Author Topic: Methodist Postgame  (Read 1732 times)

chidave

• Junior
Reply #25 on: November 11, 2017, 09:04:07 am
Post game interview with Supica was interesting as well. Hes from a small high school in Serbia and talked about getting used to the heights of everyone in the college game. If we have the ability to find gems like him in small town Serbia that bodes well for us going forward.

ninereast

• Walk On
Reply #26 on: November 11, 2017, 09:08:13 am
The 30 for 30 on the Serbs after we win the National Championship is going to be phenomenal.
Yes. Yes, indeed.  ;D

You Got Serbed?

I noticed Bryant Thomas had 4 blocks in the game. I think he led the nation at South Meck in block shots. Is he currently leading the NCAA's in blocks shots? He could be a defensive force down low!

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #27 on: November 11, 2017, 09:25:18 am
I wasn't there and couldn't watch...

Anyone think a Serb could get in starting lineup?

Any throw down dunks?

Lots of fast breaks and pushing the ball on offense?

Will any of the new guys be able to defend DI big guys underneath the basket?

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #28 on: November 11, 2017, 10:07:26 am

Any throw down dunks?

hard to say for sure because of competition, but supica looked like starting material.

There were a few nice dunks. White, Price, and Vasic all had dunks. Supica might have had one too, I can't remember.

Definitely a lot of fast breaks.

Thomas might be able to defend. I think he will get pushed around some because he is still pretty lean, but he will block some shots.

This team will be more well rounded than the past few years. I'm going to temper my expectations because it was against d3, but it was enough to see the array of skillsets the new guys have.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #29 on: November 11, 2017, 10:15:31 am
Post game interview with Supica was interesting as well. Hes from a small high school in Serbia and talked about getting used to the heights of everyone in the college game. If we have the ability to find gems like him in small town Serbia that bodes well for us going forward.
he referenced playing on the private school circuit and playing against small guys. I think he was talking about his time in the u.s. he played 2 seasons of high school ball here.

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #30 on: November 11, 2017, 10:29:24 am

Any throw down dunks?

I think eventually one might work their way into the starting lineup at the 4 in front of Hudson.  But I hope they are 15/20 mpg guys off the bench immediately.  They're both going to be very good, I think Vasic is going to be very special.  10/5/5 in 19 minutes in your first college game is impressive no matter who it is against.

Haslem is going to struggle against any big guy with quickness that draws him away from the basket and Bryant Thomas is going to struggle to guard back to the basket big guys.  Hopefully that means we can just constantly play the match-up game.

Hopefully this changes soon, but Andrien White remains one of the worst off ball defenders I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 10:35:54 am by JB »
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #31 on: November 11, 2017, 06:12:24 pm
clt says Judy just bumped the wbb budget.

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #32 on: November 11, 2017, 08:32:00 pm
I was really impressed with Vasic's defensive attitude/intensity out on the perimeter and he had the wheels to keep up with the smaller guys.
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #33 on: November 11, 2017, 08:41:56 pm
I thought we were bad scheduling D3s until an app fan just bragged to me about beating Toccoa Falls of the NCCAA.  Which is evidently a lower tier than NAIA. 
#bus1

d_whitley

• Walk On
  • Charlotte c/o 17'
Reply #34 on: November 11, 2017, 09:27:43 pm
I know APPs bad at basketball but scheduling/beating a team that bad just isn't right.
#RockSolid #49ersMBB #NinerStandards
Twitter: d_whitley1 - 49Shades_Green

Threemire09

• Junior
    • http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=9218348
Reply #35 on: November 11, 2017, 09:40:07 pm
Very good analysis.  Bryant can help us as a junior.  Milos immediately our best low post scorer,  he has a knack for being in the right spot.  Vasic going to be great.  JD has progressed, looks confident.  Hudson played great.  I guess I was most concerned with Haslem and Thomas.  We need one of them on the court with Garvin and Milos.  I think Haslem will do much better in half court paced games.

Any throw down dunks?

I think eventually one might work their way into the starting lineup at the 4 in front of Hudson.  But I hope they are 15/20 mpg guys off the bench immediately.  They're both going to be very good, I think Vasic is going to be very special.  10/5/5 in 19 minutes in your first college game is impressive no matter who it is against.

Haslem is going to struggle against any big guy with quickness that draws him away from the basket and Bryant Thomas is going to struggle to guard back to the basket big guys.  Hopefully that means we can just constantly play the match-up game.

Hopefully this changes soon, but Andrien White remains one of the worst off ball defenders I've ever seen.

All time Favorite 49er Team
PG Sean Colson
SG Brendan Plavich
SF Eddie Basden
PF Demarco Johnson
F Cornbread
BN Diego
BN Leemire
BN Jobey
BN Lang
BN Dinkins

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #36 on: November 11, 2017, 10:22:42 pm
I was really impressed with Vasic's defensive attitude/intensity out on the perimeter and he had the wheels to keep up with the smaller guys.

Did anyone else hear Vasic yell "let's get a stop" about midway through the second half?
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

Threemire09

• Junior
    • http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=9218348
Reply #37 on: November 11, 2017, 10:27:59 pm
If so Id bet those words haven't been said in 10 plus years
All time Favorite 49er Team
PG Sean Colson
SG Brendan Plavich
SF Eddie Basden
PF Demarco Johnson
F Cornbread
BN Diego
BN Leemire
BN Jobey
BN Lang
BN Dinkins

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #38 on: November 11, 2017, 10:53:19 pm

Did anyone else hear Vasic yell "let's get a stop" about midway through the second half?
We don't sit as close as you.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos