Author Topic: Commit Alert: 2017 QB Nick Tronti  (Read 24249 times)

Niner17

• Walk On
Reply #150 on: January 24, 2017, 11:06:58 pm
Disappointed to say the least but we still brought in our best recruiting class yet. Still have more coming in apparently...

https://twitter.com/Nasty_Nate4/status/824093693716078595

This just appeared on my news feed. Pretty sure this kid was previously an ECU commit for those who are bitter about the Tronti flip.

http://247sports.com/player/mic-roof-88436

dmastinsc

• Freshman
Reply #151 on: January 25, 2017, 12:21:22 am
The moral superiority by some over this kid changing his mind is ridiculous, especially those with profanity laced responses. Hard to believe some have that narrow of a perspective, or worse, can be made that upset by it.

I wish my life provided the room to be that upset over losing a recruit!

Submarley734

• Senior
Reply #152 on: January 25, 2017, 01:24:13 am
I would have liked to see Tronti in a Niner jersey, but I am happy with where we are with this class. Think about where we are from where we were. We have a "Mr. Florida" recruit that changes his mind last minute, and IMMEDIATELY after he decommits, some kid decommits from ECU to come to us. He was waiting to see if Tronti would leave. It's clear to me that some kids actually have us as number 1 over schools like ECU, and they commit to ECU because they don't think they can beat out what we have committed to us. That's a good sign. Who knows? Maybe "The Mic" (yes, I've already made up a nickname) will end up better than Tronti. He'll definitely have more opportunity to play. I, for one, have been watching the college football scene long enough to know that there is no kid that is a 100% star out of high school. The guy we are paying attention to the least could end up being our best player. Did anybody honestly think Klugh would win the job over Olsen? s***, maybe Joe Thompson will step up and be the man. Don't get mad at the kid for choosing another school. We don't get mad when kids choose us over them. Good luck to Tronti at Indiana. If he's not strong enough to be a NINER, I don't want him here anyway. We NINERS are a strong breed. When s*** hits the fan, we step to the side of the fan. Other fans just let the s*** hit them in the face because they don't know what it's like to struggle. Trust me, we NINERS know struggle. Tronti probably would've transferred out at the first sign of adversity. The kids who commit to us will be the kids that I support. If all of the commits leave us for other schools, I will still get to the game early, tailgate with delicious food and rolling rock beer (because it's green), and go sit in my seats 9 and 10 in section 110. I've been here since way before we started the push in 2006. I am a NINER for life, and so are most of you. The kids that commit to us and stay with us are true NINERS. Those are the kids that I want to watch play the game we all love to watch. GO NINERS!!

cltniners

Reply #153 on: January 25, 2017, 06:10:24 am
clt says time to close this chat page.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #154 on: January 25, 2017, 07:27:51 am
The moral superiority by some over this kid changing his mind is ridiculous, especially those with profanity laced responses. Hard to believe some have that narrow of a perspective, or worse, can be made that upset by it.

I don't follow football recruiting and barely follow the football team. However, if you continue to say you want to come here then bounce...well screw you. I didn't lose any sleep over it.

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #155 on: January 25, 2017, 07:35:34 am

I don't follow football recruiting and barely follow the football team. However, if you continue to say you want to come here then bounce...well screw you. I didn't lose any sleep over it.

Klugh got some good sleep as well.

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #156 on: January 25, 2017, 08:47:29 am

You took the time to post..

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #157 on: January 25, 2017, 09:17:33 am
When I first saw the news last night I was little upset but this morning I just feel sorry for the kid. He is going from the beaches of Florida to middle of nowhere Indiana, Indiana's best years are average at best and they still get blasted by the blue bloods, and skipped out on a official visit to Hawaii.
'

He could of came here and helped create something new/special but if a 130 years of football with 3 bowl wins impresses you, treat yo self.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #158 on: January 25, 2017, 10:42:10 am
A commit is a commit to me. Backing out of a commit makes you an asshole. But with the new "alternative facts" attitude, I shouldn't be surprised and I'm not. If kids want to look at all their options, that's OK. But they should do it BEFORE they "commit", and keep their options open publicly. Not commit and back out.  This s*** pisses me off. I don't give a damn if this kid, his parents or his damn HS coach sees this. They can all go f*** themselves. This prick is a little liar and I wish him nothing but the worst. I NEVER want to see him even mentioning us again. And if he decides to transfer later, he can go to hell before I as a fan will accept him here.

Would you feel the same if a 5 star kid flipped and came here?

I get that people hate this, but in college football this is how it works.  The word commit is really the wrong term to use.

Yes. I believe in being honest and having ethical principles. Obviously some here don't, and so be it. The term "commitment" seems to have an alternative meaning in the recruiting world. That's a shame. So I agree, "commit" is the wrong term to use, but that genie won't ever go back in the bottle. Like a lot of stuff, I'll have to adjust to this new context. Too bad.

Just saw where an ecu "commit" has decided to come here. Don't like that, either.   
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

ProudNiner13

• Walk On
Reply #159 on: January 25, 2017, 10:43:03 am
When I first saw the news last night I was little upset but this morning I just feel sorry for the kid. He is going from the beaches of Florida to middle of nowhere Indiana, Indiana's best years are average at best and they still get blasted by the blue bloods, and skipped out on a official visit to Hawaii.
'

He could of came here and helped create something new/special but if a 130 years of football with 3 bowl wins impresses you, treat yo self.

I felt the same way last night and this morning about Tronti. We are better off without him. Klugh is still out guy and will be for at least 2 more years. Roof could be the future. Exciting things are happening for this program and this is still a solid recruiting class.
Hating the Tar Holes since '89

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #160 on: January 25, 2017, 10:48:26 am

"Moral superiority"? Thanks. It's what keeps society from flying apart into chaos.   

"Narrow perspective"? Yes it's called principles and ethics. Pretty narrow. 2 words. Important words. Look them up to widen your narrow ethics and principles.   
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 10:50:53 am by 49er1 »
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #161 on: January 25, 2017, 11:19:53 am
Can anyone confirm if Tyrhee Pratt enrolled in January as planned?

If so...losing Tronti won't sting as much. 
Pratt was the dual threat QB that signed here last year after committing to WV.

If he didn't have to go D2 or JUCO...and enrolled in January....we're in good shape at QB depth.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #162 on: January 25, 2017, 11:37:04 am
(11:33:12) NLP: JB Can anyone confirm if Tyrhee Pratt enrolled in January as planned?
(11:34:55) JB: He's not in there
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 11:39:28 am by NLP »
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #163 on: January 25, 2017, 12:40:41 pm
(11:33:12) NLP: JB Can anyone confirm if Tyrhee Pratt enrolled in January as planned?
(11:34:55)JB: He's not in there
"There" being the student directory.

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #164 on: January 25, 2017, 03:00:55 pm
I was with an ECU alum the past few days at a meeting and they were high on the QB that switch to us.  One reason he switch is ECU is recruiting a 4 star QB from Greenville that will be a senior in high school next year and it seems they may have the inside track on him.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #165 on: January 25, 2017, 03:55:46 pm
I was with an ECU alum the past few days at a meeting and they were high on the QB that switch to us.  One reason he switch is ECU is recruiting a 4 star QB from Greenville that will be a senior in high school next year and it seems they may have the inside track on him.

Aforementioned QB's dad is the PA guy for ECU athletics.
#bus1

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos