Author Topic: Our Terrible Shuttle Experience  (Read 1119 times)

Ninercentral

• MemberPF
  • Senior
on: September 18, 2017, 11:01:28 am
So we have been silver lot folks since the inception of football. As most of you know, we were involuntarily relocated from the lot at the terminus of the light rail, to the edge of campus at Martin Village.

We arrived and saw a folding board sign for a shuttle stop. Good first step I thought.

Well, the shuttle was supposed to come to silver first, then make a lap and pick up people at the other lots. Silver is far and away the greatest distance from the stadium, so it makes sense that our need for space on the shuttles should be paramount.

Well, instead, the shuttles that arrived before kickoff were jam packed full of people from other stops. Big crowds waited for shuttle after shuttle to try to get to the stadium. The last big group got on right at 6:00 and we thought we would wait and catch the next one since we had an infant with us.

Little did we know that the next shuttle would not arrive for another half an hour. We literally waited from 6:00 until 6:30 for the next shuttle. Not sure why - it's a 3 mile loop.

When we finally did catch the 6:30 shuttle, they dropped us off below the baseball stadium. The driver told us in a very rude voice that this was the final stop. No explanation why we weren't being taken to the stadium, just get the hell off the bus here.

When the wife and I went to leave, we walked to where we were told was the final stop, and waited. And waited. And watched a bus drive past us. Watched another one. Then we decided to walk. We got past the student union before another bus was driving by that we flagged down. They let us on, but when we asked if they were going to the silver lot, the driver replied that he didn't know.

This is not what I paid for. The whole thing was, AS USUAL, a freaking disaster. This is simple stuff. I'm over it.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 11:09:56 am
Yeah I wish I was surprised that the shuttle was a disaster, but I am not.
Mahna Mahna

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 01:06:36 pm
Niner Central, you need to do a better job of managing your expectations.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

mojoniner

• Walk On
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 01:36:22 pm
I had some friends who went to other colleges attend the game Saturday and they laughed about parking/tailgating in decks and not having lots near the stadium.

NinerAdvocate

Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 01:45:45 pm
The parking deck adjacent to Neyland is one of the more expensive places to park.

The surface lots nearby are better, but most people have to park upwards of a mile away from the stadium, wherever they can find a place.

I think the only problem with our parking is not having a single square/rectangular lot or field for prime tailgating right outside the stadium. Like what the students have, or what the black lot used to be.

mojoniner

• Walk On
Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 01:55:01 pm
The parking deck adjacent to Neyland is one of the more expensive places to park.

The surface lots nearby are better, but most people have to park upwards of a mile away from the stadium, wherever they can find a place.

I think the only problem with our parking is not having a single square/rectangular lot or field for prime tailgating right outside the stadium. Like what the students have, or what the black lot used to be.

Black lot was awesome

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 04:21:08 pm
clt says the challenger was a terrible shuttle experience.

sorry for your inconvenience.

Ninercentral

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 08:53:29 am
Fair is fair. Shuttle update: we had a really good experience yesterday. The only downside was they didn't start running 2 hours before the game like the sign says, but that doesn't impact me.

Pickup was timely, our drivers were nice, got dropped off at the football stadium this time (shocker) and we got a quick return route. The routes we're designated by name and colored paper on the buses too. Major improvement. Kudos to them for fixing it.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 10:38:04 am
Fair is fair. Shuttle update: we had a really good experience yesterday. The only downside was they didn't start running 2 hours before the game like the sign says, but that doesn't impact me.

Pickup was timely, our drivers were nice, got dropped off at the football stadium this time (shocker) and we got a quick return route. The routes we're designated by name and colored paper on the buses too. Major improvement. Kudos to them for fixing it.
Nice to hear, thanks for sharing. 

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos