Author Topic: Indoor Baseball and Softball Training Facilities  (Read 1558 times)

emf

• Senior
on: June 08, 2017, 02:45:19 pm

Design Services RFP for two training facilities, for baseball and softball.

The proposed projects are for the new construction of approximately 6,400 square feet for a
Baseball Indoor Training Facility, and approximately 5,400 square feet for a Softball Indoor
Training Facility. The proposed facilities are to improve and extend practice schedules to remain
competitive with other Conference USA peers. The Baseball training facility will be located
inside Hayes Stadium. The Softball training facility will be located adjacent to the softball field
and athletics field house along first base line. Design will require an assessment of space needs,
proposed design utilizing a pre-fabricated building structure, mechanical, electrical, and civil site
work. The Baseball project will include three 15 x 80 batting cages, and a warm-up area. The
Softball project will include four batting lanes, and a storage area. Designs will include site work.

Utilizing pre-fabricated building structures in design;
The Designer must be able to deliver complete bid documents prior to November 30, 2017.

The current budget for the Baseball Indoor Training Facility is $850,000, and the current budget
for the Softball Indoor Training Facility is $650,000. Both current budgets must provide for all
soft costs, including design fees, surveys, geotechnical services, and construction of the elements
described above.
http://facilities.uncc.edu/sites/facilities.uncc.edu/files/fields/advertisements/file/Baseball%20and%20Softball%20Designer%20RFP-1.pdf

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 03:07:46 pm
It is good to see the baseball facility project is moving forward.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 03:12:35 pm by Mr. Bojangles »

NinerAdvocate

Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 03:26:37 pm
Dare I ask a stupid question?

The proposed projects are for the new construction of approximately 6,400 square feet for a Baseball Indoor Training Facility...

The Baseball training facility will be located inside Hayes Stadium.

wait. wut?  ???

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 03:28:34 pm
Dare I ask a stupid question?

The proposed projects are for the new construction of approximately 6,400 square feet for a Baseball Indoor Training Facility...

The Baseball training facility will be located inside Hayes Stadium.

wait. wut?  ???
Foul territory down the right field line.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 03:31:00 pm

Design Services RFP for two training facilities, for baseball and softball.

The proposed projects are for the new construction of approximately 6,400 square feet for a
Baseball Indoor Training Facility, and approximately 5,400 square feet for a Softball Indoor
Training Facility. The proposed facilities are to improve and extend practice schedules to remain
competitive with other Conference USA peers. The Baseball training facility will be located
inside Hayes Stadium. The Softball training facility will be located adjacent to the softball field
and athletics field house along first base line. Design will require an assessment of space needs,
proposed design utilizing a pre-fabricated building structure, mechanical, electrical, and civil site
work. The Baseball project will include three 15 x 80 batting cages, and a warm-up area. The
Softball project will include four batting lanes, and a storage area. Designs will include site work.

Utilizing pre-fabricated building structures in design;
The Designer must be able to deliver complete bid documents prior to November 30, 2017.

The current budget for the Baseball Indoor Training Facility is $850,000, and the current budget
for the Softball Indoor Training Facility is $650,000. Both current budgets must provide for all
soft costs, including design fees, surveys, geotechnical services, and construction of the elements
described above.
http://facilities.uncc.edu/sites/facilities.uncc.edu/files/fields/advertisements/file/Baseball%20and%20Softball%20Designer%20RFP-1.pdf
So Hibbs had to raise the money for the baseball facility. Does that mean Devos raised the money for softball? (Rhetorical question)

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 05:25:32 pm
clt assumes a brick facade over the pre fab metal structure?

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 07:45:02 pm
"The current budget for the Baseball Indoor Training Facility is $850,000, and the current budget[/size]for the Softball Indoor Training Facility is $650,000. Both current budgets must provide for allsoft costs, including design fees, surveys, geotechnical services, and construction of the elementsdescribed above."

surely the budgets for the two facilities were reversed in this post, don't you think. 
otherwise, how did judy let that get by her?
"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 07:04:41 am
 clt says we need an underwater hitting cage next

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 07:49:35 am
Where have the teams been hitting all these years? Are we late to the party? Do most schools already have these indoor hitting facilities? I didn't know they even existed until this year.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 07:59:29 am
Where have the teams been hitting all these years? Are we late to the party? Do most schools already have these indoor hitting facilities? I didn't know they even existed until this year.
Yes we are years late. Yes most schools have these.

BigTymers99

• Walk On
Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 08:14:06 am

You can say "we are years late" on a number of things.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 09:18:14 am

Currently the team has to drive 30-40 minutes if they want to practice when it is raining.  I think there are some former players in the area that run indoor training facilities that help us out if they have availability.

Most college teams in the area have had indoor cages for years.  I know teams in the triangle area have had indoor cages since the early 90s.  They all have since upgraded to really nice facilities.  Now almost every HS travel team organization has an indoor facility. Everyone in C-USA has indoor facilities except for us and FIU.

Wake Forest is currently upgrading to a $14 million indoor facility.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:25:37 am by Mr. Bojangles »

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 09:34:14 am

Currently the team has to drive 30-40 minutes if they want to practice when it is raining.  I think there are some former players in the area that run indoor training facilities that help us out if they have availability.

Most college teams in the area have had indoor cages for years.  I know teams in the triangle area have had indoor cages since the early 90s.  They all have since upgraded to really nice facilities.  Now almost every HS travel team organization has an indoor facility. Everyone in C-USA has indoor facilities except for us and FIU.

Wake Forest is currently upgrading to a $14 million indoor facility.
Every day in January in Miami is 75 Degrees with no rain for FIU. Just about the same as it is here for us, I'd say. ::)

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #13 on: June 09, 2017, 10:27:29 am

Correct. It is just off I-485 near Stallings/Matthews. 

N1NER

• Junior
Reply #14 on: June 09, 2017, 10:40:24 am

Decades

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #15 on: June 10, 2017, 09:51:20 am
Sent an e mail to Coach Hibbs about this past season. His reply ended with "my hope is that we will be allowed to move every aspect of our program forward"
My inference was that there has been resistance to being allowed in the past. Thanks, Phil and Judy!

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos