Author Topic: clt says let's talk panthers  (Read 22114 times)

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #25 on: December 21, 2015, 03:54:41 pm
So what do y'all do to not worry about losing the SB every play?

We have to get to the SB first - which means securing home field through the playoffs, so have to go win one more at min.  And keep the foot on the gas until the clock reads zeros.  If we have one final game to play that means nothing then we can worry about resting player.  I am of the opinion though you play greatness - finished undefeated then go win the Superbowl.  No team has ever been 19-0.  Let's be the first. 
Mahna Mahna

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #26 on: December 21, 2015, 06:38:36 pm
Need to win this next game before we worry about any of this.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

cltniners

Reply #27 on: December 21, 2015, 10:17:40 pm
clt says Riley to replace cam.

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #28 on: December 22, 2015, 09:08:17 am
In Playoffs, I'm worried about the NFC West.  The Cards are great & the Hawks are on a hot streak.  The NFC East Champ & the Vikes suck, & the Pack is formidable, but we should have them easy.
In the AFC, I'm more worried about teams with so-so records on hot streaks like the Chiefs & Steelers than the Bengals & Pats.  The Chiefs or Steelers could be our Giants to the undefeated Pats if we make the SB.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #29 on: January 04, 2016, 11:47:26 am
Awesome hearing the MVP chants in the stadium yesterday. Time to finish off a great regular season.

Also, I'm extremely excited to watch Shaq Thompson progress in the coming years. The game is starting to slow down for him. If he can add another 15-20 pounds, he going to be an absolute monster.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #30 on: January 11, 2016, 12:58:24 pm
Anyone else already jacked up for Sunday already?

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #31 on: January 11, 2016, 12:59:12 pm
Anyone else already jacked up for Sunday already?
Yes!

Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #32 on: January 11, 2016, 03:12:31 pm
Should we expect a lot of half Panther - half Seahawk jerseys at the stadium?
Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #33 on: January 11, 2016, 03:23:24 pm
uhh, no.....why would you ask that?

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #34 on: January 11, 2016, 03:43:38 pm
No. There won't be any "This is Packer country" banners, either.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #35 on: January 11, 2016, 04:05:48 pm
If anyone wants to go to the game, I have 6 tickets for sale. I have them listed on stubhub for $240 each, but for a niner I'm willing to negotiate a bit. Unless you're a seahawks fan, then the price is $300.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #36 on: January 11, 2016, 04:35:28 pm
No. There won't be any "This is Packer country" banners, either.

:p

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #37 on: January 11, 2016, 11:25:07 pm
If anyone wants to go to the game, I have 6 tickets for sale. I have them listed on stubhub for $240 each, but for a niner I'm willing to negotiate a bit. Unless you're a seahawks fan, then the price is $300.

How did you come up with 6 tickets? 

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #38 on: January 11, 2016, 11:30:20 pm

How did you come up with 6 tickets?
I bought them when they went on sale

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #39 on: January 11, 2016, 11:45:55 pm

Please don't act like you're Panthers fan. You'll sale them to anyone for $240.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #40 on: January 12, 2016, 12:03:31 am

yeah f*** me for wanting to make $1000 dollars to put towards something i need the money for. Definitely makes me not a fan. f*** off.

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #41 on: January 12, 2016, 12:35:32 am

yeah f*** me for wanting to make $1000 dollars to put towards something i need the money for. Definitely makes me not a fan. f*** off.

$240 would be a little more than 3x face then. Seems kinda high but let us know what you get. What section are the tickets? Packers fans woulda paid 5x face.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:40:26 am by cibik02 »

cltniners

Reply #42 on: January 12, 2016, 07:38:11 am
clt says this is not Russell's Wilton's stadium.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #43 on: January 12, 2016, 08:11:13 am

$240 would be a little more than 3x face then. Seems kinda high but let us know what you get. What section are the tickets? Packers fans woulda paid 5x face.

Stubhub now has over 6500 tickets listed for this game.  Ticket Exchange now has roughly 6300.  It seems numerous tickets suddenly became available yesterday.  I'm sure many of these on Stubhub and Ticket Exchange are duplicate offers, but when you add Craig's List and other sites, along with ticket owners that are trying to sell on their own to avoid paying the steep commission to online sites, there are probably over 7,000 tickets for sell.  Some of these will be used by the owners when their tickets do not sell, but there are a lot of tickets for sale right now.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 08:13:40 am by 49r9r »

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #44 on: January 12, 2016, 10:58:00 am

You could sell them for double make sure Panthers' fans are in them and still make decent ROI.

trickynbc

• Freshman
  • BSEE 2010, I Wanna Go Fast!
Reply #45 on: January 12, 2016, 11:25:40 am

You could sell them for double make sure Panthers' fans are in them and still make decent ROI.

My Panthers tickets are used as an investment. I'll sell them to the highest bidder regardless of fan allegiance. The money I make off them will help cover my annual donation to UNC Charlotte.
"Why not pick Charlotte?" - Joe Thompson

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #46 on: January 12, 2016, 11:47:51 am

NN seems to be a little sensitive about this, but I would sell them for whatever I could get, to whomever wanted them.  If Panthers fans want all the seats to be blue they should get out their checkbooks.
#unc-CHeatingPays

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #47 on: January 12, 2016, 12:09:41 pm
NN seems to be a little sensitive about this, but I would sell them for whatever I could get, to whomever wanted them.  If Panthers fans want all the seats to be blue they should get out their checkbooks.

Yes it is a free capitalistic country and people can do what they want. I guess if $400 makes a huge difference in their life more power to them. Personally my pride and pride in my team is worth a lot more.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #48 on: January 12, 2016, 12:22:46 pm
I love the Panthers - but it is pro-sports.  The entire industry is about people making money and mercenaries and hired guns.  The players will take off for another dime so I don't fault people selling tickets.  If our Niners were ever in a big game and our tickets were worth a ton of money and I would not sell them to the opposing fans because to me college is different.  With all that said I would probably have a price I would be willing to sell to a Panther fan and a premium price I would sell to an opposing team's fan.  All these equal I would certainly look for Panther fan first.
Mahna Mahna

hootie

• Assistant Coach
Reply #49 on: January 12, 2016, 12:23:24 pm

Yes it is a free capitalistic country and people can do what they want. I guess if $400 makes a huge difference in their life more power to them. Personally my pride and pride in my team is worth a lot more.
I'd sell them, watch in a bar and have a ball.  The players, coaches and owners don't give a damn about you, why shouldn't you get paid if you can?

[UNC-CH] is a turd floating in the punch bowl. - Gregg Doyel 9/7/10

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos