Author Topic: Austin Duke signed by Panthers  (Read 24693 times)

Dowless

• Walk On
Reply #175 on: October 26, 2017, 11:15:01 am
Duke talking Niner football on WFNZ.

http://www.wfnz.com/articles/news/austin-duke-charlotte-49ers-program-coach-lambert-doing-it-right-way

I respect Austin and his points and his opinions.  He was given an opportunity by Lambert (who I think is a wonderful human being, just not so great a football coach) and I have no problem with him remaining loyal to him.  I also agree with him that we as fans need to be patient.
My problem with Lambert is that I don't see the improvement I'd like to see five years in.  Missed tackles, dumb penalties, blown coverages, poor special team play (with the exception of Arthur) and terrible play calling have not changed in five seasons.
He also doesn't see that attendance is down and we as fans are becoming apathetic to the program.  I don't mind losing, the program is new and will take time to build, but I want to lose smarter.
It was nice that we won a Saturday, but we still had 15 penalties (three declined), a terrible blown coverage on their td pass, and a terrible run up the middle on fourth and one in the opening drive.
The players made the plays we needed and the 2 point conversion call was gutsy and awesome, but I still left the game thinking we got away with one.

I would expect him to be loyal.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 11:19:47 am by Dowless »

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #176 on: October 27, 2017, 10:15:23 pm
Duke talking Niner football on WFNZ.

http://www.wfnz.com/articles/news/austin-duke-charlotte-49ers-program-coach-lambert-doing-it-right-way

I respect Austin and his points and his opinions.  He was given an opportunity by Lambert (who I think is a wonderful human being, just not so great a football coach) and I have no problem with him remaining loyal to him.  I also agree with him that we as fans need to be patient.
My problem with Lambert is that I don't see the improvement I'd like to see five years in.  Missed tackles, dumb penalties, blown coverages, poor special team play (with the exception of Arthur) and terrible play calling have not changed in five seasons.
He also doesn't see that attendance is down and we as fans are becoming apathetic to the program.  I don't mind losing, the program is new and will take time to build, but I want to lose smarter.
It was nice that we won a Saturday, but we still had 15 penalties (three declined), a terrible blown coverage on their td pass, and a terrible run up the middle on fourth and one in the opening drive.
The players made the plays we needed and the 2 point conversion call was gutsy and awesome, but I still left the game thinking we got away with one.

I would expect him to be loyal.
.        I see no mention of this on the board, but Austin was cut from practice squad again on Thursday.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos