Author Topic: clt floats a name  (Read 3545 times)

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #25 on: September 23, 2017, 10:30:29 pm
We should look at Brady Hoke.  He is currently the defensive line coach at Tennessee and I am sure everyone on that staff has their resumes updated.  Hoke doesn't have the greatest W/L stats, but he turned around Ball State and San Diego State before going to Michigan where he might have been in over his head.

That sounds interesting

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #26 on: September 23, 2017, 10:44:18 pm
We should look at Brady Hoke.  He is currently the defensive line coach at Tennessee and I am sure everyone on that staff has their resumes updated.  Hoke doesn't have the greatest W/L stats, but he turned around Ball State and San Diego State before going to Michigan where he might have been in over his head.

That sounds interesting

clt prefers a younger option

49erCC

• Sophomore
Reply #27 on: September 23, 2017, 11:30:13 pm
RUFFIN!!!!

Niner Cum Laude

• Walk On
Reply #28 on: September 23, 2017, 11:45:37 pm
Add names to the list because thinking of potential head coaches is the only positive thing I can do with the current status of the program.

Jim Leavitt: Right now at Oregon as Defensive Coordinator, was at Colorado last year in the same position and was the head coach at USF when he started up that program as a FBS transitional.  Turn USF into a national name, was ranked 2nd in the nation at one point in 07, and coached Jason Pierre-Paul of NYG, plus other pro players. Would be familiar how to coach FBS-transitional team, as he coached what I think was the first FBS-transitional team, recruited in a similar metro area; competing against larger area schools and other similar colleges for talent.  As a DC, he had Colorado in the Pac-12 championship game last year and the Buffs had a top secondary last year.  And he didn't leave USF for his head coaching record or the team's performance, he left for putting his hands on a player...

I would also throw out Tom Knotts name.  HC at Dutch Fork HS in SC, and was the HC at Independence here in Charlotte.  Know he is from high school level, but he is one of the area/nation top coaches and has been successful on a national scale (nationally ranked teams) on the prep level.  He is familiar with the area and should have a pretty good relationship with the coaches in the Carolinas when it comes to recruiting.  Many high school coaches can do a better job than what we currently have.

Also, we can see if Les Miles wants to get back into coaching. 

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #29 on: September 23, 2017, 11:56:51 pm
There is no way in hell Judy or CHP would consider Jim Leavitt.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #30 on: September 24, 2017, 01:11:17 am

Jamey Chadwell, former Charleston Southern head coach and current Coastal Carolina assistant coach.
http://www.goccusports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jamey_chadwell_1035245.html[/font]

Mike Minter, Campbell head coach.[/font]
http://gocamels.com/staff.aspx?staff=70    [/font]

Iron9er

• Senior Captain
Reply #31 on: September 24, 2017, 07:08:36 am

Jamey Chadwell, former Charleston Southern head coach and current Coastal Carolina assistant coach.
http://www.goccusports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jamey_chadwell_1035245.html[/font]

Mike Minter, Campbell head coach.[/font]
http://gocamels.com/staff.aspx?staff=70    [/font]

I was going to bring up chadwell.  Think he is interim hc at coastal now.  Believe he runs the triple option.
"Congrats. You guys beat our ass last night and it was a pretty pathetic performance on the glass and downlow." - StillJonesing - December 2, 2012.

BigTymers99

• Walk On
Reply #32 on: September 24, 2017, 07:19:01 am
None of this matters if Judy Rose is allowed to make the hire. Her track records speaks for itself. It's going to be hard to have any faith in someone she hires.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #33 on: September 24, 2017, 10:27:33 am
None of this matters if Judy Rose is allowed to make the hire. Her track records speaks for itself. It's going to be hard to have any faith in someone she hires.

I am hearing Judy has decided who the new football coach will be but I forgot the woman's name.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

bertholemew

• Walk On
Reply #34 on: September 24, 2017, 06:03:21 pm
I would love Ruffin. I grew up a UVa fan and loved what I saw from Ruffin as UVa's defensive coordinator. He could definitely hit the ground running when it comes to recruiting.

Dowless

• Walk On
Reply #35 on: September 24, 2017, 07:58:09 pm
You think Judy and Phil could handle Buddy Stephens from EMCC? He would light a fire in this team.

rtown49er

• Walk On
Reply #36 on: September 24, 2017, 08:19:08 pm
As others have mentioned...Mike Houston would be a homerun hire imho...I seriously wonder if he makes more at JMU than Lambert here.

If we are serious about football we offer him $$$$

On second thought...no way in hell he comes here.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 08:22:45 pm by rtown49er »

NinerAdvocate

Reply #37 on: September 24, 2017, 09:15:28 pm
As others have mentioned...Mike Houston would be a homerun hire imho...I seriously wonder if he makes more at JMU than Lambert here.

If we are serious about football we offer him $$$$

On second thought...no way in hell he comes here.

He absolutely would go FBS if the money was good.

He currently makes $375,000 yr. Redid his contract back in January. We could and would pay more. Probably 2x that.

Source: https://pilotonline.com/sports/college/elsewhere/football/stellar-first-season-nets-jmu-coach-mike-houston-bump-in/article_022b21e4-4cb2-5d80-9358-a9c0c400d389.html

NinerAdvocate

Reply #38 on: September 24, 2017, 09:25:44 pm
We need to hire Mike Houston yesterday. 45 years old, impeccable track record. Let's not make the mistake we made with Gregg Marshall in basketball. This guy could turn us around quickly.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Houston_(American_football)

Look at all his accolades:

Head coaching record
Overall   5920

Accomplishments and honors

Championships
FCS National Championship (2016)
CAA (2016)
SoCon (2015)
3 South Atlantic (20112013)

Awards

SoCon Coach of the Year: 2015
SAC Coach of the Year: 2011, 2012, 2013