Author Topic: clt says let's talk panthers  (Read 22114 times)

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #50 on: January 12, 2016, 12:42:55 pm
but it is pro-sports.  The entire industry is about people making money and mercenaries and hired guns.  The players will take off for another dime so I don't fault people selling tickets. 

Are we still talking about the NFL or NCAA, I'm confused?

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #51 on: January 12, 2016, 01:07:22 pm
but it is pro-sports.  The entire industry is about people making money and mercenaries and hired guns.  The players will take off for another dime so I don't fault people selling tickets. 

Are we still talking about the NFL or NCAA, I'm confused?

Well if you are a handful of programs I guess its all the same. 
Mahna Mahna

cltniners

Reply #52 on: January 12, 2016, 02:20:13 pm
clt advises tickets are worthless without a seat.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #53 on: January 21, 2016, 03:29:51 pm
Ice Bowl 2016 coming this Sunday at 6:40pm?

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #54 on: January 21, 2016, 03:48:00 pm

Gonna be cold but no precip on Sunday. What we get will already be on the ground (seats?), but the playing field will be totally clear. Hope the turf holds up or it will create a whinefest by espn, fox, cardinals, and their fans over it after they lose.  :))
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

EE9er

• Assistant Coach
Reply #55 on: January 21, 2016, 03:48:32 pm

It's saying high of 44 on Sunday so hopefully it all is melted by then, I am worried about it being freezing by the 4th quarter though.
"No more excuses, no more apologists, no more anything.... time to win or GTFO. 
NWA - 5/8/13

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #56 on: January 21, 2016, 05:02:17 pm

It's saying high of 44 on Sunday so hopefully it all is melted by then, I am worried about it being freezing by the 4th quarter though.

Bring it on - The colder and nastier it is the more it hurts the cards.
Mahna Mahna

cltniners

Reply #57 on: January 21, 2016, 08:15:21 pm
clt says cards are taking a charter in Saturday. This weather helps us.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #58 on: January 21, 2016, 10:03:54 pm

They were always flying in on Saturday. Since game is late start they were comfortable coming in day before.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #59 on: January 21, 2016, 10:48:40 pm

They were always flying in on Saturday. Since game is late start they were comfortable coming in day before.

Yeah the game will start 4:40 MST. Time won't be a factor for them. Outside on grass in the cold could be, even though they play on grass too.
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

Ninerballin

• Assistant Coach
  • checksum
Reply #60 on: January 21, 2016, 11:55:51 pm

Yeah the game will start 4:40 MST. Time won't be a factor for them. Outside on grass in the cold could be, even though they play on grass too.

Little bit different playing on perfect grass that's grown outside in the Arizona sun and rolled indoor than what they will be playing on Sunday.

gamer

• Senior
Reply #61 on: January 22, 2016, 12:00:13 am
Cliff Robinson says playing on grass is less stressful.
The greatest boon in the popularity of Chapel Hill sports was the advent of cash registers that automatically figure change.

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #62 on: January 22, 2016, 09:36:23 am
Cliff Robinson says playing on grass is less stressful.

Odd thing for a basketball player to day. Still, he's probably one of the first of the modern stretch PFs.
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

cltniners

Reply #63 on: January 25, 2016, 08:02:44 am
clt predicts the panthers win the super bowl!

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #64 on: January 25, 2016, 09:51:38 am
Amazing night last night, something you couldn't experience sitting on your couch. I figured we would win but not like that.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #65 on: January 25, 2016, 09:53:32 am
Amazing night last night, something you couldn't experience sitting on your couch. I figured we would win but not like that.
I experienced on my couch, had a tremendous time.  8)

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #66 on: January 25, 2016, 12:18:16 pm

If you are a Panthers' fan yesterday was great but the couch experience isn't even close to first home NFC championship game.

If the Panthers are ahead early on the Broncos, you may see repeat of last night. They just aren't built overcome anymore than a 2 TD lead.

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #67 on: January 25, 2016, 12:29:14 pm

If you are a Panthers' fan yesterday was great but the couch experience isn't even close to first home NFC championship game.

If the Panthers are ahead early on the Broncos, you may see repeat of last night. They just aren't built overcome anymore than a 2 TD lead.

"My experience as a fan is better than yours."
Nice.
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #68 on: January 25, 2016, 12:32:54 pm
Being at the game was awesome - the stadium moving, the atmosphere, the music, the fireworks - everything.  My wife watched from home and loved every minute of it and my daughter was trying to high five the TV.  Just a great time to be a Panther fan no matter where you watch the games.   
Mahna Mahna

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #69 on: January 25, 2016, 03:48:38 pm
Being at the game was awesome - the stadium moving, the atmosphere, the music, the fireworks - everything.  My wife watched from home and loved every minute of it and my daughter was trying to high five the TV.  Just a great time to be a Panther fan no matter where you watch the games.   

Awesome atmosphere last night.

Being in the upper level and feeling the stadium shake, not a very comforting feeling even if it's designed to be able to handle that.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #70 on: January 25, 2016, 03:53:22 pm

Being in the upper level and feeling the stadium shake, not a very comforting feeling even if it's designed to be able to handle that.

I know what you mean!  I know my civil engineer friends would say if it doesn't move THEN you have an issue :)  but its still an odd feeling!
Mahna Mahna

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #71 on: January 25, 2016, 04:20:37 pm

I know what you mean!  I know my civil engineer friends would say if it doesn't move THEN you have an issue :)  but its still an odd feeling!
My stepdad used to talk about the upper level at Williams-Brice (South Carolina).  It really moved.  He said when they expanded it the engineers didn't have to design it to handle the weight of the fans, but the "weight of enthusiasm".  That is what you get when all the fans come to their feet at the same time.
#unc-CHeatingPays

hootie

• Assistant Coach
Reply #72 on: January 25, 2016, 05:13:30 pm

My stepdad used to talk about the upper level at Williams-Brice (South Carolina).  It really moved.  He said when they expanded it the engineers didn't have to design it to handle the weight of the fans, but the "weight of enthusiasm".  That is what you get when all the fans come to their feet at the same time.
"If it ain't swayin', we ain't playin'"
[UNC-CH] is a turd floating in the punch bowl. - Gregg Doyel 9/7/10

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #73 on: January 25, 2016, 05:24:29 pm

"If it ain't swayin', we ain't playin'"

Penn St actually had to stop playing the zombie nation song because everyone was jumping so much it was damaging the stadium!
Mahna Mahna

cltniners

Reply #74 on: January 25, 2016, 07:14:50 pm
clt says panthers to wear black jerseys in super bowl. No word on pants yet.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos