Author Topic: Gameday/Brand/Marketing Ideas  (Read 2675 times)

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #50 on: January 10, 2018, 12:16:37 pm
Create an “Alumni Weekend” in February during basketball season similar to the old homecoming. Make it a day game around 3:00 PM tipoff so if weather permitting you can encourage some tailgating. Host a former 49er pickup game for the old stars and honor them at halftime. Also, try to schedule the game against an appealing opponent like ODU, MTSU, WKU, Marshall or UAB.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #51 on: January 10, 2018, 01:47:24 pm
For the love of God, please revamp the cheer-leading program.  From what I'm told, it seems like it has a mission more akin to private enterprise cheer-leading camps and less to do with supporting Niner sports.  A lot of turnover, and it doesn't seem like they have any interest in leading the student cheers or even learning any past chants/cheers. 
Seems like a small issue but it could enhance the game day experience.
Cheerleading program apparently has two national titles too, I looked up one day at Halton and saw the banner and was shocked. It needs changing for sure!
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

Head of Barstool 49ers, follow us on twitter and Instagram @barstool49ers

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #52 on: January 10, 2018, 01:48:14 pm
Also that Nike stuff is EXPENSIVE, even at Gray's a t-shirt is $26 which is a bit pricey. Love that it's a total deal, but damn it is a bit much price wise.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #53 on: January 10, 2018, 01:50:47 pm
Cheerleading and Gold dusters are separate entities, no? Gold Dusters compete for 'ships if I'm not mistaken.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #54 on: January 10, 2018, 01:51:09 pm
Cheerleading and Gold dusters are separate entities, no? Gold Dusters compete for 'ships if I'm not mistaken.
Gold dusters are separate from cheerleaders yes

radd

• Walk On
Reply #55 on: January 10, 2018, 02:50:59 pm
I love this convo and have been thinking a lot about it recently

Sports:
-Adopt a more classic look for uniforms with primary colors including Hunter Green & White, ie Penn State/Oklahoma/Arkansas. (Plain gold helmets like Notre Dame would be awesome for football).

-Make Norm a real person and not a cartoon, ie ECU/Florida State/U of Southern Cal/West Virginia.

-Chant that involves the students and band.

-Construct A Tailgate village that isnt for the sole purpose of student use (And brand the s**t out of it).

Marketing:
-I agree with everyone that we need to make a massive push via social media (Maybe when we are better as mentioned).

-Billboards and Advertisements city wide (there are more USC & UNC ads than Charlotte, shameful).

SOAR:
-Make it fun!!! SOAR Leaders should embody University Pride and imprint that on incoming students.
-Chants when other student groups walk by, ie "forty/niners" and hold up the c-pick (same with potential student tours).

-Give out football & basketball items that really entice students to want to attend games.

Other (Unrealistic):
-It would be so cool to turn the area on the boardwalk into some kinda College Town-esque destination with real college Bars and shops that actually support Charlotte and not other schools. (Bad Dogs was a K-State Bar and Boardwalks was a bunch of teams).

Jackrabbit49er

• Freshman
Reply #56 on: January 11, 2018, 07:55:17 am

Both do. Since my little sister did this sort of thing, I know too much.

The Gold Dusters compete in the dance portion. I believe under the same organization (NC something or other).

Cheerleading groups have a couple of areas they can compete in including stunt and crowd (for lack of better terminology).

I know the Gold Dusters were NC's around the time I was at UNCC (03-05).
Sic vis pacem, para bellum

My college teams:

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #57 on: January 11, 2018, 10:16:35 am
I love this convo and have been thinking a lot about it recently

Sports:
-Adopt a more classic look for uniforms with primary colors including Hunter Green & White, ie Penn State/Oklahoma/Arkansas. (Plain gold helmets like Notre Dame would be awesome for football).

-Make Norm a real person and not a cartoon, ie ECU/Florida State/U of Southern Cal/West Virginia.

-Chant that involves the students and band.

-Construct A Tailgate village that isnt for the sole purpose of student use (And brand the s**t out of it).

Marketing:
-I agree with everyone that we need to make a massive push via social media (Maybe when we are better as mentioned).

-Billboards and Advertisements city wide (there are more USC & UNC ads than Charlotte, shameful).

SOAR:
-Make it fun!!! SOAR Leaders should embody University Pride and imprint that on incoming students.
-Chants when other student groups walk by, ie "forty/niners" and hold up the c-pick (same with potential student tours).

-Give out football & basketball items that really entice students to want to attend games.

Other (Unrealistic):
-It would be so cool to turn the area on the boardwalk into some kinda College Town-esque destination with real college Bars and shops that actually support Charlotte and not other schools. (Bad Dogs was a K-State Bar and Boardwalks was a bunch of teams).
I think the SOAR thing is very key here. SOAR was kinda fun when I did it back in 2014, not sure if it's changed at all, but it was also very corny at times.
Making these kids bleed green early is very very key.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #58 on: January 12, 2018, 02:37:23 pm
For the love of God, can we stop sending football recruits photo edits that look like they were done with MS paint?

clt12thman

• Walk On
Reply #59 on: January 12, 2018, 06:14:51 pm
For the love of God, can we stop sending football recruits photo edits that look like they were done with MS paint?

^^^^^^^

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #60 on: January 13, 2018, 08:23:04 am
clt adds that the font for the players names on our b-ball jerseys doesn’t match our normal font.

Looks like someone went to embroid me at the last minute to add names.

How does this happen all the time?

* Recent Posts

FAU Postgame
[49ers Basketball Forum]
cibik02
January 19, 2018, 10:30:53 pm
Bring back Bobby Lutz!!!
[49ers Basketball Forum]
919R
January 19, 2018, 10:24:09 pm
WKU Postgame
[49ers Basketball Forum]