Author Topic: FIU Pregame  (Read 2957 times)

chidave

• Junior
on: September 27, 2017, 02:38:15 pm
Opening Line: FIU -10 1/2

Kickoff: 7:00 est

TV: BeIN

FIU is 2-1, they've played one team that is good (UCF) and were obliterated 61-17. They've played two teams that are not very good (Alcorn St and Rice) and squeaked by them both (17-10,13-7). This was one of the most frustrating games for me last year because it appeared we were more talented and let them steal one from us. Unfortunately we are not as good a team as we were last year so even with the OC change I can't pick us to win. It's hard to get last year's game out of my mind though, so like Babylon 5 this might be our last best hope for victory.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 03:06:22 pm by chidave »

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 02:49:47 pm
I saw FIU at -12.5 to start. Ready to see what the offense looks like and if there is a QB change or rotation.

charlottewkndbuzz

• Walk On
Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 02:54:10 pm
Opening Line: FIU -10 1/2

Kickoff: 7:00 est

TV: ? Anyone know if this is on CUSATV? I'm just seeing it as audio but I thought this type of game was the whole point of CUSATV.

I think it is on beIN network, which is TWC/Spectrum channel 417.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 03:05:13 pm
Holy cow you're right, it is on BeIN. That's great news, modified original post. Thanks for the heads-up.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 03:05:25 pm
To save time later, we lose this game and all the ones after. The end.  >:D
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.”
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 03:44:02 pm
My hope is FIU parties all week and doesn’t take this game seriously. By some miracle we learn how to play offense and we pull off a shocking victory in front of their five fans in attendance.

This should be a revenge game from that fourth quarter implosion for last season at the Rich.

BigTymers99

• Walk On
Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 04:15:53 pm
My hope is FIU parties all week and doesn’t take this game seriously. By some miracle we learn how to play offense and we pull off a shocking victory in front of their five fans in attendance.

This should be a revenge game from that fourth quarter implosion for last season at the Rich.

Ahh, another wonderful home FBS memory

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 04:36:28 pm
clt says this game is on Bein.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 05:05:53 pm

Yep kept playing hurry up instead of eating some clock. Inexcusable. Bad coaching. We were screaming from the stands to use some clock but no and we f***ing blow it.
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.”
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

Dowless

• Walk On
Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 05:26:28 pm
This is the game that you will be able to point at to say either the players played hard for their coach or quit on him.  If they didn't know he was on the hot seat before they should know now.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 05:38:18 pm

Yep kept playing hurry up instead of eating some clock. Inexcusable. Bad coaching. We were screaming from the stands to use some clock but no and we f***ing blow it.

That literally was a wtf moment.

I couldn't believe I was watching a collegiate level coaching staff make that decision to stay in hurry up mode instead of protecting the lead and shortening the game.  Truly unreal.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 05:48:08 pm

I couldn't believe I was watching a collegiate level coaching staff make that decision to stay in hurry up mode instead of protecting the lead and shortening the game.  Truly unreal.

28-3

It happens in pros too.
Mahna Mahna

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 07:55:02 pm
clt should be at the tailgate by 2:25

chidave

• Junior
Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 09:09:47 pm

Anxious to see what's the "changes" to the offense will be.

LzeroKI

• Walk On
Reply #14 on: September 27, 2017, 10:02:25 pm

In no way am I defending Lambert/Mullen, but in the post game interview last weekend (where Lambert was apparently saying things that made it clear that we'd make a change at OC) Lambert said "maybe we shouldn't be running the hurry up". First time I ever heard someone from the coaching staff even bring up that possibility. I hope it happens.

Also, didn't I see some fair catches on punts last week too?

It is unfortunate that these are possible positive take-aways from a coach whose been running this show for 5 years....

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 10:08:59 pm
FIU is an Adidas school.  Maybe tomorrow they will arrest the coaches.  We have a chance.
#unc-CHeatingPays

CivilNiner

• Walk On
Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 11:29:16 pm
I don't think we go 0-12 and this is a game we can win. After the start we've had I actually feel optimistic about this game. We always play better on the road. As mentioned, its somewhat of a revenge game and I think the team responds well to the cosching change.

Niners win 26-23.

Alumni93

• Walk On
Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 08:45:52 am
So lambert said same offensive system, scaled back , just a different person calling plays?

After seeing how the team had quit last week with their lack of effort, I'm not predicting a win.  My only question would be , do we score more then 7 points ?

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #18 on: September 28, 2017, 08:47:26 am
I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 09:13:33 am
We're a road team, we know that.

ice_cold49er

• Sophomore
Reply #20 on: September 28, 2017, 09:37:58 am
So lambert said same offensive system, scaled back , just a different person calling plays?

After seeing how the team had quit last week with their lack of effort, I'm not predicting a win.  My only question would be , do we score more then 7 points ?

Yeah, I'm just wondering how we are going to score with a scaled back offensive system (which was already pretty basic, according to some analysts) that couldn't score before.

The Things I Would Always Like To See From 49ers Mens Basketball:

1. Good young men with good character.

2. Actually be taught good fundamental defense.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #21 on: September 28, 2017, 09:42:31 am
Maybe what they are scaling back is some of the routes Klugh has struggled to connect on in an effort to reduce turnovers. We won't know until Saturday.

trickynbc

• Freshman
  • BSEE 2010, I Wanna Go Fast!
Reply #22 on: September 28, 2017, 09:45:40 am
Hate to say, but at this point would rather everything explode to ensure change for next year.
"Why not pick Charlotte?" - Joe Thompson

ice_cold49er

• Sophomore
Reply #23 on: September 28, 2017, 09:46:55 am
Maybe what they are scaling back is some of the routes Klugh has struggled to connect on in an effort to reduce turnovers. We won't know until Saturday.

Yes, true.  Hopefully they are getting rid of some of the routes that didn't work for us (like the all the way across field 3 to 5 yard out route).   ;D
The Things I Would Always Like To See From 49ers Mens Basketball:

1. Good young men with good character.

2. Actually be taught good fundamental defense.

BigTymers99

• Walk On
Reply #24 on: September 28, 2017, 09:56:00 am
Three FBS games our offense has produced 7, 7 and 0 points. How many times will we score more than 10 points the rest of the way?

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos