Author Topic: clt provides alumni #  (Read 1664 times)

cltniners

on: February 17, 2017, 09:57:48 am
 [size=0pt]Did you know that UNC-Charlotte has the most living alumni in Mecklenburg County? According to local alumni offices, UNCC has 35,000 living alumni in the county followed by UNC-Chapel Hill, 18,264; NC State, 9,100; Appalachian State, 8,838; South Carolina, 8,596; East Carolina, 4,673; Duke, 4,384; Clemson, 2,951; Davidson College, 1,471.[/size]

#sad

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 10:05:30 am
We cannot fill up our small stadium with 35k living in just Meck county.  How many lives in the surrounding counties?

Ninercentral

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 10:24:15 am
We have to build the connection when they are in school. If we don't, it won't matter if we have e 100,000 alums in the area.

We have to take a comprehensive approach to loyalty and build a brand that this is something special and something to be a part of.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 10:49:38 am
This starts with Soar and the first time we get kids on campus. We need to brainwash them to bleed green.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 11:12:10 am
This starts with Soar and the first time we get kids on campus. We need to brainwash them to bleed green.
SOAR is a good experience, but also so freakin corny. The cheers they make the new students do are pretty corny and not ones we do at any events. However, I agree they need to brainwash these kids into bleeding green.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 11:31:54 am
We have to build the connection when they are in school. If we don't, it won't matter if we have e 100,000 alums in the area.

We have to take a comprehensive approach to loyalty and build a brand that this is something special and something to be a part of.

SOAR is a good experience, but also so freakin corny. The cheers they make the new students do are pretty corny and not ones we do at any events. However, I agree they need to brainwash these kids into bleeding green.

All of this.

We need a brain washing Tsar and I volunteer myself for that position. Be more discerning in who we accept in order to up the % of students who actually graduate and do not drop out or transfer out. Underclassmen will have to stay on campus and freshmen cannot have a car. Spend more money on having more events on campus. Market the f*** out of athletic events. Propaganda, both on and off campus, the f**** out of our academic and research achievements. Change the name to University of Charlotte. Embrace the city more in our marketing. Ideally, and most likely not possible, but offer in state tuition to students in South Carolina or at least in York, Lancaster, Chester, Cherokee, and Union counties with a direct appeal to being an alternative to both Clemson and USC (because many kids do not feel like they fit in or want to go to either) and as an opportunity to go to school in the big city. Phase out the crown logo to a logo that has the city skyline on it and the crown somewhere in the logo. Start our own version of IPTAY. Focus on student retention and study what makes students feel more pride in our school and then invest heavily in it. Work hard to get a med school and or a law school. Rebrand like Belk did (Modern, Southern, Style) that differentiates us apart from others and emphasizes being a forward thinking city school in the south.

We still have a commuter school vibe, and partly because our administration sees us as that. We have to shed that and fully embrace an image of being a more robust university that people want to go to and stay and be a part of.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 11:33:50 am by Ben H »

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 12:57:16 pm
We cannot fill up our small stadium with 35k living in just Meck county.  How many lives in the surrounding counties?

You do not understand.  We do not fill our stadium because the students do not use their allotment.  Just ask Judy and she will explain it to you. 
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 01:24:14 pm

You do not understand.  We do not fill our stadium because the students do not use their allotment.  Just ask Judy and she will explain it to you.
Blame it on everyone/everything but herself and the administration/marketing departments lack of effort and care.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 01:35:59 pm

Well I don't need anyone to explain that to me.  I look across the stadium and can see that.
#unc-CHeatingPays

charlottewkndbuzz

• Walk On
Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 01:56:44 pm
I think the school should market the hell out of the new light-rail, which will be opening roughly August of this year.  To promote both, there needs to be a light-rail special.  Bring a valid round-trip ticket and receive $10 general admission ticket while supplies last. *round trip ticket would help prevent ppl just buying a one way ticket from the on campus or jw stop.*  We need to be creative to attract more ppl.  The numbers tell the story...sucks we can't pack that stadium every game.  Short term solution is to win.  Long term is new leadership with an innovative vision/passion for the school.

cltniners

Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 04:01:50 pm
I think the school should market the hell out of the new light-rail, which will be opening roughly August of this year.  To promote both, there needs to be a light-rail special.  Bring a valid round-trip ticket and receive $10 general admission ticket while supplies last. *round trip ticket would help prevent ppl just buying a one way ticket from the on campus or jw stop.*  We need to be creative to attract more ppl.  The numbers tell the story...sucks we can't pack that stadium every game.  Short term solution is to win.  Long term is new leadership with an innovative vision/passion for the school.

clt says the light rail station will be demolished this fall, and the design of the new station will begin in 2018.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 10:04:36 am

Well I don't need anyone to explain that to me.  I look across the stadium and can see that.
I attend every game, sadly most students still root for the team they had prior to coming to Charlotte over the Niners. At least that's what I've found out from talking to fellow students who don't go to the games.

FSL Owner

• Freshman
Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 10:27:46 am

I attend every game, sadly most students still root for the team they had prior to coming to Charlotte over the Niners. At least that's what I've found out from talking to fellow students who don't go to the games.

Those students are ignorant and will regret that decision when they are older. I am glad that we do have students like you.  We need more.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 11:16:59 am

Those students are ignorant and will regret that decision when they are older. I am glad that we do have students like you.  We need more.
They are ignorant I agree. Some use the mediocre excuse and what not which is just BS. We have got to get the students bleeding green from the second they start SOAR. Not sure how we do that, but we need to because if SOAR is still like what it was in 2014 when I went, it doesn't make you bleed green. At least their efforts aren't good enough

9ballNiner

• Walk On
Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 11:38:25 am

They are ignorant I agree. Some use the mediocre excuse and what not which is just BS. We have got to get the students bleeding green from the second they start SOAR. Not sure how we do that, but we need to because if SOAR is still like what it was in 2014 when I went, it doesn't make you bleed green. At least their efforts aren't good enough

Simply, win.  Continuous winning (in men's bb and fb) will put students and alumni in the seats and that makes everything much easier.  Oh yeah, winning in those sports also gets the community.  And no reason to have to "smooze" with community leaders.  They'll be "smoozing" with us.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 11:57:40 am
How many Rutgers fans do you know? They have been playing football longer than just about anyone. Winning is one of the most important ingredients for a rabid fan base.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 12:56:51 pm

Simply, win.  Continuous winning (in men's bb and fb) will put students and alumni in the seats and that makes everything much easier.  Oh yeah, winning in those sports also gets the community.  And no reason to have to "smooze" with community leaders.  They'll be "smoozing" with us.

this^^^
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos