Author Topic: Wake Forest Post Game  (Read 12522 times)

Boomer31

• Walk On
Reply #50 on: November 30, 2007, 12:29:22 am
Wow. That's about all I can say. Seriously that was the most fun I've had at a Niners game since I came to Charlotte. Just wondering where the heck all these other fans came from? My crew and I were up in 117 and I had never seen so much green and white. Maybe this will get some of them out to Halton.
Also random thought, does any else see Bobcats star Gerald Wallace when they watch Charlie play? He may not put up the most points, but he fills up the stat sheet. So does An'Juan :ohmy: very impressive.

Cha_49

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #51 on: November 30, 2007, 12:30:50 am
is it just me or soes dijuan look like a certain former NBA player who was in attendance tonight?.....or Jamie Fox
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, I ought to do, and what I ought to do, by the Grace of God, I will do."
Engraved on Ms. Bonnie Cones Memorial

Powerbait

Reply #52 on: November 30, 2007, 12:31:28 am
Glad we won, we gutted a win out finally.

Smokin'Niners

• Walk On
Reply #53 on: November 30, 2007, 12:32:27 am
I give MAJOR props to lee. Though he had a rough game tonight he played trhough. And more importantly he kept his cool. There was a LOT of crap talk going on from one of wakes players in teh first half, but lee seemed to be blowing him off. A few rough fouls, namely the one at the end of the game, a lot of players would have got up swinging - but he was cool. I give him a lot of credit as the leader of the team for how he handled himself tonight.

I hate to bring it up...but it's amazing what you can learn from one mistake in a big time game. And I know we can all recall GW. You know it had to be in Lee's head a lot of this game with the crap he was being hit with.

You live you learn and you make someone else pay for it

Over40NINER

• Athletic Director
Reply #54 on: November 30, 2007, 12:32:56 am
Fun game tonight.  I loved the way we won..... Defense, Smart Play, Determination, Teamwork, Hustle.

Great turnout.  The few Wake fans looked a little intimidated.   And a big THANK YOU to the students for not rushing the court.
This post was sponsored by Over40NINER......... the NNN 2009 POY.

NinerAdvocate

Reply #55 on: November 30, 2007, 12:35:48 am
Quote from: Smokin'Niners;272366
I give MAJOR props to lee. Though he had a rough game tonight he played trhough. And more importantly he kept his cool. There was a LOT of crap talk going on from one of wakes players in teh first half, but lee seemed to be blowing him off. A few rough fouls, namely the one at the end of the game, a lot of players would have got up swinging - but he was cool. I give him a lot of credit as the leader of the team for how he handled himself tonight.

I hate to bring it up...but it's amazing what you can learn from one mistake in a big time game. And I know we can all recall GW. You know it had to be in Lee's head a lot of this game with the crap he was being hit with.

You live you learn and you make someone else pay for it

Excellent comment. Totally agree.

TheNinerAlchemist

• Senior
Reply #56 on: November 30, 2007, 12:41:36 am
Quote from: Over40NINER;272367
Fun game tonight. I loved the way we won..... Defense, Smart Play, Determination, Teamwork, Hustle.

Great turnout. The few Wake fans looked a little intimidated. And a big THANK YOU to the students for not rushing the court.

Where does all this talk about rushing the court come from?  Who even suggested it?
I turn all things to gold.

dax

Reply #57 on: November 30, 2007, 12:46:10 am
Quote from: TheNinerAlchemist;272375
Where does all this talk about rushing the court come from?  Who even suggested it?

i did notice a guy rush onto to the court after the game only to get stopped by security.

EE9er

• Assistant Coach
Reply #58 on: November 30, 2007, 12:47:07 am
Quote from: Cha_49;272364
is it just me or soes dijuan look like a certain former NBA player who was in attendance tonight?.....or Jamie Fox

My wife said Dijuan looks like Nelly, and i have to agree with her.
"No more excuses, no more apologists, no more anything.... time to win or GTFO. 
NWA - 5/8/13

NinerAdvocate

Reply #59 on: November 30, 2007, 12:49:28 am
Quote from: EE9er;272380
My wife said Dijuan looks like Nelly, and i have to agree with her.

Jamie Foxx.

Over40NINER

• Athletic Director
Reply #60 on: November 30, 2007, 12:53:58 am
Quote from: TheNinerAlchemist;272375

Well.... it was never "suggested" in prior years when it was rushed.  It just always happened.  But you should never rush the court when you are better than the opponent.
This post was sponsored by Over40NINER......... the NNN 2009 POY.

survivor45

• Assistant Coach
Reply #61 on: November 30, 2007, 01:00:08 am
I'll echo everybody else.

Wilderness is playing like the Rookie-of-the-year.  He may not win the actual award because so much of what he does defensively won't put up gaudy numbers in the stat column.  But he's a winner.

Harris deserves a ton of praise.  He's been every bit of the unselfish player I did not expect him to be.  His three early in the game - when nothing was clicking offensively for anyone else - was huge.  He plays defense and certainly seems eager to be coached.  He also earned additional points from me by going on Lutz Live and name-dropping Eddie Basden - it shows he's been following the program.  Not a bad one-star pickup by Bobby.

I really thought Coley had even more blocks then he did.  He's been pretty much everything I hoped he'd be at PF.

Bobby also praised Phil in the postgame - said he was aggressive all game long for the first time.  Also mentioned that he didn't think Phil would be able to handle the sprinting back and forth all game vs. Wake - but Phil did well tonight.  He'd be hard to take off the floor if he maintains this toughness.

Love the style of play this year and the intensity.  Our opponent really struggled offensively.

Powerbait

Reply #62 on: November 30, 2007, 01:03:11 am
Phil Jones 4 assists, 0 Turnovers.

We are going to have a really special team, maybe as early as next season.

BUt it is going to be fun watching them grow this year.

walaboom

• Walk On
Reply #63 on: November 30, 2007, 03:00:04 am
Coley had 4 blocks, but if you actually watched the game, you'll realize how many shots he altered and it was amazing

I also think when he pulls up in front of the rim, he needs to learn how to use the backboard.

The freaking referees..... I can't believe they didn't call a foul when Phil went up for the dunk at the end game. We were only up by three, that could have cost us the game.

Dijuan made 2 big threes. If he can score like he did tonight and keep playing intensive defense. Gerrity might have to start worrying about his playing time :P

I laugh so hard when Coley stole the ball while everyone was going down to the other side of the court. When everyone turned around, they all had "wtf, why does Coley have the ball" face

Another good one was when Wake was walking back while no one paid any attention at the ball and Dewhurst sneak up on them.

Wilderness - um, yeah, freshmen!!!!

We need to work on our transition defense, we got burned so many times because our guys either not getting back fast enough or not paying attention at the ball.

FORTY NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

gotLutz

• Assistant Coach
    • http://www.charlotte49erfootball.com
Reply #64 on: November 30, 2007, 03:02:23 am
Quote from: walaboom;272415
We need to work on our transition defense, we got burned so many times because our guys either not getting back fast enough or not paying attention at the ball.

Huh?? What's transition defense?

I don't think we do that around here.. :huh:

"We did a market survey of how people know us, and we got everything. There was UNCC, UNC, NC Charlotte (and) just plain North Carolina. We were all over the board, and it was like, nobody knows who the heck we are....We hate the UNC on it." - Charlotte AD Judy Rose

Gill2003

Reply #65 on: November 30, 2007, 03:10:35 am
Quote from: charlieniner;272289
How sweet the win over Wake must be for Dijuan Harris. He was overlooked coming out of high school in Charlotte
while coaches (including Bobby) drooled over Ish Smith from nearby Concord. Then Dijuan earns a scholarship and OUTPLAYS Smith in
Bobcats Arena. Dijuan had 10 pts, 5 assists and 4 steals with only 2 turnovers. Smith finished with 4 pts, 5 assists and 4 turnovers.
Anjuan was amazing, Phil was finally agressive, Coley had some great blocks and dunks, but without Dijuan Harris we don't win.
Also, kudos to the syudents for NOT rushing the floor.

Like 5 guys were trying to coax students in the section next to us, to rush the court. Im glad security came out and stopped it. Bunch of amatuers...

kr11

• Walk On
    • GotKait.com
Reply #66 on: November 30, 2007, 06:38:41 am
So, I get on facebook this morning and see that one of my friends has a new photo album.
"Wake Forest vs UNCC Basketball"
First matter of business, I ask her to change the name of the album to Charlotte.
I start looking through the album. One of the people she went with is wearing a Clemson hoodie. They must've not got the memo that Clemson decided not to come last night?
And when a final picture of the scoreboard is taken, the caption is "63-59 for UNCG"

*puzzled*

360: kroberts11
PSN: kroberts11
Wii: 0277025840416512

EE9er

• Assistant Coach
Reply #67 on: November 30, 2007, 07:56:18 am
Quote from: kr11;272428
one of my friends has a new photo album.

That should stop right there.
"No more excuses, no more apologists, no more anything.... time to win or GTFO. 
NWA - 5/8/13

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #68 on: November 30, 2007, 08:12:35 am
Wow, I have a reason to post again.  I was so pissed after the last loss I decided to take a break.  Anyway,  great game by the Niners last night even if I could not see the game.  It's nice to see the team come up big when it's best player is having an off night.  Hopefully the team can carry the momentum into the Davidson game because Davidson is a better team than Wake, IMO.

ChevEE

• Athletic Director
  • [shev-ee]
Reply #69 on: November 30, 2007, 08:38:25 am
Quote from: charlieniner;272289
Also, kudos to the syudents for NOT rushing the floor.

I was courtside and security held back a few people who tried.

Quote from: TheProvider;272316
Wake coach said after the game "I'm hoarse from yelling so much tonight to be heard.  It was the loudest enrivonment we had played in.  Much louder than Iowa the other night".  Nice job Niner Nation!

:thumbsup: Nice!  We're back baby!  We're back!  

Quote from: dax;272346
did anyone else realized we finally played well on a hockey rink?

:lmao:

Quote from: Cha_49;272364

Thought it all along.  Looks like and plays like too.

Quote from: survivor45;272386
Wilderness is playing like the Rookie-of-the-year.

Absotively Posilutely

Quote from: walaboom;272415
I laugh so hard when Coley stole the ball while everyone was going down to the other side of the court. When everyone turned around, they all had "wtf, why does Coley have the ball" face

That was good.
Go NINERS!

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #70 on: November 30, 2007, 08:39:46 am
Quote from: NinerAdvocate;272381
Jamie Foxx.

It's becoming a Charlotte Tradition.

Mitchell Baldwin reminds me of Usher...

CPA_Niner

• Senior
Reply #71 on: November 30, 2007, 08:43:20 am
It's nice to finally be excited about Niner basketball again.  I haven't enjoyed a Niner game like that in a long time.  I look forward to watching this team the rest of the season and get even better in the next few years.
"I have a really interesting political point of view, and it's not always something I say too loud at dinner tables here, but you can't go from a $2,000-a-night suite at La Mirage to a penitentiary and really understand it and come out a liberal. You can't."  - Robert Downey Jr

ChevEE

• Athletic Director
  • [shev-ee]
Reply #72 on: November 30, 2007, 08:43:37 am
And when a final picture of the scoreboard is taken, the caption is "63-59 for UNCG"

*puzzled*

Really?
Go NINERS!

X-49er

• Head Coach
  • Connoisseur of all things Niner
Reply #73 on: November 30, 2007, 08:58:33 am

I start looking through the album. One of the people she went with is wearing a Clemson hoodie. They must've not got the memo that Clemson decided not to come last night?

This girl was on TV.  The first thing out of my mouth when she was shown on camera is "what the hell is she doing there"?  It's one thing to wear that crap around campus upset because you didn't get to go to college where you wanted to, but it's another to wear it at your school's sporting event and make us look stupid on TV.

I asked this last night in the shout box, but did not see an answer.  Anybody know why Lutz hurriedly shook hands and ran off the court?  Was he feeling bad or expecting the students to rush court?  The Wake fans were hammering him on it, and I thought it was a little odd.
I hope you will support who we are, not who we are not. - Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers

Cha_49

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #74 on: November 30, 2007, 09:20:43 am
I dont know if its been mentioned, but the 19 foot jumper from phil with about a minute and a half to go...at the end of the shot clock was a key play as well....that was clutch from our big man.
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, I ought to do, and what I ought to do, by the Grace of God, I will do."
Engraved on Ms. Bonnie Cones Memorial

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos