Author Topic: The Plane - Fire Judy Rose! Help wanted new AD needed! Home Coming 2017  (Read 3973 times)

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Well, the first banner flown should have been "Retire CHP". Forcing her out before he goes means he has heavy input on her replacement. I don't want that. Its a fucked up situation.

jdub49er

• Walk On
Agree with Zombie Lew:
"That being said, we have to be very careful if we're going to continue to campaign against her. We have to make it abundantly clear that our issues with Mrs. Rose lie in the results both on the field and in the coffers."

For this to work the personal attacks have to be left aside and let it only be about results.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
If this gets painted as a gender thing, we are screwed.

It's not a gender thing.  It's a performance thing.
#bus1

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
If Judy wants play the feminist card, my wife will gladly talk her.

Judy minions were in full effect on Saturday. We spent the first 50 minutes of the game in 115 but we decided to head down to 101 towards the end to get a better view. There were two guys in 102 wearing paper bags on their head that decided to go stand in front of the football center as the team started driving that way.

As soon as they walked over 2 guys and lady (with a child) just started yelling/berating them (not sure what exactly was said) for about 5 minutes culminating in the lady taking the bag off one of their heads and throwing it in the trash. That's when I ran over, confronted them and they finally gave the bag back. All of this in plain sight of a half-dozen campus police.

As the game ended and we were walking up the stairs, one of the campus police officers starts pointing at us and proceeds to get closer to start clapping in our faces. I didn't say a thing to him and he proceeds to try and stare me down as we exit out the gate. A hiding behind the badge type move.

Maybe I could of left the situation alone but that's not my nature. The whole Judy situation is going to get much worse before it is better. It feels like a 3rd-world dictator clinging to their last bit of power.

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior

Judy minions were in full effect on Saturday. We spent the first 50 minutes of the game in 115 but we decided to head down to 101 towards the end to get a better view. There were two guys in 102 wearing paper bags on their head that decided to go stand in front of the football center as the team started driving that way.

As soon as they walked over 2 guys and lady (with a child) just started yelling/berating them (not sure what exactly was said) for about 5 minutes culminating in the lady taking the bag off one of their heads and throwing it in the trash. That's when I ran over, confronted them and they finally gave the bag back. All of this in plain sight of a half-dozen campus police.

As the game ended and we were walking up the stairs, one of the campus police officers starts pointing at us and proceeds to get closer to start clapping in our faces. I didn't say a thing to him and he proceeds to try and stare me down as we exit out the gate. A hiding behind the badge type move.

Maybe I could of left the situation alone but that's not my nature. The whole Judy situation is going to get much worse before it is better. It feels like a 3rd-world dictator clinging to their last bit of power.

This is pretty much how I feel. She's surrounded herself with the "right" people, and is therefore brazenly unapologetic about the state of the program. I guarantee shes throwing common fans under the bus w/ the whales. Blasting our lack of support as a primary reason for Charlotte's inability to compete. Willfully blind to the reality that we don't want to support HER, not the Niners.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain

This is pretty much how I feel. She's surrounded herself with the "right" people, and is therefore brazenly unapologetic about the state of the program. I guarantee shes throwing common fans under the bus w/ the whales. Blasting our lack of support as a primary reason for Charlotte's inability to compete. Willfully blind to the reality that we don't want to support HER, not the Niners.

She is so out of touch, at this point I'm wondering if she is even playing with a full deck of cards in her head.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 01:01:10 pm by bleedsgreenandgold »

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Walk On
I was told she had a conversation with a former Niner this weekend in which she indicated she has no plans to retire. She's not even thinking about it.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Even if Judy doesn’t leave immediately I think this whole effort will have a positive impact on Niner athletics. They know now results are more important than ever and we have fans that are going to stay on them every step of the way. The “letter from the desk of Judy Rose” thing is positive proof the fan pressure is real.

Savio

• Senior
At Oktoberfest a guy at my table said the banner was sexist. I, probably too aggressively, said it would be sexist not fly the banner.

That guy was an idiot.

That being said, we have to be very careful if we're going to continue to campaign against her. We have to make it abundantly clear that our issues with Mrs. Rose lie in the results both on the field and in the coffers. Those that are inclined to keep the status quo will jump at any chance to bring feminism into this. We're coming to the point that we need to make sure we have a unified message to avoid having our reasons misconstrued or misrepresented.

Agree with this.  She has much more reach than we do and can change the narrative in her favor.

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
NA, at her age, at her tenure, with her spouse retired, how can she not consider it?

Why would a cop clap in your face?  He/she only cares about security, not Judy.  That's crazy.  That being said, y'all ain't worth getting shot over.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 01:35:14 pm by stonecoldken »
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain

Why would a cop clap in your face?  He/she only cares about security, not Judy.  That's crazy.  That being said, y'all ain't worth getting shot over.

I'm assuming since I stood up for the Fire Judy guys, he thought I wanted us to lose. If that was his line of thinking, I feel bad for him.

bckicker3

• Walk On
At Oktoberfest a guy at my table said the banner was sexist. I, probably too aggressively, said it would be sexist not fly the banner.

That guy was an idiot.

That being said, we have to be very careful if we're going to continue to campaign against her. We have to make it abundantly clear that our issues with Mrs. Rose lie in the results both on the field and in the coffers. Those that are inclined to keep the status quo will jump at any chance to bring feminism into this. We're coming to the point that we need to make sure we have a unified message to avoid having our reasons misconstrued or misrepresented.

Agree with this.  She has much more reach than we do and can change the narrative in her favor.

I'm not going to let the PC Police deter me from doing anything. The mediocrity of the athletic department speaks for itself. I'm sure some will disagree with me and that's too bad...

austinniner

• Senior
Even if Judy doesn’t leave immediately I think this whole effort will have a positive impact on Niner athletics. They know now results are more important than ever and we have fans that are going to stay on them every step of the way. The “letter from the desk of Judy Rose” thing is positive proof the fan pressure is real.

Here's what I would like to see:

1)  A genuine effort to increase the fan base and 49er club.  Reach out to our alumni - our university is so bad at this in general.  There are so many alumni out there that have had no contact from the university in decades.  I'm not one of them, but there are so many.

2)  A genuine effort to increase interest from the students.  Build fans for tomorrow starting with the students you have today.  We had some sort of program about 10 years ago, and we used to have great student support.  They were organized too.  What happened?  Why did it stop? 

3)  A better effort marketing the revenue sports.  Prioritize the money makers first, and let them elevate the non-revenue sports.  Our priorities should be something like this:
     Football / Men's basketball
     Baseball / Men's soccer / Women's basketball   

Anything else while we're at it?

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 04:10:45 pm by austinniner »
"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

Nugget

• Assistant Coach

Here's what I would like to see: [size=78%] [/size]

1)  A genuine effort to increase the fan base and 49er club.  Reach out to our alumnae - our university is so bad at this in general.  There are so many alumnae out there that have had no contact from the university in decades.  I'm not one of them, but there are so many.

2)  A genuine effort to increase interest from the students.  Build fans for tomorrow starting with the students you have today.  We had some sort of program about 10 years ago, and we used to have great student support.  They were organized too.  What happened?  Why did it stop? 

3)  A better effort marketing the revenue sports.  Prioritize the money makers first, and let them elevate the non-revenue sports.  Our priorities should be something like this:
     Football / Men's basketball
     Baseball / Men's soccer / Women's basketball   

[/size]Anything else while we're at it?[size=78%]

Alumnae is the plural for our female alumni.  (Alumni is predominately used for male "alums", but can be used generically for both genders.)  So Austin, if you are a woman my apologies, your post is spot on.  If you are not, then I am just being nit-picky because this is one of about three areas where my high school Latin has any value.
#unc-CHeatingPays

austinniner

• Senior
I should be ashamed, having taken 2 years of Latin at Charlotte Latin, but alas, that was a very long time ago (the early 80s).  Corrections made. 

There was a 4th point I wanted to add, but it's stuck in the cobwebs of my mind at the moment.

EDIT:  oh yeah, #4:  more accountability for success in revenue sports. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 04:15:34 pm by austinniner »
"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos