Author Topic: new email to judy  (Read 2084 times)

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
on: September 23, 2017, 07:39:20 pm
I apologize for being so persistent with my emails but the product that we are putting on the field in football is an embarrassment. we are almost blown out at home by an fcs team last week and now we are losing at home to a terrible georgia state team. This coaching staff clearly cannot coach and has no vision on how to improve the program. At what point do we make a change? If we go winless, will that be enough? With the way things are going, that appears to be how this season will end. As a longtime, and passionate fan, I am very concerned about the future of the football team. I do not want our program to become even more of a laughingstock

NinerAdvocate

Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 09:35:47 pm
I just whipped up an email to Judy as well:

Managed Expectations. f*** you and this phrase. I am never spending another penny on this program until it is purged of your stink. You have ruined something I used to love, and I loathe you for doing so. Go to hell.

Niner17

• Walk On
Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 09:44:36 pm

Managed Expectations. f*** you and this phrase. I am never spending another penny on this program until it is purged of your stink. You have ruined something I used to love, and I loathe you for doing so. Go to hell.

I was just about to ask if I should be worried about the University rescinding my degree if they didn't like anything in my email I'm sending. I'm not worried anymore. Thanks NA!

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 09:46:45 pm

The sad part is....she ruined basketball long before this but the new car smell of football covered that up far too long.
I could even handle sucky ass football if our basketball program was still borderline top 25 and in the Dance every year. 

So I find myself at the same place NA... I used to be a vocally proud alumni and eager supporter of athletics...but she now has completely ruined that for me too with the destruction of the long standing success of the basketball program and the ability to total the shiny new car (football) after just 4 years as well.

Dumpster fire may not be a strong enough analogy for where we are now.

Thanks Judy!
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 09:56:13 pm
What is her mailing address?

Niner17

• Walk On
Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 10:02:54 pm

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 10:06:27 pm
I'm not going to post it here, but you can find anyone's mailing address in property tax records.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 10:11:53 pm
I'm not going to post it here, but you can find anyone's mailing address in property tax records.

Her school address?

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 10:13:02 pm

clt says just have a llc own the house with a po box.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 10:48:30 pm
It has been pointed out in the past that messages to CHP and Judy won't accomplish anything. You have to reach out to the BOT. CHP doesn't like that.

Niner17

• Walk On
Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 10:59:46 pm
Part of my email to the BoT

"...In fact, every single Conference USA member, except for Charlotte, has made a change in Athletics Director within the last 7 years. 12 out of 14 schools have made a coaching change in basketball. Charlotte only hired a new basketball coach because of health complications (not because he only won 49% of the time as a coach here). 9 out of 14 schools in the conference have made a coaching change in football in the last 5 years. 4 out of those 5 schools that have kept their coaches have sustained successful programs (ODU, Rice, MTSU, Marshall), the fifth school, Charlotte..."

I also added that Liberty has as many FBS wins in the last 6 years as we do in 5 (4). We have played twice as many FBS teams...

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 11:02:55 pm
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 11:06:21 pm by Niner National »

charlotte004

• Walk On
Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 11:16:40 pm
Part of my email to the BoT

"...In fact, every single Conference USA member, except for Charlotte, has made a change in Athletics Director within the last 7 years. 12 out of 14 schools have made a coaching change in basketball. Charlotte only hired a new basketball coach because of health complications (not because he only won 49% of the time as a coach here). 9 out of 14 schools in the conference have made a coaching change in football in the last 5 years. 4 out of those 5 schools that have kept their coaches have sustained successful programs (ODU, Rice, MTSU, Marshall), the fifth school, Charlotte..."

I also added that Liberty has as many FBS wins in the last 6 years as we do in 5 (4). We have played twice as many FBS teams...

Wow! Every school in our conference has made a change with their AD in the last 7 years, except us. THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES! Rose has been around since '92? Usually you stick around that long when you win multiple national championships. Let's see, we did go to the men's soccer national championship game a few years back. That's worth what, 20 extra years?

NinerAdvocate

Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 11:33:11 pm
Rose has been around since at least 1990. She was there when I got there.

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 12:32:19 am
Rose has been around since at least 1990. She was there when I got there.

Much longer than that:

Rose joined the Charlotte 49ers program in 1975 as women's basketball and tennis coach.

jfickett

Reply #16 on: September 24, 2017, 08:20:24 am
Was told my last email to the BOT was too long and flowery (probably true). So for my next round of catharsis without expecting a response, I fired off this simple and straightforward email to judy cc-ing phil last night on the way home:

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #17 on: September 24, 2017, 08:39:05 am
Was told my last email to the BOT was too long and flowery (probably true). So for my next round of catharsis without expecting a response, I fired off this simple and straightforward email to judy cc-ing phil last night on the way home:

clt advises you to charge your battery.

Dowless

• Walk On
Reply #18 on: September 24, 2017, 08:47:43 am

clt advises you to charge your battery.

The low battery is likely due to the crap cell service on campus.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #19 on: September 24, 2017, 10:19:53 am
Was told my last email to the BOT was too long and flowery (probably true).

All of you need to keep these emails short, concise, and to the point.  You may want to emphasize the school's return on investment for what we are paying Judy.  It's ok to use bullet points when listing reasons to clean house.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:22:28 am by 49r9r »
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 12:04:03 pm
 Here is mine-

Members of the University Board of Trustees:

I submit you each of you the time has come to make a change at the Athletic Director position at the University.  I write to you fresh off football losing back to back home games to an FCS opponent, and an FBS opponent who was viewed as one of the worst in the country prior to their 28-0 shellacking of our team.  The football team is emblematic of the entire Athletic program at Charlotte. We are happy to exist, nothing more. We operate in an environment where winning doesnít appear to be a key component of what is defined as success. UNC Charlotte recently became the 3rd largest university in the state, its high time we acted like it.

Quite candidly, Iím not sure how the leadership team of the University can look the student body in the eyes and say with any conviction their fees are being prudently managed. Each full time student is paying in excess of $800.00 annually to support this program- total fees that will soon approach $25,000,000.00. What exactly are they getting in return? What is their ROI? How has their student experience been improved? Students certainly have nice facilities to attend events; however the results of those events have been poor in the revenue sports.  Since the Menís basketball team last made the NCAA tournament in 2002, 227 different programs have participated in March Madness. Football, while still young has seen similarly situated conference peers such as Old Dominion and UTSA, and regional foe Georgia State all play in bowl games.  While we werenít expecting bowl games year in and year out, winning a home game didnít appear to much of an ask. This staff has lost 12 if the 14 homes games we have played as an FBS member, and have yet to beat an FBS foe at home. Part of me wants to say ďgive it some timeĒ, but my pragmatic side points to the 12 year (and counting) demise of the basketball program as the prime reason we need to act now.   

I ask each of you to lean on you collective experiences in corporate America when considering how your employer would respond to such a protracted regression? The chancellor has not required any standard that includes winning in defining success; I hope you can.

Regards,

Niner17

• Walk On
Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 12:11:17 pm
I just sent my email to the BoT and AD this past weekend. Realistically though, what is/are the next      step(s)? Keep emailing until we get a response or just wait out the season and hope changes are made at the end?

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #22 on: September 25, 2017, 12:19:21 pm
I just sent my email to the BoT and AD this past weekend. Realistically though, what is/are the next      step(s)? Keep emailing until we get a response or just wait out the season and hope changes are made at the end?

At what point can we say it's okay to riot?
DUCK FAVIDSON

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos