Author Topic: FIRE LAMBERT!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 47623 times)

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #550 on: January 12, 2018, 10:27:54 am
Just like the Marshall post game thread.  Need d1 bodies-  We do not the have them in 2 major sports. 

Coach until you're blue in the face. 

Too much slow twitch muscle fiber on campus.

My take is we have marginal athletes and we have low sport IQ.  You can get by with a lower athlete IF they play smart - like Davidson.  You can get by with low IQ players if they excel athletically to cover their mistakes.  We have the worst combo. 
Mahna Mahna

charlotte004

• Walk On
Reply #551 on: January 12, 2018, 10:42:41 am
Can we just fast forward to November when Lambert is let go and we can start over.  I'm just grateful Rose spared us with another hiring of hers!!

Fingers crossed the new AD comes in, blows up everything and has the goods to right this sinking ship known as Charlotte 49ers!

tasheets

• Walk On
Reply #552 on: January 12, 2018, 07:09:01 pm
I've said it before, I'll say it again.  We aren't that far off. 

Penalites, Turnovers, Offensive Scheme, QB Play, Field goal Kicking game.

All very fixable.  QB play will be most significant factor, and most difficult to change.

Especially the stupid personal fouls.

tasheets

• Walk On
Reply #553 on: January 12, 2018, 07:15:22 pm
I've said it before, I'll say it again.  We aren't that far off. 

Penalites, Turnovers, Offensive Scheme, QB Play, Field goal Kicking game.

All very fixable.  QB play will be most significant factor, and most difficult to change.

You are kind of right.
Klugh was the biggest problem last season, specifically his inability to throw a fastball.  I feel like he lost 20mph if his throws from 2016.  Like he had a dead arm.  If that holds up, weíre in a world of trouble.  Also, Iím very concerned about our wide receivers as they will all be crazy young.  The ones coming back arenít that good.
Another problem that I think is huge is our not taking direct snaps.  Our rbís get the ball flatfooted, not moving toward the line of scrimmage.  Phillips was so good and made this work.  Lemay and    McAllister arenít good enough to do this.  Neither is our offensive line.
Also,  our zone allows a decent qb to carve us.  We give up so much yardage in the middle of the field.
Having written that we did have a ton go wrong and could have won four games last season (UAB, ODU, A&T, and FIU).
Weíll beat Fordham and maybe another 1 or 2, but where Iím concerned is that we wonít compete in 7-8 games which to me is a mark of us not improving. 
So while we arenít so far away as some us think, we arenít that good unless the redshirt freshman figure it out quickly.

STOP clapping to get the ball. No matter what you tell out the ball is snapped on a clap. Guess what? The D line and Lab's can get a jump by just watching Klugh's hand. Major advantage to the D!

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos