Author Topic: Starting WR leaving Clemson(From Charlotte)  (Read 3621 times)

keeper768

• Walk On
on: February 17, 2016, 04:48:28 pm
Anyone know if this is someone we have a shot at?   This guy is a Charlotte native.

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Clemson-WR-transfer-22461

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 04:54:34 pm
Anyone know if this is someone we have a shot at?   This guy is a Charlotte native.

Bigger question, where is he academically? He's a RS JR, but not sure he's graduating and can play in the Fall. If he can't, is he worth having sit out 1 year to play 1???

keeper768

• Walk On
Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 04:55:55 pm
The program announced Wednesday that Hopper, a wide receiver, will play his final season at another school after graduating in the summer. As a graduate transfer, he will be eligible immediately at his next stop in 2016.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 04:57:30 pm
The program announced Wednesday that Hopper, a wide receiver, will play his final season at another school after graduating in the summer. As a graduate transfer, he will be eligible immediately at his next stop in 2016.
Thanks, I hadn't read the article. The things I looked at earlier about him didn't say that, just talked to past academic issues. If that's the case, no problem with him coming on. As of last I heard, we had 1 spot open. Obviously, things can change.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 04:57:54 pm
I say pass, why sacrifice the development of some the young guys for a graduate transfer who isn't elite?

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 05:05:12 pm
I say pass, why sacrifice the development of some the young guys for a graduate transfer who isn't elite?

What is elite? Everyone has such a different meaning of the word.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 05:12:50 pm

In this case one of the top 100 WRs in FBS. If we were dying for depth at the position, I'd yes but we are stacked with young guys who we should look at first.

cltniners

Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 05:14:13 pm

clt says Joe flacco is not elite.

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 11:15:57 am

In this case one of the top 100 WRs in FBS. If we were dying for depth at the position, I'd yes but we are stacked with young guys who we should look at first.

"Hopper had 21 receptions for 317 yards and a touchdown in 2015 when he played in 15 games, three as a starter on Clemson’s number-two ranked team that finished with a 14-1 record. He had his best game against Wake Forest when he had three receptions for 129 yards and a touchdown."

He doesn't have to be "elite" to look great on our squad. He's a veteran WR that started games for a team that eventually played in the National Championship. I'd be happy to have him here.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 11:17:53 am
I'd take him, however we have more important spots we could add a transfer for.

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 11:23:07 am
I'd take him, however we have more important spots we could add a transfer for.

Agreed. I'd like to see OLine get some depth.

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 11:57:56 am
I'd take him in a heartbeat if just for his ability to mentor.

Dude played in the national championship game lat month.  We're not so fantastic at WR to be able to pass on this guy.
FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 01:14:49 pm
I have worked/coached(quality control and development) in HS for a few years now. Coached against him when he was a senior at Berry Academy the kid is a STUD. I'd love to have him here.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

Ninercentral

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #13 on: February 18, 2016, 01:27:50 pm
I'd take him in a heartbeat if just for his ability to mentor.

Dude played in the national championship game lat month.  We're not so fantastic at WR to be able to pass on this guy.

This was my thought. Just because he wasn't the best player on a championship caliber team doesn't mean he wouldn't be the best or one of the better players on our team.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos