Author Topic: MT Postgame  (Read 1154 times)

Dowless

• Walk On
on: November 11, 2017, 03:42:33 pm
It's halftime, but it is over.  Why is Klugh playing when he can't run on the ankle?  He can't throw the ball to start with so now he is about as useful at QB as Mullen catching a punt on the run. 

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 03:49:58 pm
Anybody that can't see our football situation is toxic is ignoring reality. It has clearly impacted recruiting. We need to get rid of Lambert as soon as possible.
#bus1

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 03:55:28 pm
We win?

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 04:20:20 pm
I left after the band played at halftime. Once MTSU hit 21 points they scored enough to get the W.

Hal Jordan

• Freshman
Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 05:19:33 pm
Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 05:23:31 pm
I think we reclaimed our first place conference penalty title today.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 06:06:00 pm
clt provides postives and negatives.

+
Warmed up after 11am
 No rain
Traffic was calm around the stadium
No planes with toxic chemtrails
Short lines inside of the stadium

_
We stink.
Recruiting is bad
Norms bar should be 3 times larger, yet no adjustment. Literally turning away money.
Millenials

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 08:54:11 pm
How was attendance?

austinniner

• Senior
Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 08:58:38 pm
How was attendance?

officially 10,937, thanks to season ticket holders and military appreciation day.  I bet it was half that butts in the seats
"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

NovaNiner

• Senior
Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 09:20:46 pm
This team is brutal to watch.  Looking forward to a new coach in 2018.

d_whitley

• Walk On
  • Charlotte c/o 17'
Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 09:45:12 pm
How was attendance?

officially 10,937, thanks to season ticket holders and military appreciation day.  I bet it was half that butts in the seats

The end zones were pretty empty but I don't know about 5k only in the seats. Most of the pictures where it was that empty came from the beginning and end of the game. It's bad though one way or another  :confused:
#RockSolid #49ersMBB #NinerStandards
Twitter: d_whitley1 - 49Shades_Green

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 10:02:16 pm
How was attendance?

The end zones were pretty empty but I don't know about 5k only in the seats. Most of the pictures where it was that empty came from the beginning and end of the game. It's bad though one way or another  :confused:

Judy and Phil will use this game as an example of why stadium expansion is not necessary.  Then they will give Brad an extension.

Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 11:09:03 pm
The poster who started the thread is more or less a parody. He posts in 3rd person and never fails to take a dig at App

chidave

• Junior
Reply #13 on: November 11, 2017, 11:15:27 pm
The Good

- We were more competitive than I anticipated with them going into the game. If we had not shot ourselves in the foot with missed FG, penalties, and poor coaching decisions (3rd and 3, lose 10, then go on 4th and 13. If you’re going for it run a safe play on 3rd) we could have won.

- Klugh and the WRs had their best game of the year.

- The Ric Flair Woo On first down. This will drive opponents crazy if we ever get good.

- Toboggans, blankets, and thermal socks

The Bad

- FG kicking should be the easiest part of building a new program, ours has been sub par since the inception of the program.

- Why is Mullen still returning kicks? Even if he had Desmond Howard’s explosiveness I wouldn’t have him back there because of the muffs.

- Penalties were killer in the first half

- The injuries in the secondary are taking a toll

- Capacity of Norms Tavern needs to be expanded before the stadium

- No Normbulance (Hope you’re feeling better)

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #14 on: November 11, 2017, 11:42:56 pm
The good: 
I say it every week.  The defensive line was decent again today.  These guys are all young.  I think we have a really good nucleus there.
I spoke to Richard Hudson.  Good guy.
Jimmy John's was back.
We had a turnover, but it was on a fourth down pass that was going to be incomplete, so no worries.  As bad as we've been, turnovers haven't really hurt us the last two games.

The bad
o line - they were awful today.  They were out gunned out classed and whopped.  I blame #77.
Special teams: can't kick, can't catch punt and this wasn't Arthur's best work.
The coaching:  six penalties for 60 yards in the first half.  All of them were pretty bad
I was also mad about both fourth down attempts.
The first was was where we skipped the 40 yard field goal to go for it on fourth and 11 and threw a three yard slant to Mullen.  First try the field goal.  We might accidentally make that.  Mullen hasn't broken a tackle in his Charlotte career.   How is he going to make a catch and need to run eight more yards.  Just worthless playcalling and strategy. 
we hit the field goal and we are down 11 with 16 minutes left.
THe second was a fourth and 14 from the 42.  We do not have this play in The bag.  Of course we throw another short pass to Mullen.  Why not punt and hold them.  We held Middle on the previous five drives?
I left with twelve minutes left because I felt like Lambert gave up.  He was playing out the string in a two score game with 13 minutes left.
There is so much that a decent coach could fix.  LAmbert needs to go.

The ugly.  Sorry.  MArching bands stuff was boring today.

FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

steelballs24

• Walk On
Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 11:45:12 am
I had hopes that this team would be good.  We aren't even competitive.  I hope something changes.  Just not sure what the answer is.  Win and the atmosphere in the stadium will improve.

* Recent Posts

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos