Author Topic: WKU post-mortem  (Read 1962 times)

Run49er

• Chancellor
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 09:40:21 pm by Run49er »

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 10:14:59 pm
Did anybody actually watch?  If so, I'm sorry, but how did barden look?
#bus1

chidave

• Junior
Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 10:37:03 pm
He was a inaccurate on the deeper balls early and Adkins seemed scared to push it down the field with him after the INT (which is understandable). He did have a nice run and a block on one of the TDS. I guess he looked “ok” overall.

MEGRNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 10:41:53 pm
Did I read this correctly???????  WKU's starting QB did not play today?  So their 2nd string QB scored 5 TDs in the first half today and then handed the reins to the 3rd string in the 2nd half?

Rob, I'm definitely coming to tailgate with you in the Blue Lot next week after kickoff.

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 11:09:29 pm
Matt white is their qb and won the conference title last season.  We lost to a fringe level NFL guy today.

We had no chance to win before the game started and King's injury took away one of the rare competent defensive players we have.  I'm not mad at our guys as I think the 89 yard run is something to build on and we lost enormous amount of players before this game was played. 

Like it or not, Klugh is the best option we have.

I'll be in next week.  I'd love to meet Jarvis,if he is at the Normbulance.

Did I read this correctly? ??? ???  WKU's starting QB did not play today?  So their 2nd string QB scored 5 TDs in the first half today and then handed the reins to the 3rd string in the 2nd half?

Rob, I'm definitely coming to tailgate with you in the Blue Lot next week after kickoff.
FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

chidave

• Junior
Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 11:22:53 pm
http://amp.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article178957471.html

“We’ve got to look at what we’re doing and put a lid on it.” -- Charlotte coach Brad Lambert

Yup. I agree 100%, then take that container, give it to the strongest arm on our baseball team, and have him toss it as far as he can off Wrightsville Beach.

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 11:26:45 pm
Matt white is their qb and won the conference title last season.  We lost to a fringe level NFL guy today.

Did I read this correctly? ??? ???  WKU's starting QB did not play today?  So their 2nd string QB scored 5 TDs in the first half today and then handed the reins to the 3rd string in the 2nd half?
White had a breakout season last year after transferring to WKU from South Florida. Finished 2016 with 37 TDs thrown (vs only 7 INTs) and 4,363 yards passing. Coming into today's game, he had only thrown 2 TDs the entire 2017 season!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 11:31:22 pm by Run49er »

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 12:17:06 am

“We’ve got to look at what we’re doing and put a lid on it.” -- Charlotte coach Brad Lambert

Yup. I agree 100%, then take that container, give it to the strongest arm on our baseball team, and have him toss it as far as he can off Wrightsville Beach.
What does that quote even mean and how does that translate to football at all?  I hope our next coach is more than a Judy Yes Man who is full of empty quotes and cliches.  Give me someone with some kind of fire who tries to score with 51 seconds to go before half or is going to get in the face of an official, give me something.  Lambert is a loser who is too scared to make the gutsy calls and we don't have enough talent to win with a coach who is just playing it safe.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 12:37:05 am

What does that quote even mean and how does that translate to football at all?  I hope our next coach is more than a Judy Yes Man who is full of empty quotes and cliches.  Give me someone with some kind of fire who tries to score with 51 seconds to go before half or is going to get in the face of an official, give me something.  Lambert is a loser who is too scared to make the gutsy calls and we don't have enough talent to win with a coach who is just playing it safe.
CHP isn't going to allow a hire of the coach you want. He doesn't do "fire". Might drop his appletini, ya know.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 08:05:46 am
The quote means we are doing too much. We are constantly putting in new things when our players can't execute the basics.

We gave up 627 yards and that was the fifth most in program history.

This is the worst team in the history of college football.
#bus1

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 08:31:52 am
We’ll have to wait until next year for bowl eligibility talk.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 08:58:35 am

....... I hope our next coach is more than a Judy Yes Man who is full of empty quotes and cliches.  Give me someone with some kind of fire.......

Not gonna happen.  Judy only wants a "Judy Yes Man" and Chapel Hill Phil does not want a coach with fire. 
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #12 on: October 15, 2017, 12:50:43 pm
We’ll have to wait until next year for bowl eligibility talk.

Next year my ass. 
Bowl eligibility talk maybe...bowl reality talk is at least 3-5 years away considering where we are now, the recruits coming in...and oh yeah, the current coaching staff.

We may be looking at a bowl drought similar to our NCAA drought.

Life as a Niner fan.

Uggggh
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #13 on: October 15, 2017, 03:43:39 pm
Did I read this correctly???????  WKU's starting QB did not play today?  So their 2nd string QB scored 5 TDs in the first half today and then handed the reins to the 3rd string in the 2nd half?

.     No you did NOT read it correctly. White, the starter played 3 qtrs

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #14 on: October 15, 2017, 03:45:57 pm
The quote means we are doing too much. We are constantly putting in new things when our players can't execute the basics.

We gave up 627 yards and that was the fifth most in program history.

This is the worst team in the history of college football.
.    :rolleyes:

49erCC

• Sophomore
Reply #15 on: October 15, 2017, 04:49:37 pm
We need new coaching agree;
not starting all over though, we have some good young players, especially on D
get lucky on a 5th yr grad transfer at QB and we could win some next year

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #16 on: October 15, 2017, 08:55:12 pm

I've been heading back to Normbulance before halftime every week.  It's painfully obvious we aren't going to win.
Mahna Mahna

Dowless

• Walk On
Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 06:13:14 pm
Read the Headline and thought someone was fired.

"Five takeaways: Amid the gloom of Charlotte 49ers blowout loss, a bright spot emerges"

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article179024361.html

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 08:27:05 pm
From Underdog Dynasty:
UTEP and Charlotte are eliminated from bowl eligibility

In a surprise to no one, UTEP and Charlotte lost over the weekend and are now 0-7 each. The Miners won’t go bowling for the third straight season. Charlotte’s only been in the FBS since 2015 but have yet to finish .500 or better.

The Miners played Southern Miss tough, but still can’t seem to muster any offense, gaining just 147 yards. UTEP lost 24-0 on the road.

Charlotte proved to be just what WKU needed to fix their offense as the 49ers were blown out 45-14. Charlotte’s final games are UAB, at Old Dominion, Middle Tennessee, at Southern Miss, and FAU.

UTEP’s final games are UTSA, at Middle Tennessee, at North Texas, La Tech, and at UAB. Earlier this week I said the odds of both teams going winless aren’t high, but from looking at UTEP’s schedule it looks like Charlotte has the better chance of picking up the win. But from watching Charlotte play, it’s hard to see the 49ers picking up a win.

I hate to see teams go winless, but it feels like UTEP and Charlotte are on their way of doing just that.
Underdogdynasty.com: Three Things We Learned From Conference USA in Week Seven

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos