Author Topic: FIRE LAMBERT!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 35915 times)

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #425 on: November 12, 2017, 08:01:26 pm
I think it is time for Lambert to go, and I want us to hire a coach that has a track record of head coaching success indicative of what we want for our next step.  My fear is this will cost us $800,000-$1,000,000 per year, and to achieve our goals, this Head Coach may need more money for assistants than we currently spend.  On top of this, we may have to write Lambert a $250,000 check for each of the next two years.  Can we afford this at this time?  I don't know.  The case can be made we cannot afford not to.  I guess I hope that Exponential Campaign money is coming our way soon.

We canít afford to keep him. How many tickets are we going to sell next season and how many more people are going to contribute to the 49er Club?

This isn't even about more, it's about stopping the bleeding. 

It happened with Major and it's happening with Lambert. 

Judy is legit running this entire department into the ground.
Mahna Mahna

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #426 on: November 12, 2017, 09:19:03 pm
I think it is time for Lambert to go, and I want us to hire a coach that has a track record of head coaching success indicative of what we want for our next step.  My fear is this will cost us $800,000-$1,000,000 per year, and to achieve our goals, this Head Coach may need more money for assistants than we currently spend.  On top of this, we may have to write Lambert a $250,000 check for each of the next two years.  Can we afford this at this time?  I don't know.  The case can be made we cannot afford not to.  I guess I hope that Exponential Campaign money is coming our way soon.

We canít afford to keep him. How many tickets are we going to sell next season and how many more people are going to contribute to the 49er Club?

This isn't even about more, it's about stopping the bleeding. 

It happened with Major and it's happening with Lambert. 

Judy is legit running this entire department into the ground.

Regarding needing to pay a good football coach more, we can pay our women's coaches less.  I know at one time they were paid a much better percentage when compared to the national average than that of our mens' coaches when compared to national averages.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #427 on: November 12, 2017, 11:58:39 pm
Haha, 49r9r forgot who our Ad is.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #428 on: November 13, 2017, 10:03:06 am
We are the worst FBS program in the United States, period. It is a holy miracle we won a game.

We all said we'd be pissed if we ended up like Georgia state and we are worse.

We have to stop moving the goalposts and keep expressing how pissed off we are. This is not ok, and apathy will make it ok.

Nope. Apathy is all I can muster.

I'm just here for the camraderie.

Wahoo Wa.
DUCK FAVIDSON

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Walk On
Reply #429 on: November 13, 2017, 11:09:30 am

Wahoo Wa.

Right there with you, man.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #430 on: November 13, 2017, 01:15:09 pm

Wahoo Wa.

Right there with you, man.

clt is just here for the hot takes

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #431 on: November 13, 2017, 01:19:42 pm

FAUOwlsley

• Walk On
Reply #432 on: November 13, 2017, 01:34:23 pm

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #433 on: November 13, 2017, 02:09:08 pm
#bus1

ghostofclt

• Sophomore

FAUOwlsley

• Walk On

charlotte004

• Walk On
Reply #436 on: November 19, 2017, 12:54:27 pm
Whether he has been a head coach or not, unless it's a "name," I want a young guy.  Someone that creates things like the "turnover chain" at the U.  Lambert makes me sleepy.  Zero excitement.  I want young, excited, bright eyed and bushy tailed coach, who will work his ass off to make something happen.  Lambert looks more checked out than the players.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #437 on: November 19, 2017, 05:48:31 pm
clt says Jim Mora is available.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #438 on: November 19, 2017, 05:55:19 pm
There so many coaches being fired that would be huge upgrades from Lambert.

49erCC

• Sophomore
Reply #439 on: November 19, 2017, 06:48:50 pm
problem is we are under the thumb of unc board of governors and they are just fine with our AD sucking

charlotte004

• Walk On
Reply #440 on: November 19, 2017, 08:17:00 pm
It's fun reading about Tennessee, Florida, UCLA firing head coaches because fans/boosters/AD's will not except mediocrity.  Yeah, we're not those schools, it doesn't mean we have to accept mediocrity though.  Or in our case, being the worst team in FBS.  If Lambert is not fired after this season, we should all accept losing.  That is our mission statement.  Just lose baby!

punchdrunk

• Walk On
Reply #441 on: November 19, 2017, 08:40:31 pm
problem is we are under the thumb of unc board of governors and they are just fine with our AD sucking
This is so important.  They love the fail. 

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #442 on: November 19, 2017, 08:48:27 pm
UNC couldn't stop us from CUSA 1.0 or from starting football.  What they want and what we can do are are different.  f*** them.  We just need leaders with that attitude.
Mahna Mahna

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #443 on: November 19, 2017, 08:48:56 pm
It's fun reading about Tennessee, Florida, UCLA firing head coaches because fans/boosters/AD's will not except mediocrity.  Yeah, we're not those schools, it doesn't mean we have to accept mediocrity though.  Or in our case, being the worst team in FBS.  If Lambert is not fired after this season, we should all accept losing.  That is our mission statement.  Just lose baby!

Nov 27 is the Monday after the final football game.  Hopefully we know something then. 
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

BigTymers99

• Walk On
Reply #444 on: November 19, 2017, 09:26:44 pm

Nov 27 is the Monday after the final football game.  Hopefully we know something then.
Smart schools that know a
Move must be made do it now. Meanwhile, Judy and Phil and their thumbs up their asses.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #445 on: November 19, 2017, 09:53:56 pm
So here is something to think about. IF Judy is considering leaving on her own there is no way she fires Lambert and hires a new coach.  She would leave that for the new AD.  If she fires Brad it means she's gonna be here at least another full year unless people turn on her.
Mahna Mahna

MEGRNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #446 on: November 19, 2017, 10:50:29 pm
So here is something to think about. IF Judy is considering leaving on her own there is no way she fires Lambert and hires a new coach.  She would leave that for the new AD.  If she fires Brad it means she's gonna be here at least another full year unless people turn on her.

Thanks pal............. As if I needed another reason to drink on a Sunday night

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #447 on: November 19, 2017, 11:29:54 pm

I donít think they give us the slightest thought anymore. There several UNC system schools that have far better football and basketball programs than us.

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #448 on: November 20, 2017, 12:34:30 am
You all know if Judy fires Lambert she is going to pick another mediocre coach right? 

Maybe another long time assistant at a big school who is ready to take the reigns of their own team!

Or better yet, maybe someone who had a great career in the NFL!!

punchdrunk

• Walk On
Reply #449 on: November 20, 2017, 04:35:34 am

I donít think they give us the slightest thought anymore. There several UNC system schools that have far better football and basketball programs than us.

I am 100% positive UNC has helped keep us down.  It's not opinion.  There is a chain of command like any organization.  They absolutely love us failing in sports.  If we were where we should/could  be (USF, ucf, Memphis) then we severely damage UNC and NCSU sports.  There are legacy brands being protected and Judy gets A++ in that regard. 

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos