Author Topic: 49er's to play in Grady Cole Summer League  (Read 30216 times)

TheProvider

• Freshman
Reply #175 on: July 27, 2010, 08:22:41 pm
Coach Major is not a huge fan of the summer league.  Wouldn't tell a kid not to play, but would prefer they didn't.  Being a fundamentals guy, most all summer league games turn into hot dogging and bad basketball, therefore why encourage that environment?  Doubt you see an emphasis on it in the future.  As an fyi, the guys are playing a lot on campus and all are in summer sessions.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #176 on: July 27, 2010, 08:24:52 pm
Coach Major is not a huge fan of the summer league.  Wouldn't tell a kid not to play, but would prefer they didn't.  Being a fundamentals guy, most all summer league games turn into hot dogging and bad basketball, therefore why encourage that environment?  Doubt you see an emphasis on it in the future.  As an fyi, the guys are playing a lot on campus and all are in summer sessions.
Makes some sense regarding the fundamentals. Would it be illegal to have all the guys on one summer league team, so they can work on playing together?

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #177 on: July 27, 2010, 08:38:16 pm
NCAA issues?  I thought I had heard/read somewhere that no more than 3 collegiate teammates can be on the same team... that may be bullshit.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #178 on: July 27, 2010, 09:07:54 pm
The rule could be exactly what you stated. I have no idea, and couple that with my lazyness, I may never find out.

CharSFNiners

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
Reply #179 on: July 27, 2010, 09:50:36 pm
I saw it on another board... and honestly with all the crazy ass rules the NCAA throws at you, this wouldn't be that crazy of a rule.

metro

• Sophomore
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #180 on: January 19, 2018, 12:43:40 am
:eek:. Really man...

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos