Author Topic: clt starts the appy football pregame chat page  (Read 8448 times)

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #50 on: December 25, 2017, 10:29:11 am
This is lunacy.  App is good.  We gotta deal with it.  The only way for us to shut them up, is to grow our program. 

Get ready for them to hang 50 next year, unless they have nobody on that sideline capable of running the offense (doubtful).  Our only prayer is an NFL team hires a college guy, starting a chain reaction that moves Scott Satterfield.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #51 on: December 26, 2017, 07:36:25 pm
This is lunacy.  App is good.  We gotta deal with it.  The only way for us to shut them up, is to grow our program. 

Get ready for them to hang 50 next year, unless they have nobody on that sideline capable of running the offense (doubtful).  Our only prayer is an NFL team hires a college guy, starting a chain reaction that moves Scott Satterfield.
.  You realize they lose A TON of starters, right? They will likely still beat us, but I doubt it's as bad as you expect.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #52 on: December 26, 2017, 07:57:59 pm

.  You realize they lose A TON of starters, right? They will likely still beat us, but I doubt it's as bad as you expect.
with any luck they'll lose their coach, thoigh I doubt that'll happen at this point.

I was hoping we'd both be breaking in new coaches next season.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #53 on: December 26, 2017, 11:29:49 pm
clt expects confusion from appy fans when they see craft beer at norms.

Moore83

• Walk On
Reply #54 on: December 26, 2017, 11:47:28 pm
Looks like their D.C. may be heading to Ga. Tech.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #55 on: December 27, 2017, 09:11:04 am

App is every bit the well oiled machine that WKU is.  While I'm sure they'd rather have those guys back, them losing starters is not as big a deal as if a program like us did.

Like I said, our only hope is they have QB turmoil, and we get some prolific play at the QB position.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #56 on: December 27, 2017, 01:06:21 pm

App is every bit the well oiled machine that WKU is.  While I'm sure they'd rather have those guys back, them losing starters is not as big a deal as if a program like us did.

Like I said, our only hope is they have QB turmoil, and we get some prolific play at the QB position.
we will see about that. They are losing more key seniors this year than they have in any recent season.

49erDrummer

• Junior
Reply #57 on: December 27, 2017, 01:39:13 pm
App is, more than likely, going to run us off our own field.

This is not the result I want, obviously. I'm about as green-tinted in my outlook as they come, typically. However, it is the reality of the situation.  Until our AD sees an overhaul and our program is committed to growth and a new direction, this is the truth. 

I hope I'm wrong. I doubt I will be.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • When one door closes...open it again. It's a door!
Reply #58 on: December 27, 2017, 02:52:30 pm

They are losing a lot.

My cousin is an App State alum and he said they were killed with injuries this year for much of the year...and got healthy for the last 2-3 games which they won by an average of about 55-10.  Because of the number of talented upper classmen, he truly thinks if they had been healthy all year...this was the year to get ranked.

He is expecting a drop off next year because in his opinion this is the best team App has ever put on the field.
Niner Nation wanted football...we got football
Niner Nation wanted Judy gone....Judy's gone
Niner Nation wanted the Tarhole sign gone from I85...the sign in gone

Name Change.......YOU'RE NEXT!!!!

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #59 on: December 27, 2017, 07:23:10 pm
App is, more than likely, going to run us off our own field.

This is not the result I want, obviously. I'm about as green-tinted in my outlook as they come, typically. However, it is the reality of the situation.  Until our AD sees an overhaul and our program is committed to growth and a new direction, this is the truth. 

I hope I'm wrong. I doubt I will be.
.  Depends on your definition of "run us off.....".  No way to be sure, but I could see maybe 35-14 or something, but not 60-7 or anything like that. They will likely be pretty good still next year, but good like mid-cusa teams. We have played better teams and occasionally shown up.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #60 on: December 27, 2017, 08:00:53 pm
Appís DC reportedly headed to GT

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #61 on: December 28, 2017, 07:13:43 am
clt says appy sold fewer season tickets this year than 2007. Only 6000

They are a program in decline.

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #62 on: December 28, 2017, 08:48:55 am
A App grad that I workout with is already talking trash to me.  They think it is going to be 35 or more point win.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • When one door closes...open it again. It's a door!
Reply #63 on: December 28, 2017, 10:06:28 am
A App grad that I workout with is already talking trash to me.  They think it is going to be 35 or more point win.

That's not talking trash...that is a modest guess
Niner Nation wanted football...we got football
Niner Nation wanted Judy gone....Judy's gone
Niner Nation wanted the Tarhole sign gone from I85...the sign in gone

Name Change.......YOU'RE NEXT!!!!

49erDrummer

• Junior
Reply #64 on: December 28, 2017, 10:20:31 am
Depends on your definition of "run us off.....".  No way to be sure, but I could see maybe 35-14 or something, but not 60-7 or anything like that. They will likely be pretty good still next year, but good like mid-cusa teams. We have played better teams and occasionally shown up.

If they have scored three TD's or less at the half, I'll be absolutely shocked. If we score three TD's the entire game, I'll be equally shocked. Put it that way.

Again: Prove me wrong, Niners. Please.

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #65 on: December 28, 2017, 10:22:09 am

That's not talking trash...that is a modest guess

Yeah, unless some wild improvement occurs I fear we may get smoked.  I  have no confidence in our coaching  to prevent an ass whooping.

winsel1081

• Walk On
Reply #66 on: December 28, 2017, 12:25:48 pm

That is the difference between a school that has built a solid program, has the support of the administration, and has years of tradition of being good. App did have big name seniors on the team but they also got of contributions on the team from Freshman and Sophomores.  As you said the biggest question they face is at the QB position but Lamb's backup showed decent stuff in the few games he got into. 

This whole notion of their coach leaves App falls off I don't buy either.  App has a pretty strong coaching tree to choose from and to me it is foolish to assume if one leaves the whole house will crumble.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #67 on: December 28, 2017, 01:28:23 pm

That is the difference between a school that has built a solid program, has the support of the administration, and has years of tradition of being good. App did have big name seniors on the team but they also got of contributions on the team from Freshman and Sophomores.  As you said the biggest question they face is at the QB position but Lamb's backup showed decent stuff in the few games he got into. 

This whole notion of their coach leaves App falls off I don't buy either.  App has a pretty strong coaching tree to choose from and to me it is foolish to assume if one leaves the whole house will crumble.
it may not crumble, but there is still usually an adjustment period. Satterfield didn't do very well his first year, but look at him now.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #68 on: December 28, 2017, 01:37:21 pm
We lost to an FCS school and beat a team, barely, that didn't have a team last year. App will be disappointed if they don't beat us by at least 3 TDs.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #69 on: January 04, 2018, 07:45:37 am
clt says the appys plan on buying season ticket packs just for the appy game ticket.

They are obsessed with us.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #70 on: January 04, 2018, 11:05:06 pm
-20 below zero windchill tomorrow in Boone. We should be forwarding all their good recruits the weather report.

frequentvisitor

• Walk On
Reply #71 on: January 04, 2018, 11:53:05 pm
The football team isn't there, are they? They'd go back the weekend before classes start.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #72 on: January 05, 2018, 07:07:22 am
The football team isn't there, are they? They'd go back the weekend before classes start.

The point is the weather can suck there in the winter. You donít see -20 wind chill in the southern piedmont.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #73 on: January 05, 2018, 07:43:04 am
clt says they are excited about a rooftop bar......that will only be reasonable in the summer. When the students are home.

ghostofclt

• Junior
Reply #74 on: January 25, 2018, 06:18:20 pm
clt says Charlotte is -3 in the early spread v Appalachian Training School for Teachers.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos