Author Topic: The Plane - Fire Judy Rose! Help wanted new AD needed! Home Coming 2017  (Read 3960 times)

chidave

• Junior
It was perfection. Kudos for making this a situation that can no longer be ignored. Viva la revolution!

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
It's pretty clear the media isn't gonna touch this story. Nobody wants to be painted as a mysoginist.

We have to keep fighting the good fight until it gets so loud it can't be ignored.
#bus1

FSL Owner

• Freshman
Great day to be a Niner.  Our entire tailgate stopped and took pictures.  The win will not overshadow the need for change, especially at the top.  I wish Judy well but it was time to go 10 years ago.

pcon

• Senior
Anybody have pics or video?

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
There's just such an incredible disconnect between the AD and fans/alums.  I've never seen anything like it at literally any other school.  They REALLY don't think it's that bad.  They think we just make things up to be unhappy with.  Which is why they think we are crazy. 

I don't like to talk down about our school, but this isn't Alabama.  When somebody is pissed enough to spend hundreds if not thousands on a banner like that, it's REALLY freaking bad.  I just hope they understand that now.
#bus1

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Would love to hear how the AD attempted to gound the plane!

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Whoever said the thing about student fees not being able to buy anti-aircraft weaponry, I literally cried.  bravo. 

Also, I'm well aware the AD reads this stuff.  Instead of trying to go through whatever they did to ground the plane, why not just reach out to them?  Dear AD members, I personally complain about you on this board, on facebook, on twitter, email and to every alum face to face that I run into, you are more than welcome to reach out to me and discuss these issues at anytime.  You won't have to look hard for ways to contact me.  PS: the slightest amount of fan relations might possibly help with some of this when the program returns to respectability. 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:29:37 am by ImfromClayton »
#bus1

Niner National

• Athletic Director
There's just such an incredible disconnect between the AD and fans/alums.  I've never seen anything like it at literally any other school.  They REALLY don't think it's that bad.  They think we just make things up to be unhappy with.  Which is why they think we are crazy. 

I don't like to talk down about our school, but this isn't Alabama.  When somebody is pissed enough to spend hundreds if not thousands on a banner like that, it's REALLY freaking bad.  I just hope they understand that now.
they don't care. They stuck in a dreamworld where college athletics is about providing athletes with the right experience. f*** the fact that regular students are forced to foot the bill for that while getting nothing in return.

The reality is, Judy is selfish and stubborn. 

Inwaa actually going to buy 3 basketball season tickets this week (the first time in a few years), but after reading she tried to get the plane grounded,  I've reconsidered.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach

they don't care. They stuck in a dreamworld where college athletics is about providing athletes with the right experience. f*** the fact that regular students are forced to foot the bill for that while getting nothing in return.

Inwaa actually going to buy 3 basketball season tickets this week (the first time in a few years), but after reading she tried to get the plane grounded,  I've reconsidered.

I had not heard about Judy trying to get the plane grounded, but would love to.  Surely that is a made up story, right?  You just can't call up the FAA and ask for a favor, but if she did, who here would the FAA call to say "you aren't going to believe who just called me!"  I don't know, this doesn't sound real to me.
#unc-CHeatingPays

Niner National

• Athletic Director

I had not heard about Judy trying to get the plane grounded, but would love to.  Surely that is a made up story, right?  You just can't call up the FAA and ask for a favor, but if she did, who here would the FAA call to say "you aren't going to believe who just called me!"  I don't know, this doesn't sound real to me.
nwa said she did. I've never known him to be a bullshitter.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
I didn't realize there was a pro Judy crowd. But I've heard reports there were some pissed off joes in the rich yesterday.

Good.
#bus1

HeepsterMac

• Walk On
I'm in section 102 and took part in the anti Judy cheer. It was actually very spontaneous. Someone started a standard type cheer and everyone just joined in. I didn't notice anyone who seemed upset by it. I mean enough is enough. We had several guys wearing bags over their heads with some cool signs at the top of the section.  The responses of the fans to winning the game was exuberant. It's almost like we had never beaten a FBS team at home. ;-) People were slapping hands and cheering. It was pure joy.  It is incredible how pessimistic I had gotten by these weekly beatings. The 49er fanbase deserves better.

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
The responses of the fans to winning the game was exuberant. It's almost like we had never beaten a FBS team at home. ;-) People were slapping hands and cheering. It was pure joy.  It is incredible how pessimistic I had gotten by these weekly beatings. The 49er fanbase deserves better.

So much for the false narrative that people have to be anti-Niners and anti-Judy at the same time.
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

49r9r

• Head Coach
I didn't realize there was a pro Judy crowd. But I've heard reports there were some pissed off joes in the rich yesterday.

Good.

Yes, there is a small and entitled pro-Judy crowd.  You can find them at volleyball, softball, and women's basketball games.

Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

NovaNiner

• Senior
Awesome but I wish it had the hashtag or web site.  #FireJudyRose

CivilNiner

• Walk On
Thanks to kicker for doing this. I hope this contributes to positice changes for out AD moving forward!

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor

nwa said she did. I've never known him to be a bullshitter.

I can't 100% confirm, but the people who told me - I trust them.  They said campus police told them a call had been placed to have the plane grounded due to proximity to the stadium and concern about safety.  I am guessing law enforcement has a line like that and that most likely Judy and Co were trying to do whatever they could to get it out of the air.  The pilot though we know knew the FAA and NCAA rules around time and proximity.
Mahna Mahna

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
I don't want to say I feel vindicated, because I really just want my alma mater's sports to be something I'm proud of, but it is something to hear them talk about it in the news media. 

730 was very objective about it this morning.  They talked about how saturday's win was a bright spot on an otherwise not so good weekend.  Said they didn't know how it might affect staffing, but it definitely brought attention to the issue. 

DEAR ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT:  If you don't want people to fly banners of displeasure PULLED BY AN AIRPLANE, it might be good to not talk down your nose at the common man, and to answer an email every once in a while, or even answer the phone in the ticketing department.  We just want to feel like you want us around, you want our money, and you want to win too.  Judy has proven that those three things don't matter to her. People don't do stuff like this unless the situation has gotten out of hand.  I hope that you all recognize that. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 07:06:55 am by ImfromClayton »
#bus1

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
The pilot assuredly filed a flight plane with the FAA and they have access to this new-fangled technology called radar.
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
At Oktoberfest a guy at my table said the banner was sexist. I, probably too aggressively, said it would be sexist not fly the banner.

That guy was an idiot.

That being said, we have to be very careful if we're going to continue to campaign against her. We have to make it abundantly clear that our issues with Mrs. Rose lie in the results both on the field and in the coffers. Those that are inclined to keep the status quo will jump at any chance to bring feminism into this. We're coming to the point that we need to make sure we have a unified message to avoid having our reasons misconstrued or misrepresented.
DUCK FAVIDSON

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012

Good.

Yes, there is a small and entitled pro-Judy crowd.  You can find them at volleyball, softball, and women's basketball games.

This is exactly what I'm talking about in the above post.
DUCK FAVIDSON

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Should have left 10 years ago?  More like 20.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

* Recent Posts

clt says letís CHeat
[Charlotte 49er Football]
49erCC
November 18, 2017, 11:39:45 pm
CoC Postgame
[49ers Basketball Forum]
lucky57
November 18, 2017, 11:32:06 pm
2017 C-USA Football Power Ratings
[C-USA News & Notes]
Ninerfan2012