Author Topic: clt provides odu post game chat  (Read 1038 times)

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
on: November 04, 2017, 06:45:44 pm
We covered

Off to smoke.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 07:53:39 pm
Lambert said in the post game we intentionally tried to block the punt that lead to the roughing the kicker penalty... :eek:

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 08:25:13 pm
0 Points... my time I spent today not watching that was way better. The money people are paying to watch this product is ridiculous.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 08:44:09 pm
That game was the mirror image of a Brad Lambert team. Coming off a win and a bye...you play the worst game of the season. Offensively you never sniff the red zone. Crucial penalty. Muff a punt. He is a complete joke. We are a complete joke.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 10:35:41 pm
Lambert said in the post game we intentionally tried to block the punt that lead to the roughing the kicker penalty... :o

Well that was a f***ing stupid decision at that point. We needed the BALL and they kicked it to us. But noooooo, we have to f*** it up.  >:D >:D >:D
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 11:22:37 pm
First the good.  It will be short.

1.  Arthur.  Sad as it is, he is our best player.  Even with the touch backs, he did his job today and really should be all conference.
2.  The defense.  They missed a few tackles and gave up some easy yards, but Old Dominion didn't come close to scoring a touchdown and as bad as they are, that is impressive.
3.  The D Line.  They stunted for the first time I remember.  They dropped back into zone coverage and they played tough and weren't dominated despite being on the field all day. Fain, Doctor, and Horne impressed me today.

The bad....
Pretty much everything else.  Coaching was terrible, we missed a lot of tackles that would have gotten off the field.  We had terrible play calliing on third down.  Threw 3 years passes on long third downs and don't get me started on settling for the 48 harder to end the first half.

Lambert (and the staff) needs to go, if only to to break up the complacency.
FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 11:31:10 pm
Lambert said in the post game we intentionally tried to block the punt that lead to the roughing the kicker penalty... :o

Well that was a f***ing stupid decision at that point. We needed the BALL and they kicked it to us. But noooooo, we have to f*** it up.  >:D >:D >:D
Not likely we were going to drive the length of the field anyway. They had punts blocked the previous week. Perhaps we should spend some time acquainting our guys with the proper angle to attempt blocks, so that if we miss the block we don't run into the kicker. Just a suggestion.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 09:38:55 am
It was disappointing but not surprising that the offense was that bad coming off the bye. I can't fault Lambert for going for the blocked punt (the offense was atrocious) but it was a horrible performance.

On a side note, Foreman Field was a little nicer than I anticipated. One thing that stood out to me is Port-a-Jons were everywhere. I hope our fearless leader was there, because there is zero excuse to not have them for the Appalachian game and bring in temporary seats to get capacity to 20,000. I hope obstinacy and misguided priorities don't stop her from making the easiest decision in the world and exploit that game to its maximum potential. /rantoff

Tyro Niner

• Walk On

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos