Author Topic: Law School  (Read 3618 times)

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #25 on: January 13, 2017, 11:33:14 am
Charlotte School of Law crisis resurrects talks of a law school at UNCC

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article126158169.html
Hey 49er undergrads, you are bigger than UNC-CH.  Start acting like it!

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #27 on: January 20, 2017, 12:35:27 pm
https://www.charlotteagenda.com/78639/charlotte-needs-law-school-time-start-new-one-recruit-one/

My fear is that the BOG will decide that the system already has a School of Law in Chapel Hill that could start a branch in Charlotte, and we could partner with them.

jfickett

• Senior Captain
  • Charlotte 49ers Football - A new chance for glory.
    • LinkedIn
Reply #28 on: January 20, 2017, 01:04:26 pm
https://www.charlotteagenda.com/78639/charlotte-needs-law-school-time-start-new-one-recruit-one/

My fear is that the BOG will decide that the system already has a School of Law in Chapel Hill that could start a branch in Charlotte, and we could partner with them.

Odds must be -300 for that to happen
11/28/2016 (16:35:02) s9er: It cost less to in student fees to launch a man into space than it does get a Charlotte men's basketball team into the NCAA's

NinerWupAss

• Gulag
  • Chancellor
Reply #29 on: January 20, 2017, 01:08:40 pm

You think CHP would allow that?  Ohhhhh wait.....
Mahna Mahna

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #30 on: January 20, 2017, 01:29:53 pm
I'm surprised CHP hasn't declared our undergrad programs & sports teams as a division of UNC-CH yet.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

emf

• Senior
Reply #31 on: March 27, 2017, 10:40:31 am
3. I met yesterday with a group of faculty members to brainstorm opportunities in the area of legal education. With the widely publicized struggles of the Charlotte School of Law, many in our community are looking to UNC Charlotte as a natural solution to provide legal education in our region. We are diligently exploring all of the possibilities and potential challenges, and I'll keep you posted on any developments. Although it is not likely that the market for newly minted lawyers is going to improve any time soon, there may be ample opportunities for us to offer a certificate or master's program​ in legal studies for folks who need legal-related preparation but not the terminal J.D. degree.

http://inside.uncc.edu/news-features/2017-03-27/read-latest-chancellor%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98fast-five%E2%80%99

NinerNirvana

• Sophomore
Reply #32 on: March 27, 2017, 10:48:53 am
3. I met yesterday with a group of faculty members to brainstorm opportunities in the area of legal education. With the widely publicized struggles of the Charlotte School of Law, many in our community are looking to UNC Charlotte as a natural solution to provide legal education in our region. We are diligently exploring all of the possibilities and potential challenges, and I'll keep you posted on any developments. Although it is not likely that the market for newly minted lawyers is going to improve any time soon, there may be ample opportunities for us to offer a certificate or master's program​ in legal studies for folks who need legal-related preparation but not the terminal J.D. degree.
Same subservient mindset as the health care field is to medical physician training.  How large is our metropolitan area again?  Unbelievable.

http://inside.uncc.edu/news-features/2017-03-27/read-latest-chancellor%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98fast-five%E2%80%99

jfickett

• Senior Captain
    • LinkedIn
Reply #33 on: March 27, 2017, 10:58:42 am
Honestly, I wont fault our school for not starting a law school, and especially not for taking over CSOL.  He's right about the market for lawyers being flooded.  With that said, I wish the efforts and resources would be devoted to a medical school instead, but it doesnt look like we want to break free being second fiddle on that, either.
11/28/2016 (16:35:02) s9er: It cost less to in student fees to launch a man into space than it does get a Charlotte men's basketball team into the NCAA's

cltniners

Reply #34 on: March 27, 2017, 11:11:12 am
clt says we need med school, not law school.

NewNiner

• Senior
Hail Charlotte 49ers and Hark Upon the Gale!

Hooner49

• Senior Captain
  • #namechangenow
    • University Name Change Campaign
Reply #36 on: April 14, 2017, 01:11:44 pm

(08:50:08) The_White_Samurai: 90% of farts that come from a diet such as Hooner's result in bleeding.

(10:25:26) NLP49: Dude, you're not Hooner. Only Hooner is.
(10:25:32) NLP49: And even he doesn't rub it in our faces.

(11:59:07) Charlotte2002: hooner's honesty is admirable

cltniners

Reply #37 on: April 14, 2017, 01:31:09 pm

clt speaks American so clt doesn't understand all of that. Dos means 2 so I guess it translates as " I need to take a number 2"

jfickett

• Senior Captain
    • LinkedIn
Reply #38 on: April 14, 2017, 01:37:56 pm

clt speaks American so clt doesn't understand all of that. Dos means 2 so I guess it translates as " I need to take a number 2"

Buying a failing law school is the equivalent of buying a steaming pile of number 2 so you weren't far off

NewNiner

• Senior
Reply #39 on: April 14, 2017, 01:40:14 pm

Given the oversaturated legal market and the extreme difficulty of getting a law school off of the ground even in good markets, I think it would be unwise.  Buying CSOL in its current state and in this environment would be insanity.
Hail Charlotte 49ers and Hark Upon the Gale!

cltniners

Reply #40 on: April 14, 2017, 05:21:32 pm
clt for chancellor.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #41 on: April 14, 2017, 09:15:47 pm

Given the oversaturated legal market and the extreme difficulty of getting a law school off of the ground even in good markets, I think it would be unwise.  Buying CSOL in its current state and in this environment would be insanity.

What is there to buy anyway?  Books in the law library?  We probably don't want the students--they are a big part of the problem.  The faculty is tainted.  Best to let this die and start from scratch if we offer a law school.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos