Author Topic: Blue Line Status  (Read 4508 times)

emf

• Senior
Reply #25 on: May 03, 2017, 11:20:45 am
Just watched a Facebook Live presentation. Couple interesting bits are that the JW Clay/UNC Charlotte bridge will be lit like Duke Energy for special occasions, and that there will be signs on the Interstate indicating if a parking deck is full or not.

So baby blue instead of green.  Got it.

By the way, how predictable was it that they would not use that brand new overhead pedestrian bridge to advertise in some way, shape or form that a nearly 30,000 student public university with D1 football and basketball exists literally across the street?

The [university city parters logo]universityCity[unc charlotte crown logo] thing might be the most confusing and ridiculous bit of "branding" I've ever seen. 

Every time they have an opportunity, they just dig a deeper hole.
It's hard to see, too.  I'm hoping the new CRI entrance will make more of a statement on Tryon.

SteauA

• Senior
Reply #26 on: May 03, 2017, 03:14:52 pm
Just watched a Facebook Live presentation. Couple interesting bits are that the JW Clay/UNC Charlotte bridge will be lit like Duke Energy for special occasions, and that there will be signs on the Interstate indicating if a parking deck is full or not.

So baby blue instead of green.  Got it.

By the way, how predictable was it that they would not use that brand new overhead pedestrian bridge to advertise in some way, shape or form that a nearly 30,000 student public university with D1 football and basketball exists literally across the street?

The [university city parters logo]universityCity[unc charlotte crown logo] thing might be the most confusing and ridiculous bit of "branding" I've ever seen. 

Every time they have an opportunity, they just dig a deeper hole.
It's hard to see, too.  I'm hoping the new CRI entrance will make more of a statement on Tryon.

"He that lives upon hope will die fasting."

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #29 on: August 08, 2017, 05:50:12 pm
Soccer needs a BLUE LINE similar to hockey to better define offsides.  ⚽️🏒

😎🍻
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #30 on: August 08, 2017, 07:09:21 pm
clt says it is nice to see the green at our station.

Hawthorne_49er

• Freshman
Reply #31 on: August 08, 2017, 08:44:53 pm
I would consider using the blue line since I live in UCity and work uptown but if I have to pay for parking in the deck that might be a dealbreaker.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #32 on: August 08, 2017, 09:31:24 pm
I would consider using the blue line since I live in UCity and work uptown but if I have to pay for parking in the deck that might be a dealbreaker.
it made it seem like monthly pass holders wouldn't have to pay to park.

This is likely a way to deter students from parking for free and hopping on the train for 1 or 2 stops without paying.

In the past the plan was for the parking to be free with a paid train ticket.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #33 on: August 09, 2017, 08:33:43 am
it made it seem like monthly pass holders wouldn't have to pay to park.

This is likely a way to deter students from parking for free and hopping on the train for 1 or 2 stops without paying.

clt says our students are too fat to hop.

In the past the plan was for the parking to be free with a paid train ticket.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos