10 from $58 to $68 with sales tax it's close $75 a game.

Whoa

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #136 on: February 29, 2016, 01:10:07 pm

Yikes!  Add in $20 parking and $10 beers and that is real money.
#unc-CHeatingPays

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #137 on: February 29, 2016, 01:45:00 pm

I can only imagine the lower level increases. The silver lining is with ticket increases the pressure to win is increasingly greater. People seemed to accept a 6-7 win season when tickets were relatively cheap.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #138 on: February 29, 2016, 01:54:34 pm

I can only imagine the lower level increases. The silver lining is with ticket increases the pressure to win is increasingly greater. People seemed to accept a 6-7 win season when tickets were relatively cheap.
So the Niners need to increase the price of tickets?   ;)
#unc-CHeatingPays

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #139 on: February 29, 2016, 01:57:18 pm

$75 is still under league average last season.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/193595/average-ticket-price-in-the-nfl-by-team/
Mahna Mahna

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos