Author Topic: Staff members not around next year?  (Read 1922 times)

NinerPickAx

• Walk On
on: November 14, 2017, 02:21:11 pm
With the end of the season around the corner, and two of the best teams in the conference to play. The outcome does not look good. At the end of the year who does Lambert let go or who leaves on their own? We know Mullen is gone but anyone else?

LzeroKI

• Walk On
Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 03:08:24 pm
I think the general sentiment on this board is "hopefully everyone, including Lambert."

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 03:33:23 pm
I can't say for sure RE Lambert.  I think he shouldn't be around, but I have no confidence in our athletic department.  Their actions appear to be knee jerk when it suits them, and all in all generally poor decisions, followed by waiting too long to let those poor decisions (coaches) go, and other actions which signify not being able to let go of one's pride. 

I think if we are all honest with ourselves, including Lambert, even he would tell you he knows his job performance wouldn't fly in most places.  He may benefit from our situation and turn it around, but I'd say that's doubtful at best.  Our recruiting classes are comparable to Ivy league schools, which is terrible for the type of school we are. 

I think Mullen is gone no matter what.  If he wants to hang around as QB coach, I don't think anybody would care, but that's an incredible demotion.  We cannot recruit the type of athlete required to run an offense like the one we are attempting to run.  This means we either need a total overhaul, or we are going to continue to struggle.

In summary, nobody on this board has any inside information.  We are at the mercy of Judy Rose.  Hope this helps. 

#bus1

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 03:58:02 pm
My Prediction:

-Lambert is coach next year

-Mullen is gone

-Adkins...flip a coin. A "demotion" if we bring in a new OC would be hard to swallow.

Reasons/excuses given for Lambert staying - 1. We lost 3 NFL talent players and a couple more training camp guys. 2. We had a coaching change mid season so that led to some offensive struggles. 3. We lost some one score games so we were close (Same excuse our fans gave for the 2016 season).

mojoniner

• Walk On
Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 04:48:36 pm
I can't say for sure RE Lambert.  I think he shouldn't be around, but I have no confidence in our athletic department.  Their actions appear to be knee jerk when it suits them, and all in all generally poor decisions, followed by waiting too long to let those poor decisions (coaches) go, and other actions which signify not being able to let go of one's pride. 

I think if we are all honest with ourselves, including Lambert, even he would tell you he knows his job performance wouldn't fly in most places.  He may benefit from our situation and turn it around, but I'd say that's doubtful at best.  Our recruiting classes are comparable to Ivy league schools, which is terrible for the type of school we are. 

I think Mullen is gone no matter what.  If he wants to hang around as QB coach, I don't think anybody would care, but that's an incredible demotion.  We cannot recruit the type of athlete required to run an offense like the one we are attempting to run.  This means we either need a total overhaul, or we are going to continue to struggle.

In summary, nobody on this board has any inside information.  We are at the mercy of Judy Rose.  Hope this helps.

Lambert and Mullen need to leave together. Why keep Mullen around as QB coach? QB play has been terrible with him coaching and recruiting them.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 05:03:07 pm
I'm surprised Judy's name has not been mentioned.  It should be, along with Lambert and Mullen. 
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 05:10:18 pm

Lambert and Mullen need to leave together. Why keep Mullen around as QB coach? QB play has been terrible with him coaching and recruiting them.

Mojo, I'm not saying it's a good idea. I'm saying it could happen. Trying to justify our AD with logic is not a good idea.

QBs have been miserable. But Mullen is #family
#bus1

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 05:13:12 pm
Jim Durning the strength coach seems like a solid dude that has some fire. The rest of the staff needs to seek new employment opportunities.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 05:30:55 pm
If we don't have a new coaching staff, it will be two consecutive years of non-attendance for me.

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 05:31:29 pm
Sweep house.
Except Richardson.  His granddaddy might give us more $ if he stays, or want his old $ back if he's not here.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 06:04:41 pm
Everyone needs to go.  A whole lot of our problems are coach driven. 
We're not getting great recruits?  Coaches.
We have made 4 field goals out of 12?  Coaches
We've had a block ft turn into a TD.  Coaches.
Almost ten yards a penalty (meaning holds and personal fouls)? Coaches
Giving up the middle of the field 15 yards because a zone defense that doesn't work? Coaches
Running a 5 yard slant when you need 12 yards to a guy who hasn't broken a tackle ever?  Coaches
Run up the middle every time you need one yard, even if the box is stacked because the other team knows what you are going to do?  Coaches
Refusing to run any kind of sweep or outside run or any run where the rb doesn't get the ball without any kind of momentum toward the line of scrimmage? Coaches
Us being chippy after every play? Coaches.
Very few stunts, pulls, blitzes or anything that could throw another team off?  Coaches
Falling for every pieces of misdirection the other team throws at us on defense? Coaches.

We are not prepared to play games.  We are not improving (except on the defensive line). 
We do not do the basic fundamental things.  We rarely adjust and except for the 2 point conversion, I haven't seen any creativity to the team we trotted out in 2013. 
I blame all this on the coaching staff.
FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 06:15:24 pm
clt says lambert needs to be let go already, if we are making a change.

Otherwise, our recruiting would be even worse.

Dowless

• Walk On
Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 06:19:48 pm
You guys are not looking at things properly.  Ask yourselves this question.

What has been done for football by the AD since the inception that has been performance driven?

Absolutely nothing!   It will continue like this.  Lambert stays and will replace Mullin.  Lambert will win almost enough games next year to be bowl eligible and will get an extension.  Judy likes Lambert and the fact that he runs a relatively clean program.  He didn't take Furgeson and he bolted from Olsen quickly.  Stop thinking about performance and think about the power of the AD.  Chapel Hill Phil doesn't even stand up to her.  She will not go anytime soon and will have a big influence over Charlotte athletics even after retirement.  Just face the facts guys.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 06:54:04 pm
We waste so much breath on this. Everyone is trying to convince each other that it's time for Brad to go. Everyone already knows that.

The problem is in predicting what our AD will do. An AD who we have been continuously shown's job is NOT performance based. An AD who also has shown a lack of football acumen. I wonder if Judy realizes why it would have made more sense to fire Brad earlier with the early signing period this year. Not only that, she has the tenure to retire at any moment and the pride to stay forever. An AD who is smart enough to KNOW she's not going to lose her job over this, and an AD who is pretty dang pissed at all of the fans of her program. Really we're all at the mercy of whatever the hell Judy wants. I think most of what used to be our fan base figured that out a while ago. We're just the 25 people left holding the bag.

#bus1

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 06:55:29 pm
You guys are not looking at things properly.  Ask yourselves this question.

What has been done for football by the AD since the inception that has been performance driven?

Absolutely nothing!   It will continue like this.  Lambert stays and will replace Mullin.  Lambert will win almost enough games next year to be bowl eligible and will get an extension.  Judy likes Lambert and the fact that he runs a relatively clean program.  He didn't take Furgeson and he bolted from Olsen quickly.  Stop thinking about performance and think about the power of the AD.  Chapel Hill Phil doesn't even stand up to her.  She will not go anytime soon and will have a big influence over Charlotte athletics even after retirement.  Just face the facts guys.

That is very depressing but probably true.

UnclePugsly

• Walk On
Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 06:55:47 pm
It's upto the AD to articulate the expectations at the start of every year to the HC.  What was articulated to Lambert?

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 07:00:29 pm
It's upto the AD to articulate the expectations at the start of every year to the HC.  What was articulated to Lambert?
Transparency from our AD? good luck
#bus1

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 07:00:50 pm
We waste so much breath on this. Everyone is trying to convince each other that it's time for Brad to go. Everyone already knows that.

The problem is in predicting what our AD will do. An AD who we have been continuously shown's job is NOT performance based. An AD who also has shown a lack of football acumen. I wonder if Judy realizes why it would have made more sense to fire Brad earlier with the early signing period this year. Not only that, she has the tenure to retire at any moment and the pride to stay forever. An AD who is smart enough to KNOW she's not going to lose her job over this, and an AD who is pretty dang pissed at all of the fans of her program. Really we're all at the mercy of whatever the hell Judy wants. I think most of what used to be our fan base figured that out a while ago. We're just the 25 people left holding the bag.

We were told Lutz was fired because of performance.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 07:14:52 pm
Lambert will win almost enough games next year to be bowl eligible

I stopped reading at that point.

And laughed.

Loudly.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 07:40:59 pm

I was told the tooth fairy put a quarter under my pillow.
#bus1

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 07:45:28 pm

I was told the tooth fairy put a quarter under my pillow.
Tooth fairy was cheap at your house.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 08:16:30 pm
Lambert will win almost enough games next year to be bowl eligible

I stopped reading at that point.

And laughed.

Loudly.

If Lambert stays next season who do we beat?

09/01 - Fordham - W
09/08 - Appalachian State - L
09/22 - at UMass - ?
11/03 - at Tennessee - L
at - Marshall - L
at - FAU - L
at - MTSU - L
at - UAB - L
FIU - ?
ODU - ?
WKU- L
CUSA West Team - ?

49erCC

• Sophomore
Reply #22 on: November 14, 2017, 08:16:56 pm
I want a new AD to hire our next coach therefore I do not want Judy to fire our Football coach

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 08:29:42 pm
I want a new AD to hire our next coach therefore I do not want Judy to fire our Football coach
I don't either, but we can't keep this staff around. Our recruiting is awful and our on the field performance is even worse.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #24 on: November 14, 2017, 08:50:54 pm

I had been on This side for awhile, at this point I'm not sure we can afford to wait.  Judy or not we have to make a move.
Mahna Mahna

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos