Author Topic: clt starts the Marshall postgame chat page  (Read 3007 times)

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #25 on: October 09, 2017, 08:44:17 am
Guy said pilot called and told him couldn't fly in that weather. Hoping for another game later this year. Some claim he is a troll while others believe him.

Hopefully not trolling  I did see where a banner flew at the ECU game this past weekend; however, the weather could have been better further east.......

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #26 on: October 09, 2017, 09:34:24 am
There was no way a banner could fly here on Saturday.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #27 on: October 09, 2017, 09:53:31 am
Guy said pilot called and told him couldn't fly in that weather. Hoping for another game later this year. Some claim he is a troll while others believe him.

Hopefully not trolling  I did see where a banner flew at the ECU game this past weekend; however, the weather could have been better further east.......

The poster claiming he was getting the banner flown has been posting on this board for a few years and has been pretty active in the football threads.  Even so, he could have possibly still been trolling.  Hopefully he will be able to get a banner at another game and remove all doubt.

Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

jdub49er

• Walk On
Reply #28 on: October 09, 2017, 10:55:47 am
I agree Adkins might be slightly better but this scenario- 1st and goal from the 15 in the 4th.  He hands the ball off.  Wasted play.  Throw the ball to the end zone 4 times to Bostic or Ford and let them try to win the one on one battle.  That's our only shot of scoring right there. 
And for God's sake give Barden a chance.  We need to know if he's better than Thompson or Roof going into next year.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #29 on: October 09, 2017, 11:14:38 am
Saw some paper bag heads out on Saturday.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #30 on: October 09, 2017, 11:26:04 am
I agree Adkins might be slightly better but this scenario- 1st and goal from the 15 in the 4th.  He hands the ball off.  Wasted play.  Throw the ball to the end zone 4 times to Bostic or Ford and let them try to win the one on one battle.  That's our only shot of scoring right there. 
And for God's sake give Barden a chance.  We need to know if he's better than Thompson or Roof going into next year.

Only problem with this is that Barden is more of a pocket passer and our o-line has been very disappointing. We need a runner back there with that line. I would almost rather see what Thompson could do. I know he was supposed to be a mobile qb. Maybe he also has a better arm than Klugh?

jdub49er

• Walk On
Reply #31 on: October 09, 2017, 11:30:53 am
Yea I would be fine with Thompson.  Whoever is next in line, let's give it a shot.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 11:47:17 am
From the observer:

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #33 on: October 09, 2017, 12:56:50 pm
From the observer:

clt asks how to make said hat?

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #34 on: October 09, 2017, 01:00:17 pm
From the observer:

clt asks how to make said hat?
2k recommends paper bags for CLT. Plastic causes too much condensation, your copy my bleed over time.

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #35 on: October 09, 2017, 06:52:03 pm
Barden? 
Klugh's terrible, but Braden's next level bad.

My three takeaways.
1.  DL isn't great, but isn't the problem.  Lb's and DB's are worse.
2.  Hart is the deal.  Let him kick.  If he keeps this up, he'll be our only all conference player.
3.  We didn't get killed as bad as thought we would and if a couple of things had gone right.....

FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

bckicker3

• Walk On
Reply #36 on: October 09, 2017, 07:41:53 pm

The poster claiming he was getting the banner flown has been posting on this board for a few years and has been pretty active in the football threads.  Even so, he could have possibly still been trolling.  Hopefully he will be able to get a banner at another game and remove all doubt.

Thank you for the support. The next targeted game is HC which should have the most impact. Can we have some good weather this time???

For the guy who first accused me of being a troll.....fickett or whatever your name is....why don't you get out and do something to help with the cause? It would be better than running your mouth on a message board to SOMEONE WHO IS TRYING TO HELP!!! Print some flyers or SOMETHING! You don't know me. I'm the person who is stepping up to do this and thats all you can say? Thats really lame bro! Now go print those flyers....

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #37 on: October 09, 2017, 08:05:17 pm
you know what?  I like you kicker.  This place needed some new blood.
I hope your banner flies high and mighty. 

If you get it done, I'd say you're a better fan than all of us, because we've been talking about this for years, and nobody has done anything. 

Good on ya. 
#bus1

Ninercentral

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #38 on: October 09, 2017, 08:05:38 pm

Thank you for the support. The next targeted game is HC which should have the most impact. Can we have some good weather this time???

For the guy who first accused me of being a troll.....fickett or whatever your name is....why don't you get out and do something to help with the cause? It would be better than running your mouth on a message board to SOMEONE WHO IS TRYING TO HELP!!! Print some flyers or SOMETHING! You don't know me. I'm the person who is stepping up to do this and thats all you can say? Thats really lame bro! Now go print those flyers....

Well he lives in Florida... So...

bckicker3

• Walk On
Reply #39 on: October 09, 2017, 08:21:27 pm

So then he can start looking for retirement communities for Judy and send her some brochures!

jfickett

Reply #40 on: October 09, 2017, 09:04:43 pm

So then he can start looking for retirement communities for Judy and send her some brochures!

When you first announced this in the shoutbox, I offered to chip in cash.  You declined.

When Ninerfan2012 tried to organize this last time, I chipped in $50.  He'll verify. (He politely refunded my money after not enough folks contributed).

I'd love to be wrong.  Please feel free to make me so.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:43:13 pm by jfickett »

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #41 on: October 09, 2017, 09:44:37 pm
clt says Oregon state fired their hc

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #42 on: October 10, 2017, 09:33:08 am

I don't know you from Adam's house cat. You could be the real deal, you could be a troll. I'm not going to pass judgement either way, and will always give you the benefit of a doubt until proven otherwise.

That said, going after Fickett makes you look like a troll. If you want to blame him for something, blame him for the fact that you have a shitty football program to be pissed off about. Without guys like him, NWA, 49rFBN, and a host of others that put in a shitton of work to force the AD's hand, you wouldn't have an atrocious football program to get your skivvies twisted over.

So, yeah, f*** you Fick. We could be bored as hell waiting for basketball to come up short of expectations once again, but y'all had to f*** around and get us a football team to be embarrassed by. It's all your fault.
DUCK FAVIDSON

jfickett

Reply #43 on: October 10, 2017, 10:02:20 am

I don't know you from Adam's house cat. You could be the real deal, you could be a troll. I'm not going to pass judgement either way, and will always give you the benefit of a doubt until proven otherwise.

That said, going after Fickett makes you look like a troll. If you want to blame him for something, blame him for the fact that you have a shitty football program to be pissed off about. Without guys like him, NWA, 49rFBN, and a host of others that put in a shitton of work to force the AD's hand, you wouldn't have an atrocious football program to get your skivvies twisted over.

So, yeah, f*** you Fick. We could be bored as hell waiting for basketball to come up short of expectations once again, but y'all had to f*** around and get us a football team to be embarrassed by. It's all your fault.

This is a fair criticism.  You're welcome.  And I'm sorry.  Both can be true.

bckicker3

• Walk On
Reply #44 on: October 10, 2017, 10:04:25 am

When you first announced this in the shoutbox, I offered to chip in cash.  You declined.

When Ninerfan2012 tried to organize this last time, I chipped in $50.  He'll verify. (He politely refunded my money after not enough folks contributed).

The banner will fly my man, I promise. If it does not fly by the end of the season, you guys can give me hell. All I ask for now is time and some good weather. I'll keep you updated....

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #45 on: October 10, 2017, 10:10:22 am

The banner will fly my man, I promise. If it does not fly by the end of the season, you guys can give me hell. All I ask for now is time and some good weather. I'll keep you updated....

clt says to fly it at night, less wind.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos